Gensler Reviews

Found 1,333 of over 1,521 reviews

4.0
Gensler Co-CEOs Andy Cohen and Diane Hoskins
Andy Cohen and Diane Hoskins
Pros
  • "easy going work environment for all(in 65 reviews)

• "Working with great people and great design(in 64 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and some directors who are out of touch with employee wellbeing(in 55 reviews)

• "hard to achieve work-life balance due to heavy load on works(in 52 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

A dynamic place to really grow in your design career

Mar 28, 2021 - Principal/Design Director in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a strong culture at Gensler that you really come to appreciate - in the various offices all over the world. There is something that connects everyone - a culture and commitment to creating great projects but also growing our people to lead in their own way. Something they call the "one-firm-firm" mentality - that we all work across offices to support out our teams and our clients - vs. competing against each region like some firms do. I had a great opportunity to travel to many offices over 20 years and work on some of the most amazing projects of every scale - when you walk into one of our offices at senior level - you feel at home immediately. When I first arrived many years ago - I really knew nothing about Gensler - but over the years I have seen every kind of project and every kind of client come through our doors. As the reputation has grown - the work is getting better and better and more diverse than simply architecture and interiors. I had the opportunity to work with numerous talented consultants and collaborators - but was always happy to have the core Gensler group that I worked with understand the culture and what connects us all. I think people would be shocked at how simple the formula developed by Art Gensler is - "hiring great people and getting out of their way". It works when it's done right and there are a lot of leaders, designers and doers who practice this ideas whether they think about it or not.

Cons

The people who really thrive at Gensler understand that this is not a place to just "have a job" - but to grow in your career and push beyond your comfort zone. While the firm has changed significantly and matured over my 22 years - it is changing faster than ever in recent times - to keep pace with how fast the design industry is changing, our society, our cities and the impact of interior design and architecture. This means there are great opportunities for those with an entrepreneurial drive and a dynamic design approach. If you want to do one thing, to just work on projects - this might not be the place for you.

5 people found this review helpful

Gensler Response

Thanks so much for the feedback. We love to hear from our alumni and wish you all the best in your current and future endeavors.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interior Designer

Dec 26, 2018 - Interior Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, non-hierarchical, many oppertunities for growth and learning, stong research led firm, global opertunities

Cons

Technology should be improved across all levels of staff, financial rewards are average

Gensler Response

Thanks for providing such terrific feedback on your experience at Gensler. We love to hear from our people!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Architecture

Sep 19, 2021 - Graduate Architect in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Technically Advanced. Amazing people to work with. Global Presence.

Cons

Hard to get to design.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company review

Feb 22, 2021 - Interior Designer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Internationally recognised company, nice office.

Cons

Compensation not competitive within the market, especially true the longer you stay.

Gensler Response

Thanks for providing feedback on your experience at Gensler. We appreciate our alumni and value their perspectives.

5. 4.0

Global experience

Nov 25, 2020 - Associate in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great international relationship and culture between studios all around the world.

Cons

hard to achieve work-life balance due to heavy load on works

1 person found this review helpful

Gensler Response

Thanks for providing feedback on your experience at Gensler. We value our people and love to hear their perspectives.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pros and Cons

Apr 19, 2020 - Designer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

You receive two bonuses a year

Cons

Even with the two bonuses received you're not paid enough, compared with the current market.

Gensler Response

Thanks for the feedback. We treat workplace concerns seriously and address them in accordance with our internal policies and procedures. We have multiple channels for reporting issues and we train and encourage our team members to use them. Encouraging everyone to ask questions and provide honest feedback is critical to supporting our culture and our values of integrity, trust and mutual respect.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent place to work!

May 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top tier company; excellent management; benefits of being a small office with large, global support network; great community culture and amazing colleagues to work with; recognition of talent and hard work with great opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There are no major cons.

Gensler Response

We are flattered by your amazing feedback and are especially happy to know that you are experiencing the benefits of being in a small office while still having access to our global network of talented design professionals. We value our local roots and always strive to be local first. Thanks again for the feedback and for all the work you do on behalf of our firm and our clients.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Oct 19, 2021 - Interior Designer in Paris
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment and great colleagues

Cons

low salary compared to years of experience

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No place is perfect

Oct 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunities + clientele, myriad opportunities to find your own voice / pursue your passions and multiple pathways for individual and collective success.

Cons

With so many initiatives, committees and overlappping commitments, it can often be difficult to prioritize in the midst of an incredibly busy work environment.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Great Place!

Oct 11, 2021 - Design Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prestigious, entrepreneurial, and limitless resources,

Cons

career growth can be slow

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,333 Reviews