Goodstart Early Learning Assistant Educator Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Julia Davison

"Not Flexible"

Current Employee - Education Assistant in Brisbane

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to transfer from one centre to another centre

Cons

Directors are so much in workload and they don't have time to listen to the staffs. They are not approachable and bully other staffs.

Advice to Management

Find the right people in the right positions

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-05

January 16, 2019Corporate Affairs

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback - and sorry to hear that you didn't get the level of support you expected. We care deeply about our people and expect our people leaders to provide guidance, encouragement and support to their team. If you are not getting ...

"Assistant"

Former Employee - Assistant Educator

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Above award wages Staff child care discount Some staff were great to work with Apprenticeship opportunities

Cons

Toxic work environment. Management bully staff Costantly having to work back due to poor rostering Management harrasing staff when they are sick or have sick children Lack of resources for children Favouritism of certain staff members Cristicised constinuously and no support to do better

Advice to Management

Actually hire people who can efficiently manage these centres. Yes someone can have 20 years experience in child care but doesn’t mean they have the people skills to be in charge of a centre . Management actually spend a day or even a week on the floor and see what we are dealing with.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-12-10

January 16, 2019Corporate Affairs

Thanks for your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We take these matters seriously and would be happy to talk them through with you. If you would like to reach out, please call us on 1800 890 933 or email: people@goodstart.org.au

"Unprofessional, Bullying , Toxic work environment"

Current Employee - Assistant Educator in Bondi
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy caring for children and staying connected with families, I enjoy the daily work including the paper work even though it can be a lot. I enjoy the camaraderie that I have with a handful of professional educators.

Cons

A handful of very unprofessional educators that have created the negative environment filled with gossiping, rumours and lies.

Advice to Management

- Open your eyes to what is within your work environment. Be aware of what is going in instead of just sitting in your office. Get on the floor sometimes, you might learn a thing or 2. - During the induction process ensure that it is being told that there is zero tolerance towards bullying, gossiping and telling lies. - Follow through the anti- bullying disciplinary action with the perpetrators - Ensure that... parties involved are accountable for the negativity they have created. - Do not be afraid to call a meeting an address the issue in front of all staff. That is the only way to make people accountable for their actions and to nip it in the bud.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-30

January 16, 2019Corporate Affairs

We take the issue of bullying very seriously - so firstly, thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. While we appreciate you may wish to remain anonymous, if you would like to talk these issues through with us, please call on 1800 890 933 or email: people@goodstart.org.au.

Found 3 reviews