Gigamon Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.6
Gigamon CEO Paul Hooper
Paul Hooper
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance is completely messed up(in 11 reviews)

• "They learnt an art of keeping upper management happy without owning and delivering anything on the ground(in 8 reviews)

1. "Gigamon"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Gigamon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great tech, leader in the field, well respected and good customer base. Good local team with tenure. Resonate package and perks.

Cons

Long sales cycle, enterprise only, lots of staff changes and downsizing due to recent acquisition by equity investor

Gigamon2018-08-28
  2. "Inappropriate Behavior by Executives Ignored"

I worked at Gigamon full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with

Cons

Executive level management has an I can do what I want mentality. They are abusive and inappropriate, especially if alcohol is involved. Speaking to HR does nothing, it gets shoved under the rug. Speaking up gets you nothing but additional abuse by managers. HR does not keep information confidential and shares with management so you can expect additional inappropriate behavior. Members of the Executive team are... out of control and nothing is being done about it. The only option out is to quit. It's sad when you go to HR with a legitimate case on sexual harassment and abuse and they do absolutely nothing about it. The only option was to quit... so I did. This company is not worth the abusive behavior of some of the Executive team. Other executives are aware and are complacent about it. I know my experience was not the first, not the only and was not the last.

Advice to Management

Be respectful and treat your employees like human beings. Don't be arrogant and don't abuse your staff to the point that their only option is to leave.

Gigamon2019-10-10

Gigamon Response

October 16, 2019Chief People Officer

Dear Anonymous, This is important and disappointing feedback. We take claims of sexual harassment and our policy of non-retaliation extremely seriously. I am unaware of any legal complaint that has been raised to HR and not investigated and resolved appropriately. That said, even though you are no longer on our team, we would like to understand the situation you describe because we always want to treat employees with respect and improve as an organization. Feel free to reach out to me directly at christel.ventura@gigamon.com. If you prefer to share the details anonymously, you can send them to Attn: General Counsel, Gigamon Inc., 3300 Olcott Street, Santa Clara, CA. 95054. Please include sufficient detail so that we are able to understand the root cause and take appropriate action. Thank you. Christel Ventura, CPO

"Good company with decent products and few strong exec leaders"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Gigamon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The products are unique ones which are for netops and secops market. This TAM is so unique that it still offers many unsolved product opportunities. It is up to respective members - product managers, SW engineers (dev&QA) and engineering leaders - to understand and thrive if they approach this correctly. The product management and engineering leaders are constantly trying to simulate this aspect to their teams.... Some of the members, who are coming from traditional background with clear set of product requirements, may struggle to understand this. However, the growth opportunities both personally and professionally are immense. I enjoyed this open environment with can-do attitude. The leaders did notice and provided me all the opportunities to succeed. Overall, Gigamon is a good company.

Cons

There are so many negative reviews on the Glassdoor. But they are overly biased towards the negative side. There are pockets of areas where efficiencies & technical/people leadership could be improved.

Advice to Management

The products are limited to couple of segments of the vast networking market where there are many smaller players popping up. I feel that Gigamon needs to provide unique values in the products that competitors can't catch up quickly or enter into totally new market which is not competing with the partners.

Gigamon2019-08-25
  4. "Best Job I've ever had!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Gigamon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Rock solid executive management, visionary product and engineering. Feels like a startup with the best back office support in the industry. Every aspect of this company is the best.

Cons

Nothing really. Perhaps spiffs more often for specific targets.

Advice to Management

Don't ever change. You're doing it right and setting an example. Well done.

Gigamon2019-07-31

"Growth stalled because of poor management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Gigamon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1.Decent compensation 2.Free food and benefits 3.Good work life balance

Cons

1.Executive management performance below average with zero long term thinking 2.Focus keeps changing. 3.More keen on checking boxes rather than delivering high quality feature set 4.Engineering managers have no guts to speak against engineering head who keeps changing focus and dictates teams to deliver on unrealistic timelines.Result is that the managers over commit and under deliver by delivering below... par features.Although features look enough to check boxes,underneath its crap 5.Non existent cto 6.Lack of ownership and accountability in the organization 7.Executive management seem to be a bunch of buddies who do not hold each other accountable 8.Innovation engine has stopped running as rock star engineers have left. 9.Company not innovating on behalf of customers ,rather just following some big customers commands.

Advice to Management

For company to scale to say $1Billion/yea .focus primarily on two things-1.User experience 2. Build a true platform where other companies are dependent on your technology To do this -->Adopt long term thinking -->.Entire company to focus on user experience.Delight the customers--All sizes .Do not be biased and dependent only on big companies.Focus on smaller ones too.You never know when a small... company becomes a giant -->Focus on building real platform and developing partner ecosystem such that partners are dependent on gigamon technology/platform for their success. Gigamon should not just be a "nice to have" but rather a must for the partners growth-->;Develop high quality SDK and use cases where partners proactively take data fed by gigamon and establish a feedback loop to and from gigamon platform. (Check splunk,F5 or vmware sdk's. Google for gigamon sdk and see what you get) 4.Hire rock star engineers and architects to motivate the current lot 5.Bring back the old culture/values of gigamon to get this done

Gigamon2019-07-30

"Good company trailing because of directors/vp"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Chennai

I have been working at Gigamon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work Environment Food and Fun Colleagues Some Managers

Cons

Pay will be equivalent to service based company Person joining with referral through director levels are given many benefits and they even don't work well HR should know basic knowledge on how to talk with candidate for salary negotiation

Advice to Management

Top managements should intervene in chennai office's politics to stop company going into a bad shape

Gigamon2019-07-25

"over all average"

Former Employee - Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Gigamon full-time for more than a year

Pros

benefits are not good but OK , environ is good , open

Cons

salary is way low ...

Gigamon2019-07-16
  8. "Employee First Mentality - Best place I have worked"

I have been working at Gigamon full-time

Pros

I have worked at companies where the customer is first. Gigamon has this right, by putting employees first, ultimately customers will benefit. - great potential in the market - the solution provides outstanding ROI to customers - Great people, across the globe - One Gigamon culture, a truly team based approach that everyone in the company supports - Upper management is down to earth and there to help -... Positive work/life balance

Cons

I have not experienced any cons

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing

Gigamon2019-06-18
  9. "Really happy to work at Gigamon :)"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Gigamon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Senior management is down-to-earth and listens to the engineers. Great product that is needed by most enterprises. Technology leader in the network visibility space. Great compensation and still small enough for individuals to make a difference.

Cons

Network Visibility provided by companies like Gigamon is not specifically called out in many RFPs - Customers still need to be educated on the requirement. Although Gigamon is the innovation leader in the network visibility space, I still wish it would move faster to market with innovations.

Gigamon2019-06-17
  10. "Great company, great products, great culture!!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gigamon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Gigamon has a great solution and continues to innovate and lead the market everyday. It is a fun, but hardworking environment. The culture is truly "One Gigamon", very much a supportive team environment. Senior Leadership is top-notch and really cares about their employees.

Cons

I've found no significant cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and innovate.

Gigamon2019-06-13