Glassdoor Sales Manager Reviews

Glassdoor CEO Christian Sutherland-Wong
Christian Sutherland-Wong
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Best Onboarding Experience!

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I felt part of the team day 1. This is been nothing short of a wonderful experience!

Cons

Not many medical benefits options

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Covid

Sep 8, 2020 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good People at most levels.

Cons

Covid, kind of got to the best of the company.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Glassdoor Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to read that you experienced Good Humans during your time at Glassdoor, as we strive to surround our employees with teammates and leaders who are respectful, compassionate, and humble above all else. While we cannot understate the impact of COVID-19 on our company and the economy at large, we are excited and exceedingly optimistic about where we are headed at this moment in time. We are focusing back on our roots, and striving to create radical transparency for job seekers now more than ever. Thanks for your contribution to Glassdoor!

3. Ask Employees™

How satisfied are you with the quality of your coworkers at Glassdoor?

Polled: Jul 2021Responses: 203 ResponsesResponses: 203Audience: All employees
    Very Satisfied 111 (55%)
    Featured Employee Response

My co-workers are incredibly smart, resourceful, and kind. On the days that I don't feel like showing up, they pull me forward. I've done some of the best work of my career because of the people around me.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 20, 2020 - SMB Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, Good pay, Great place to learn.

Cons

The product lacked innovation compared to competitors.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Sales Manager

Nov 21, 2019 - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are incredible. Amazing office culture, great company mission and vision. Tons of opportunity to learn and grow your career

Cons

Growing fast. Growing pains come with that.

6. 5.0

Great People, Great Product & Great Future

Sep 3, 2018 - Sales Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Glassdoor 2 months ago and have no regrets at all. My new colleagues have all been very welcoming, supportive and clearly know what they are doing. Not just from my own office, but this includes people throughout the organisation - from the ones I met during the onboarding process in Chicago to my colleagues based in Dublin. Being in sales, the product itself is fundamental to the pride I feel at work and whether I see a career in an organisation or not. Since joining Glassdoor I have met multiple clients from a variety of industries and the huge majority have been extremely happy with the product and service delivered. For me, this is so important and fills me with confidence in the decision I made to leave my last company and join Glassdoor. I've personally experienced working for a company during its hyper-growth stage and loved it. My job now allows me to be part of a similar journey at Glassdoor, which is so exciting. It is truly a great time to be at Glassdoor!

Cons

Obviously, when a company is growing at such a pace then you will have growing pains and certain challenges. But to be honest that is what excited me about joining Glassdoor and what keeps my job interesting. Each day brings new challenges, but if your head is in the right place and you are prepared to work hard, then the satisfaction of genuinely contributing to the success of a business outweighs any negatives.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I continue to fall deeper in love with Glassdoor everyday

Mar 12, 2015 - Sales Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working here for 3 years now, and I seriously love coming into work more and more everyday. I am confident in the direction that the company is going, I love the leadership, the ability to make an impact, and the impact that our product is making in the world! It feels like we are making a huge difference in the lives of jobseekers - and that is AWESOME.

Cons

Some growing pains - communication is getting harder, with all the new people it has been tough to navigate the org at large. I feel like there are certain things that we have to rush to finish, and then nothing happens with it! Sometimes different parts of the company are working on similar problems, but not cross referencing each other to align their goals. The pay could also be better.

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lacks Accountability to reach potential. On the brink of real success if they could bring in some real sales energy.

Feb 14, 2017 - Sales Manager in Mill Valley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, strong engineering team, intelligent people. Has the makings to be a great company.

Cons

Runs like a small company that has inexperienced sales leadership. No strategic sales leaders. They can't bring in the industry level leadership needed because they are not willing to pay the salary of what that would cost. CEO gives visionary speeches of the product, but does not hold his leaders accountable. Somehow, there has been no sales leadership change when they have drastically underperformed with no plans of how they will change that. Much of this comes from the fact that majority of them do not have the experience to lead a sales organization. In my time there, I do not recall I time where I saw a leader inspire and LEAD. Having a great product doesn't pay off if you don't have the people that know how to sell it. How can you expect these leaders to succeed when the company is much larger if they can't succeed now?

