Glassdoor Account Executive Reviews

1. 5.0

Great company, culture, benefits

Jun 28, 2021 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working at Glassdoor. Lots of great people, wonderful team and manager, the pay was good, great benefits, office amenities were amazing. Great desks, laptop included, etc. When we got laid off to covid, we got to keep our macbook laptop and they provided us with a 3 month severance. I mention this because I think it shows what kind of a company it is

Cons

As such a growing company, there were definitely some growing pains in terms of communication between teams/ departments. Also, glassdoor as a product has it's quirks, and due to growing pains, our support team isn't big enough to support and help out as many clients as we have. as a result, had to deal with a lot of complaints

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Disappointing To See Where We Are

Jul 6, 2021 - Enterprise Account Executive in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working Unlimited PTO Culture Being treated as an adult (at times) Nothing else

Cons

Poor senior leadership Out of touch CEO Pay not competitive Poor decision making The time to make any decision takes far too long and are reliant on Indeed to agree or work with us to make a decision. Waiting half a quarter to receive your quota! Poor planning Almost too much of a focus on D&I and not on some very basic issues

3. Ask Employees™

How satisfied are you with the quality of your coworkers at Glassdoor?

Polled: Jul 2021Responses: 203 ResponsesResponses: 203Audience: All employees
    Very Satisfied 111 (55%)
    Featured Employee Response

My co-workers are incredibly smart, resourceful, and kind. On the days that I don't feel like showing up, they pull me forward. I've done some of the best work of my career because of the people around me.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Strong Culture / Mission Driven

May 4, 2021 - Enterprise Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Despite the many massive pot holes that dominated my last year at GD, I can recall the work environment as pleasant and fun. It has a rich mission that allows for good people to do really good work.

Cons

There is a degree of micromanaging that is reflective of homegrown leaders in the GTM org. It may be the nature of the industry, but I occasionally felt that there was a lack of a seasoned enterprise skillset in the direct people leader roles.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture, great people, too bad covid happened

Mar 23, 2021 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and benefits. Product is pretty easy to learn. Plenty of resources to help you be successful. Company did take care of employees with severance when company did major layoffs.

Cons

Covid caused a lot of layoffs. Felt almost blindsided when 200+ of us were let go. We were told over and over that with Recruit being parent company there was plenty of cash to be able to handle the shift. Then very quickly we were told out of the blue we'd have an emergency meeting and we were given the news that we were being laid off after continuous times being told we are in great shape. It wasn't transparent. It almost felt as if Recruit took advantage of the Covid situation to do what they were probably going to do later. The whole market was affected but the transparency of being in great shape and then the big shock is what hurt.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and people

Jun 22, 2021 - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are amazing. Good pay, strong leadership. Transparent culture. Excelent onboarding

Cons

Delays in decision making with indeed

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Beware - all the good people are gone

Mar 15, 2021 - Senior Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Glassdoor were the best of the best. The culture was extremely collaborative, inclusive, and enabled us to grow. I learned so much from my manager and director and am still in touch with many of my collegues and mentors even as we approach the 1 year mark of the massive lay off.

Cons

Transparency The company yielded this as one of the highest core values and they lied to us until the very last week before the lay off. The upper management (Christian and comrades) had extremely poor leadership during a very difficult time. It seemed like COVID was a cover up for the lay off when it's really that Glassdoor is being more absorbed into Indeed than before. It's sad because it was such a special place.

13 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people at Glassdoor, but CEO is not trustworthy

May 11, 2020 - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Glassdoor at truly incredible. They do such a great job hiring inspiration leaders who really care about the success of their people. I always felt supported and never ran out of opportunities to grow.

Cons

Ever since the Recruit Holdings acquisition, a common feeling among many employees was, "Are we just going to get swallowed up by Indeed?". We were consistently reinsured by our CEO, Christian Sutherland-Wong that we serve different missions and will operate completely independently. Unfortunately, it feels like the massive round of layoffs was a convenient excuse for Glassdoor to merge with Indeed and our intuitions were correct . They got rid of our very best leaders, presidents club winners, and consistent quota achievers. That shows you where the future of Glassdoor is headed. Wouldn't be surprised if Glassdoor becomes a product Indeed sells soon. Not once did CSW prepare us for this blindside. It seemed as if we were weathering the storm, but out of no where he emotionlessly let 300 people go.

69 people found this review helpful

Glassdoor Response

CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It has been heartbreaking to say goodbye to such talented and good people for reasons that are completely beyond their control and not for a lack of effort or performance. The impact of this decision on each and every person, while necessary to the business, still weighs heavily on me. I hear the disappointment you feel in me. I understand this. And I own it. I also hear your feedback that you feel blindsided by this announcement. I own this too and will seek to learn from this. I want to reiterate that Glassdoor continues to operate as a distinct company and brand, and our mission to help find people a job and company they love is more important than ever. Please accept my deepest thanks for all you’ve done and contributed to Glassdoor. Christian CEO, Glassdoor

9. 5.0

Good company and culture

Mar 30, 2021 - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues, wonderful atmosphere and an enjoyable place to come to work everyday.

Cons

Unfortunately the handling of the redundancy news in May was executed poorly.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best companies i've worked for

Dec 15, 2020 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They really take their values seriously. Transparency is king at Glassdoor and its felt in every decision they've made. I never felt left in the dark or like there were resources the company was shielding from me. This is also great as a sales rep, I knew everything there was about the product I was selling and I could feel good about selling it. They never asked me to lie or twist the truth. Always honesty first.

Cons

Diversity could have also been much better. The Chicago office was pretty much a monoculture. Everybody was nice, but homogenous. I was a little worried when I first started. They need to broaden their employee demographic.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The best move I ever made

Jan 12, 2021 - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every generic company will say the team is like family, at Glassdoor everyone was family. We were treated with respect and everyone was excited to collaborate. The competition is healthy and supportive. Most importantly the service provided is essential for the future of all business conducted. They are creating the necessary transparency and accountabilities for genuine companies to thrive. Find the best talent and retain them. Build the family.

Cons

The opportunity ended with Covid.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Reviews