GoDaddy Customer Development Team Reviews

4.6
GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani
Aman Bhutani
1 Rating
  1. "GoDaddy has been amazing"

Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture and training are both top notch. Not only that, but everyone on my team is competitive, fun and positive.

Cons

I have not found one yet.

May 19, 2020Team GoDaddy People Operations

You wouldn't believe how hard our Learning and Development team works to make sure our training is exactly what our employees need to feel confident in their work! We're very happy to hear that you are benefitting from their programs.

"Customer Care Consultant"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If your looking for a company that compensates you based on your efforts, this is the company for you. Prior to applying or accepting a position with Godaddy, understand that caring for your customers is a first priority, but this IS a sales position. There is an abundance of resources and people to help you fulfill your job duties efficiently, but YOU must take it upon yourself to learn it and apply it on every call. It will be a challenge, but the job is not difficult if you are willing to step and stay outside of your comfort zone. Once you developed good work habits, the rewards will come pouring in, not only for you and your family but for your customers as well.

Cons

No cons!!!! I had great success at Godaddy due to my willingness to push. Godaddy is going to be one of the best or worse companies you've ever worked for, that decision is YOURS. If you truly want success at GD follow these 3 simple rules. 1. Be open about your goals. 2. never stop learning and applying 3. challenge yourself daily. If you do those 3 things you will have no regrets.

April 18, 2016

Thank you for your great feedback! Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review!

3. "Lost values"

2.0
    Customer Development Team

I worked at GoDaddy for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are young and want to learn the industry as well as make some coin great company.

Cons

Management is subpar and pay has steady decreased yearly

"A company that's takes care of it's employees... For the most part."

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, company paid medical, low cost dental and eye coverage. $2 lunches, and the food wasn't bad for the most part. Holiday party was insane. Company gave out at hundreds of thousands of dollars to their employees. Cool contests to keep you motivated. Football tickets, shopping sprees, and vehicle giveaways to name a few. Opportunity to make really good money. Some reps making over $100K a year. Most managers were pretty cool, mine was amazing, best supervisor I've ever had. Too bad he doesn't want to move any higher because he doesn't want to babysit.

Cons

Worst time-off policy I've ever seen. Need a vacation day? Good luck getting one two months out. Need a three day weekend? That's a laughable thought. Getting time off is like pulling teeth. Monotonous work, pissed off customers calling about their horrible email service. If you don't like phones or like being chained to your desk, this is not the job for you. But the more you're at your desk, the more money you will make. The two go hand in hand.

"Not human"

1.0

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only Pro is the benefits are really good. And if you like being on the phones all day long with no breaks and no time to breathe this is the perfect job for you.

Cons

If you don't have sick time you will be fired no matter what the circumstances. If there's an emergency and you don't have sick time you're fired and they only give you 1 .84 hours of sick time every two weeks so in less a month you've only accumulated less than 4 hours. Most people are sick for a couple days and then you have no time left for any emergencies. The management staff is horrible after you get out of training there is no training there's no improvement. Anytime I would ask my manager for help she would just give me an attitude and tell me to figure it out myself. The commission structure changes constantly and they try and figure out any way not to make you money and because behind on their budget for the year they've decided to raise goals on unfairly so they don't have to pay out Commission. Don't waste your time.

January 4, 2017Sr. Mgr CDT

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves on having an incredible benefits program that not only includes great medical, dental, vision, etc., but also a focus on living a balanced and healthy life. At GoDaddy we value the importance of time away from work. We offer a generous time off plan where in the first year you can accrue 15 days of vacation, 2 personal days and 5 sick days. Due to the needs of our customers we ask that you plan ahead for the time off 7 days in advance. We understand that emergencies arise. In these situations if you have personal or sick time available you can use as needed with no write ups or disciplinary consequences. If you have an ongoing medical condition you are also protected under the FMLA act. From a compensation standpoint, we are always keeping an eye on our various compensation structures. We benchmark against the industries and want to have a comp plan that helps us to attract and retain the very best talent around. At the end of the day we always strive to make the best decisions for our customers, our employees and the company as a whole.

"Very robotic work environment and management treats you like an animal"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn a lot of useful information to start your own business online. Training class is good and very informative. Coworkers are nice. People are excited in the beginning..

Cons

The turnover rate here is insane and GoDaddy should be embarrassed by that. They treat their workers like its a sweatshop and you're completely micro managed. You only get a "half hour" for lunch and two 15 minute breaks, better eat quick because you can't be a minute late, oh no! Everyone in training class looked so happy until about 2 months in you see they looked like they got the life sucked out of them. GoDaddy rated one of the best places to work at? Exactly who took that survey because no one knows an employee that did. You can be a top producer in sales and get run over by a car and Go Daddy would act careless and still fire you for going over PTO by 1 hour. Very robotic and inhumane work environment. Enough said.

August 1, 2016

Regarding your posting "Very robotic work environment and management treats you like an animal." We are always seeking feedback, and respect the opinions of past, present, and future employees. Here at GoDaddy we provide all of our employees (2)15 minute breaks and a choice between an hour lunch or 30 minute lunch, leadership consistently stresses the importance of taking this time that is allocated to help prevent getting "burnt out". In addition to our breaks and lunches, at GoDaddy we value the importance of time away from work as well. We offer a generous time off plan where in the first year you can accrue 15 days of vacation, 2 personal days and 5 sick days. One of our core values is to Be Extraordinary and it’s a requirement throughout our culture. When you have a mission to help 13 million customers around the world easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures -- there is something bigger than ourselves in that mission. It’s work worth doing but it’s not for everyone. Sometimes, the realities of a role and how someone pictures that role do not match. If anyone on our team finds themselves in a role that they don’t enjoy, we encourage them to work fearlessly and speak up. From there, we coach to help them realize their potential or help them find a role more suited to their interests.

"Amazing benefits and atmosphere"

Current Employee - Customer Development Team

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GoDaddy has a great benefits package including a lot of vacation time and great healthcare. The atmosphere is very fun and energetic.

Cons

Working on the phones can be very draining and if you are good at sales it will be a pay cut to promote into a leadership role. It has changed a lot in recent years and seems like the amount of micro management is going up.

Continue reading

"It was great a couple years ago"

Customer Development Team in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy for more than a year

Pros

Fun - fast paced - loads of money potential. Casual Dress code. Decent benefit. The culture used to be AWESOME. It's slowly died down with the new CEO.

Cons

Stay away from here until they're done being weird about going public. They were the coolest place to work. NOW however people get fired for petty formalities. I got let go even though I was top 5% in sales. They added a lot of small requirements and didn't make them apparent. I got let go because I didn't call my direct supervisor when I was 9 minutes late. 2 years down the drain.

Continue reading

"Interesting place to work"

4.0

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The starting pay was good for the time , but i believe itr may have been lowered since i worked there. Good benefits. Hiring process may be a bit awkward with multiple tests include a skill and some sort of standardized hiring test, but i understand its fairly easy to pass. Holiday parties are huge and usually a fun time, plenty of vacation and

Cons

When i was hired I was told it was for tech support and once i was a week in it was clear it was sales based, so just be aware. you will be given enough time to pick up the swing of things but if you really don't want to do sales then any of the entry level positions aren't for you. requirements and procedures used to constantly change, but with new investors things may have changed

10. "Freedom to grow"

Customer Development Team in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy for more than a year

Pros

Their is constantly change and you can grow in any direction you want, leadership will always support you and lead you in the right direction.

Cons

I wish there was more times when sr management would come by to say hi, it motivates and keeps the energy high

April 21, 2016

Based upon powerful feedback received from our employees like yourself, across the company we have rolled out a career path strategy that outlines the certifications, knowledge and traits needed to move to other roles in the company. This feedback is valued and we will use this to make our company better as we strive to continually, make our customers and employees feel valued, they come first, plain and simple.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews