Goodstart Early Learning Educator Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Julia Davison

"Not Flexible"

Current Employee - Education Assistant in Brisbane

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to transfer from one centre to another centre

Cons

Directors are so much in workload and they don't have time to listen to the staffs. They are not approachable and bully other staffs.

Advice to Management

Find the right people in the right positions

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-05

"Assistant"

Former Employee - Assistant Educator

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Above award wages Staff child care discount Some staff were great to work with Apprenticeship opportunities

Cons

Toxic work environment. Management bully staff Costantly having to work back due to poor rostering Management harrasing staff when they are sick or have sick children Lack of resources for children Favouritism of certain staff members Cristicised constinuously and no support to do better

Advice to Management

Actually hire people who can efficiently manage these centres. Yes someone can have 20 years experience in child care but doesn’t mean they have the people skills to be in charge of a centre . Management actually spend a day or even a week on the floor and see what we are dealing with.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-12-10

"Unprofessional, Bullying , Toxic work environment"

Current Employee - Assistant Educator in Bondi

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy caring for children and staying connected with families, I enjoy the daily work including the paper work even though it can be a lot. I enjoy the camaraderie that I have with a handful of professional educators.

Cons

A handful of very unprofessional educators that have created the negative environment filled with gossiping, rumours and lies.

Advice to Management

- Open your eyes to what is within your work environment. Be aware of what is going in instead of just sitting in your office. Get on the floor sometimes, you might learn a thing or 2. - During the induction process ensure that it is being told that there is zero tolerance towards bullying, gossiping and telling lies. - Follow through the anti- bullying disciplinary action with the perpetrators - Ensure that... parties involved are accountable for the negativity they have created. - Do not be afraid to call a meeting an address the issue in front of all staff. That is the only way to make people accountable for their actions and to nip it in the bud.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-30

"Disappointing 🤯"

Current Employee - Educational Leader in West Melbourne

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relationships built with the children and families.

Cons

Built beautiful relationships with the staff in this certain centre. After a few years, had a big change in staffing and environment, now the environment isnt so joyful to come to, a few toxic personalities makes it very hard to spend 5 days 37.5 hours a week in, bullying is high in most centres ive been to as this is evident through the reviews on here as well as if you walk into any of the centres, it is female... dominant so it is highly expected, it would be great to have a few male teachers and directors within the environment to balance out the aura as the atmosphere itself can be intense with so many females. Used to be inspired to inspire educators as dedication and aspirations have gone out the door. Too many expectations with little help to improve quality programs within the centre. Encouraged to attend meetings, conferences and workshops but bombarded with too much work and no pay raises but very high expectations oh and the paper work! . Doesnt make sense to put extra duties but not to pay the educators and teachers extra, mind you we are also apparently cleaners too, constantly cleaning, doing the laundry, sweeping yards, taking out rubbish bins because goodstart cant afford to pay the professional cleaners to take out the bins, mopping the floors, wiping down surfaces, wiping windows, cleaning the childrens bathrooms because theres urine all over the floor, cleaning ALL the toys because the chn LOVE placing toys into their mouths and we need to ensure we stop the spread of infections and diseases/sicknesses, changing experiences, observe chns play, build great quality relationships with the chn through our interactions, feed them, cuddle them, change their diapers, wipe their noses and on top of all that folks, we need to ensure individual observations are completed, daily reflections are completed, program reflections, critical reflections and personal reflections are done!, we are interacting with the children and finding ways to extend their learning/play/development, changing experiences around, making sure the paper work is also completed such as playground checks, sunscreen checks, routines are checked oh and you also got to deal with the attitudes you get from both chn and educators .. all of this on a daily basis. Have been told if you work over your 37.5 or 38max that you will be owed it the week after n sent home early( in my entire work life as a teenager/adult the hours ive worked i have always been paid for until i begun working for this company). Ratio to children is obviously out of our control as its part of the NQS although it can be annoying when you are over ratio and theres nothing you can do besides try your best to juggle if its over 3s 12 or 13chn on your own and if its under 3s you may have 5 or 6 on your own as staff tend to call in sick frequently and is not replaced. Crazy right. Yup and thats how accidents start and they wonder why.. oh not to mention we have no benefits..you get back pain as well dont foget that but no benefits with massage discounts or physiotherapy discounts no care for our health n wellbeing what so ever... i could go on but i may make a novel out of it.... to end the cons all i can say is.... have respect for earlychildhood educators and teachers as a lot of people have no clue what our day is like. We get told we dont need a pay rise... in our eyes we feel we deserve it.

Advice to Management

If only you knew what it is like to live and breathe our role you will understand.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-10

"Casual staff"

Current Freelancer - Educator in Werribee, Victoria

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning for more than a year

Pros

The children and most families are great.

Cons

A new system called Relief Ruler was introduced to bring about fairness in giving out shifts to casual staff. Instead its being abused by center directors and staff to give shifts to particular staff. Shifts are given before being advertised on relief ruler and once advertised the shift is already taken. I've witnessed this happen and was appalled.

Advice to Management

Conduct surveys on staff including casuals on how the centers are run. Please don't ignore casual staff as we may act as monitors in centers and report anything going against the organization's policies and procedures. All casuals follow the guidelines set out by goodstart but have been harrassed and intimidated by permanent staff for being proffessional. Please consider casual staff as an asset to Goodstart. I... believe this will change the culture at all centers which is currently unwelcoming and unfriendly.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-10-28

"Want to make a difference but can't"

Current Employee - Educator in Adelaide

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The children and parents and SOME coworkers

Cons

Too much favourtism, gossip, lies, unfounded allegations, if someone doesn't like you they will cause trouble for you all the time, management doesn't care about you. Profit comes first. If you are given a new shift (you are just given it without any discussion) and it doesn't suit then you are told to just leave. I get disheartened when I am treated badly like this, always couldn't wait to get to work but was... slowly ground down. Went from full of energy and excitement to depression.

Advice to Management

They don't listen anyway

Goodstart Early Learning2018-10-19
  7. "Senior Educator"

Current Employee - Senior Educator in Sydney

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great philosophy in terms of children's learning and families.

Cons

Work life balance is hard because of long shifts with one hour unpaid break.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-08-18

"TOXIC, BULLYING CULTURE"

Former Employee - Lead Educator in Brisbane

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are none, bar some lovely kids & families.

Cons

Cliques, heavy workload, inconsistent treatment of staff, inconsistent everything from Centre to Centre. This place has every con you can think of & then some. Calls to work when you are still unwell & not cleared to work. Incredibly soul destroying & unprofessional when one passes the office & hears a group of woman & 2IC gossiping in that nasty way only a group of "favorite & safe" woman can do. Hard to believe... that every Center has different policies (?)., most certainly different procedures. Log on for work early & stay back, but try to get paid for it! Get called in - only to be sent home after 40 mins & a lot of kids away, so sent home - & only paid for that (usually 30 mins due to time increments). Open at one Center then on lunch break drive to another centre (so NO lunch & few $). Given warnings for unfounded accusations (by who?) Why a huge Company (with Head Office having a Manager for every single on-trend area ie: People & Culture, Talent acquisition, & a lot more nonsensical jobs that seem to overlap on top $) with predominantly woman working closely together - where is the Manager for Floor (& the Company's most valuable assets) Staff to workshop regularly in how to support, mentor, encourage & lead by example & some kindness would be gratefully received -rather than gossip then run to their Director (whose so inconsistent with who, what & why & often gossipy herself), many other Educators don't get either. Ive watched with horror as Nursery babies cry for hours but "don't you dare go in & pat. They have to learn from day 1 - they self soothe". Where their is collusion & cover ups & outright lies, how much other dirty laundry is there? This Company makes me physically sick when I think of how myself (& I suspect others) have been mistreated. I have been witness to some shocking treatment of great Educators - all the " old girls" band together. Truth & integrity don't count. Only the exact number of Educators at any given time to cover ratios - then "you can go home now". Lastly - some Centre allow you to take your 10 min breaks, others tell you straight up " we don't do that here" & guilt you if you take your entitlement. What ARE all those millions of Managers doing to bring about some positive change. For Gods sake - working with children should be a gift & joyful - not a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Jokes right? Like management gives a toss about staff well-being, give advice at your own peril. How many managers can one Company have & still get it so wrong?

Goodstart Early Learning2017-08-30

"Good"

Current Employee - Educator in Muswellbrook

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company to work for, average pay, a lot is based on your director and your input

Cons

Workload often heavy, unappreciated by clientele and often management

Advice to Management

Treat your workers with respect and they will come back. We're not all directors and do not receive your training alongside you, treat us as much

Goodstart Early Learning2017-03-29
  10. "Fantastic Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Nursery Educator in Gunnedah

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

constant staff training/self-improvement opportunities, Frequent seminars available to staff. strong community involvement. great director. Wonderful and diverse group of ladies to work with.

Cons

Can be tricky fitting in the required 10min breaks during shifts (only due to room routines which would be the same everywhere). Sometimes struggle to get through the required amount paperwork.

Advice to Management

Give yourself a holiday... you deserve it!

Goodstart Early Learning2016-03-30