20 people found this review helpful

VP Sales

It’s unfortunate that Glassdoor ended up not being a fit for you, but we appreciate you taking the time to provide this candid feedback. This is a team that has grown considerably - in numbers and in targets. While we’re not without growing pains, we have an incredible team and continue to invest in leadership training to help support our goal to continue to promote from within.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Other side of the coin..

Feb 22, 2017 - Sales Enablement Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

2016 was not an easy year for Glassdoor or for anyone laying the foundation for this company. Growing pains have the inevitable cause and effects and some of that has made its way to reviews on our own Glassdoor page; a good reminder that we are not immune to our own solution. Part of what makes Glassdoor so unique is that we WANT to be held accountable. Leadership stands behind the transparency and accountability that are the threads throughout our mission. I call that leading from the front. I appreciate how gracefully this organization has navigated challenging times. You should be aware of the good, the bad, the ugly of an organization before dedicating a large portion of your life to them. Glassdoor allows you to do this. Hopefully the reviews you have read thus far support your decision to start, stay, or move on from this organization, and that's a good thing! It means Glassdoor is living and breathing its own vision to help people find a job and company they (truly) love. For what it's worth to the reader, I would like to share a story from the flip side of the coin. Last week we celebrated the life of a former colleague. Her father spoke of his gratitude for the people who loved her well and supported her living the last years of her life with dignity and pride. Glassdoor was among those on the receiving end of his gratitude. This entire organization, from senior leadership on down, rallied behind this colleague in the most gracious ways and without question. I don't know about you, but to me, it's not where you are but who you're with that matters. These voluntary acts of kindness represent the incredible people inside these glass doors.

Cons

Like any company or human for that matter, Glassdoor is not perfect. All you can do is use these reviews to determine if it is perfect for YOU.

19 people found this review helpful

CEO & Founder

I’m very touched by this feedback. Creating a culture where people support one another is a credit to our entire team and reflects the culture we try to live every day that is supportive and treats everyone with dignity and respect. Things may not always be easy, but it is our strong teamwork and GRIT that pulls us through. Thanks for all you do.

10. 4.0

EMEA on the Rise

Jul 27, 2018 - Sales Manager in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a very exciting time for Glassdoor Dublin, our EMEA HQ. There have been a number positive changes over the last 6 months, including a new local leadership team, new offices on Stephen's Green, and a great new attitude in the Dublin Office. Everyone feels excited about the journey we are on to Help People Find a Job in a Company they Love. Leadership is very open about the expansion plans and there is a strong sense of belief and togetherness. We understand that finding local solutions to local problems is the key to our success.

Cons

As the EMEA arm of the business, we are still reliant on our US cousins to implement requests which can add to delays in execution, which can be frustrating. Within the Sales Org, it still feels like we spend too much time dealing with Operational Issues which can restrain our growth.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Meaningful work, opportunity for professional growth & project ownership and great culture!

Jun 22, 2017 - Sales Operations Manager in Mill Valley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Meaningful, interesting projects that keep coming as long as you do a good job - Flat org with a candid exec team - Sharp, politics-free team-players - Fun culture & great benefits - Short, reverse commute from SF

Cons

- Below market rate pay - Work-life balance varies depending on which team you are on & how critical your role is, which is expected

VP, Sales Operations

Thank you for all the feedback. It means a lot to me that you find the work as meaningful as I do and appreciate the candid nature of our leadership team. When it comes to pay, we are all committed to providing a competitive compensation and rewards program to hire, retain and motivate amazing people who love working here. It’s why we go through a regular exercise, like the one just conducted a couple months ago to help make sure everyone is paid within a competitive range. I hope you feel comfortable coming to talk with me about it as I want to make sure you feel rewarded for your work at Glassdoor whether it’s through base pay, bonuses, equity, career development training, benefits and other perks.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews