Globe Life Liberty National Division Employee Reviews about "no pay"

Updated Oct 24, 2021

Found 16 of over 1,213 reviews

3.7
Globe Life Liberty National Division CEO, Agency Division Steven J. DiChiaro
Steven J. DiChiaro
Pros
  • "Liberty National is the place for you(in 70 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, everything else is to be determined(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is some driving and it's commission based(in 40 reviews)

• "Not really any accept sometimes is long hours I look as it a challenge I know it’s going to better my future(in 40 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "no pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Contractor

AWFUL

Oct 24, 2021 - Insurance Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. They use you and nothing in return

Cons

Everything. Spend your own money. Drive all over the state. For half the time no pay in return.

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and for your contributions to our team. This agent position does require a self-motivated, persistent, and sales-minded individual to succeed and isn't for everyone. With the right person, this career can be incredibly rewarding financially and professionally. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, inconsistent pay

Feb 28, 2021 - Agent/Supervising Agent in Little Rock, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers Strong support from management OPPORTUNITY to make good money.

Cons

Inconsistent pay. They only post about the huge checks, not the weeks before or after that with no pay. 100% commission can be hard when you have a family to support. Long hours, lots of travel.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you benefited from our supportive management team and positive environment while at Liberty National but disappointed it wasn't a good long-term career fit. This position does require a sales-minded individual and isn't for everyone. However, with hard work and dedication, this can be an extremely productive career financially and personally. Thank you for your contribution to our team and customers. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

3. 1.0

worst job and a scam

Feb 21, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

i honestly can’t think of any

Cons

you have absolutely no pay for months and then if your lucky to get paid at all it’s a measly 500 here and there they play games literal games as a part of training and make you tell lies and harass people to get clients

3 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry your experience was less than you expected. Every Liberty National agent is a valued part of the team and our leadership is invested in each agent’s success, personal development, and career growth. The situation you described does not reflect our management or training style and we apologize that this was your experience. We invite you to send us more agency details to feedback@libnat.com so that we can address this situation and prevent this type of experience from happening again.

4. 1.0

Former Employee view

Mar 29, 2020 - Insurance Sales Agent in Dalton, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is nothing good from this business only one living good it the owners

Cons

Commission based Bad communication Drama Lot of hours with no pay Time away from family

4 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our Liberty National agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your experience does not accurately represent Liberty National and the way we do business. We apologize if you felt you weren't given the proper support while on our team. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to feedback@libnat.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

5. 1.0

Don't do it

Aug 20, 2019 - Life Insurance Agent in Montgomery, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you make sells you get paid good

Cons

Go home weeks at a time with no pay check, pyramid scheme, they will act nice to draw you in, you work 6days a week all day, no time to be with your family

4 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. This Liberty National Agent position does require a self-motivated, persistent and sales-minded individual to succeed and isn't for everyone. With the right person, this career can be incredibly rewarding financially and professionally. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors and we thank you for your contributions during your time with Liberty National.

6. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Commission based unsure income

Feb 26, 2019 - Agent in Columbus, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, contract work, decent earning potential

Cons

Commission based job, use your own money for everything company provides nothing. Management treats a contractor like an hourly employee, tries to control your time. Prospecting takes up most of the time, and money, with no results often. No steady income, some weeks, no pay at all unless cases are steadily closed. Very difficult to get a straight answer where pay is involved. Management controls if and when you are paid, not based on effort or performance. Completely different from the way it is portrayed in the interviews, and overviews. Payment structure isn't easily understood or explained.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Agent at Columbus location.

Aug 29, 2018 - Agent in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) You have the potential to be off around 2 everyday if you wake up early and do “walkins”. Why? Because no one is interested/already have benefits. So it takes about 5 min for a walk-in unless you struck good with someone that is actually interested. 2) Pretty nice people to work with. 3) Great resume builder.

Cons

As a previous employee in Columbus let me advise you to stay away. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. 1) no pay and didn’t pay for my license. The only type of compensation I received was a 600 dollar check for about 3 weeks of studying and working. Even though the team was doing fantastic in sales. 2) training is horrible. I had a week of classroom training from a individual that was training classes for the first time ever. After the week of learning scrips they push you out in the field with barley any knowledge about the policies. 3) they have exhausted their potential customers in my area so I had to drive hours just to find places that no one had been before. With no type of gas compensation. 4) COLD leads. You call and “verify” business by asking “where they are located” “number of employees” “who is the main decision maker”. Then punch those into your route for the week and randomly walk in and try to speak with them. Good luck trying to hunt down CEOs 5) closing a business is so difficult with the requirements if their are not at least 3 people even if out get to the enrollment it doesn’t go through. The market is so saturated that EVERYONE basically has benefits unless you go to some small mechanic shop but they usually still have benefits from a spouse. 6) Also they lie in the interview process trying to tell you that you will be a supervisor instead of a agent so the position sounds more appealing. 7) the Columbus location host interviews two days every-week. If the company is doing as well as they act why don’t they focus on hiring a handful of people giving them a base pay and actually teach them instead of rolling the dice with random people every week. P.S It’s a pyramid scheme.

24 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry the Liberty National Agent position didn't meet your expectations and wish you all the best in your future career path.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

aweful!! they are scam artists

Apr 19, 2017 - Regional Sales Manager in Springfield, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

there are none! they work you like dogs and pay you nothing!

Cons

no pay- they promise you the world and deliver nothing but a bill for you to pay in the end

10 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Absolute trash place to work

Apr 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. There was nothing good about this job. A total waste of time and money.

Cons

Everything. This job is 100% commission, but they will beat around the bush with telling you that...and everything else. Depending on where you live, you will need to pay a couple hundred dollars minimum to even get started, and expect to be in training (aka getting licensed [surprise, out of your own money] and memorizing a script) for at least a month with no pay. They also want you to drive there just so you can sit in a room and attempt to memorize things while other people talk around you. You will be cold calling people, and are expected to lie on the phone to potential clients. You have to call businesses you're going in to, and ask them a few questions (location, # of employees, and who is in charge [the person you're trying to get to]). But when they ask who it is that's calling, you're to say "infogroup usa." Yep. Straight up lie to your potential clients. After that, you get to walk into a bunch of businesses driving your own car, wasting gas that you won't get paid for. Hours and hours on end just to HOPE for a closed case because that, and enrollments are the ONLY way to make money, and if you don't do either, well. Have fun having no money. After a month of working here with no pay, they told me I would receive a check for going to an enrollment. Running low on money, I told them I could not continue and the manager said to me "you do realize you'll be getting a check next week right?" And I said that I didn't realize, but that I still would need to leave because I didn't have the money even with that check (because it would only be about $400.) so then next week comes, I return my binders, and suddenly, I'm not getting a check anymore because I decided to leave. Literally lied to my face and then tried to make it out like as if I was the problem in the situation by saying I didn't do my job even though, I was told I was going to be paid AFTER I had already done the job. Oh and if you're a business owner, they will annoy the crap out of you until you agree. Because after all, they are sales people. So if you enjoy jobs that don't tell you the whole truth, you like getting yelled at by business owners and people on the phone to leave them alone, you LOVE making ZERO money, and you like to waste money and gas on a sales job just praying to have enough for rent, this is the job for you! Also, if you're trying to buy a house, expect to wait two years because you won't be allowed to until after two years of proving you can make enough to pay for it. Avoid this job at all costs.

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run and don't look back...Unless you have very thick skin and $ saved up to use while waiting to make $.

Jan 11, 2017 - Insurance Sales Agent in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible schedule (for the most part). - Can make money (eventually). - No experience necessary. - If you don't have to have a steady pay check then it's a good opportunity, just don't work for the Memphis-Lynnfield location because you will be stressed out, in debt or would have ran through your savings when you leave; they act like they have you on payroll, when they don't. - LNL is a good company overall, with a lot of cool reps, but I should have listened to the review on here about the overall sales rep. positions because they tried to warn me, but I got wrapped in a the lies. - They will train you and allow you to use their printer and office equipment at no charge

Cons

- They are liars, from start to finish, so please, don't fall for it, like I did or you will see for yourself want I'm talking about when you start. - Its a whole lot of work with Little to No pay most weeks. You may have to travel to other towns to make a few bucks, but it's usually only enough to cover gas and food, or pay on a bill. - They force you to recruit, train others, and come into the office but don't pay you anything. - You must attend insurance class and get your insurance license and background check all at your own expense (not unusual) but there are some companies who will pay you get become licensed and also offer base salaries but not this one. - Only a few people have success working as a sales rep because those few people take your leads when you leave and that's how they get paid, by sticking around while they wait for their leads/clients to come through and it's door to door (they're going to try to convince you that's it's not, but trust me, it is) and when they say they have leads, it's a lie...the only real leads/ clients are the ones you go out and get yourself, which probably won't be valuable to you until months or years later (and I'm not kidding).

16 people found this review helpful