Goodstart Early Learning Education Lead Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Julia Davison

"TOXIC, BULLYING CULTURE"

Former Employee - Lead Educator in Brisbane

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are none, bar some lovely kids & families.

Cons

Cliques, heavy workload, inconsistent treatment of staff, inconsistent everything from Centre to Centre. This place has every con you can think of & then some. Calls to work when you are still unwell & not cleared to work. Incredibly soul destroying & unprofessional when one passes the office & hears a group of woman & 2IC gossiping in that nasty way only a group of "favorite & safe" woman can do. Hard to believe... that every Center has different policies (?)., most certainly different procedures. Log on for work early & stay back, but try to get paid for it! Get called in - only to be sent home after 40 mins & a lot of kids away, so sent home - & only paid for that (usually 30 mins due to time increments). Open at one Center then on lunch break drive to another centre (so NO lunch & few $). Given warnings for unfounded accusations (by who?) Why a huge Company (with Head Office having a Manager for every single on-trend area ie: People & Culture, Talent acquisition, & a lot more nonsensical jobs that seem to overlap on top $) with predominantly woman working closely together - where is the Manager for Floor (& the Company's most valuable assets) Staff to workshop regularly in how to support, mentor, encourage & lead by example & some kindness would be gratefully received -rather than gossip then run to their Director (whose so inconsistent with who, what & why & often gossipy herself), many other Educators don't get either. Ive watched with horror as Nursery babies cry for hours but "don't you dare go in & pat. They have to learn from day 1 - they self soothe". Where their is collusion & cover ups & outright lies, how much other dirty laundry is there? This Company makes me physically sick when I think of how myself (& I suspect others) have been mistreated. I have been witness to some shocking treatment of great Educators - all the " old girls" band together. Truth & integrity don't count. Only the exact number of Educators at any given time to cover ratios - then "you can go home now". Lastly - some Centre allow you to take your 10 min breaks, others tell you straight up " we don't do that here" & guilt you if you take your entitlement. What ARE all those millions of Managers doing to bring about some positive change. For Gods sake - working with children should be a gift & joyful - not a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Jokes right? Like management gives a toss about staff well-being, give advice at your own peril. How many managers can one Company have & still get it so wrong?

Goodstart Early Learning2017-08-30

Goodstart Early Learning Response

September 6, 2017Corporate Affairs

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take the issues you’ve raised very seriously. While we appreciate you may wish to remain anonymous, if you would like to talk more about it, please call us on 1800 890 933 or email: people@goodstart.org.au

"Chain of poor Centres - NOT RECOMMENDED. Reduce your work at non- peak times I've: Christmas"

Current Employee - Lead Educator in East Brisbane

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time

Pros

No good reason to work there, unless you are lazy & a good liar.

Cons

Not a good word to say. Badly trained staff, just as bad Directors - usually stressing OR completely uncaring. Staff who rarely do chores, sunscreen Children, toilet properly, soothe to sleep - too many faults to mention. The "popular staff" seem to be the laziest & some how get away with doing the bare minimum all day. Some staff hardly in room all day.

Advice to Management

Get down on the floor. LISTEN to your staff. These are ALL WOMAN - do group work with them. It's a TOUGH JOB if you are doing it properly. Use incentives. Make them feel special on occasions. Even human would do!

Goodstart Early Learning2016-01-23