Goodstart Early Learning Director Children's Centre Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 8 Jul 2019

Found 62 reviews

Goodstart Early Learning CEO Julia Davison
Julia Davison
  1. "Good friendly environment"

Current Employee - IT Consultant

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good friendly, relax and supportive environment

Cons

The salary is quite on the low end

Goodstart Early Learning2019-07-08
  2. "Brilliant"

Current Employee - Educator in Sydney

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training and working all in one. Fantastic support and beautiful locations to work at

Cons

None that I can think of

Goodstart Early Learning2019-07-06
  3. "My experience"

Former Employee - Educator in Caroline
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work to be in

Cons

Ok staff to work with

Goodstart Early Learning2019-07-02
  4. "Great Organisations to be involved with"

Former Employee - Director Children's Centre in Melbourne

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love their Guiding principals and the work they do in Inclusion Support Area for Vulnerable Children and Families. They also provide great professional development to Educators.

Cons

every one needs to be acknowledge for the hard work that we do and put in to above a beyond our job requirements

Advice to Management

try to find out more about each service and when visiting please make it a priority to go say Hi to all the Educators working on the floor.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-06-14

"A organisation that destroys innocent people"

Former Employee - Educator in Brisbane

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the children, some centres are great. Payment good. Policies and Key Educator great.

Cons

Biased people, injust and unfair, directly unlawful investigation of matters that are reported to management. Making decision of serious misconduct based on probability, ignoring evidence and takes sides without appropriate investigation. The result is destroying innocent people's lives. The organisation and investigation report and process omits information provided by both parties in disputes.

Advice to Management

If management continues to ignore information provided by people, in regards to breach of zero harm policies, Goodstart Early Learning will continue with a bad reputiation. Before I accepted employment with Goodstart Early Learning, I have stayed away, as I had very bad experience from my practical placement. However, when sent an email encouraging me to apply for work with Goodstart Early Learning, I was willing to...

Goodstart Early Learning2019-06-21

"Toxic finger pointing culture with exhausted staff"

Former Employee - Head Office in Brisbane
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Discounted childcare and office is out of the city.

Cons

It’s a high pressure environment when there is little need for the drama. Projects fail to deliver due to silo’ed work cultures and little desire for collaboration between the teams even though there’s lip service to the good future way of working together unless We sent irrelevant tasks to centres to do because of the latest management trends someone heard about at a conference. People stay and get their childcare discount...

Advice to Management

I don’t think they care.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-07-08
  7. "Absolutely fantastic to work for"

Current Employee - Enrolment Support

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Goodstart are incredible to work for. The have been very supportive across the two roles I've had with them and work hard to keep their staff happy and provide them with new opportunities internally

Cons

occasional sudden management changes can sometiems cause issues but they always have someone ready to step up

Goodstart Early Learning2019-05-23

"Beautiful community"

Former Employee - Early Childhood Educator

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time

Pros

The community at Goodstart is so great as at most childcare centres the staff are so supportive and lovely and there is lots of support for training and career progression available to staff from the management

Cons

Some financial aspects sit uncomfortably with me, the directors don't always seem to understand the needs of the rooms or the staff. There is often a feeling that our director won't stand up for us, so we need to protect eachother

Advice to Management

This is something that is quite common in the industry I think there has to be a big systemic change to fix these things

Goodstart Early Learning2019-02-01

February 4, 2019National Lead Employee Experience

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We think our Goodstart community is pretty special too. It is tricky to balance all the needs in a centre and we're working on ensuring our centre directors have the skills and resources to achieve that balance for their teams, ...

"Would 100% recommend"

Current Employee - Educator

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team - professional culture of support, heaps of employee benefits - motel/ flight discounts, fee discounts, cheap health insurance etc, flexible working hours, lots of mentoring and opportunities for professional development or career progression and above ward wages

Cons

Goodstart expects highly committed, dedicated educators who genuinely love working with children. If your just in for a clock in, clock out job this company is not for you.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-01-10

January 16, 2019Corporate Affairs

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Our educators do an amazing job and it does takes loads of energy and commitment. Our customers (70,000+ children) expect no less! We really appreciate your commitment.

10. "Working for purpose, not profit."

Current Employee - People & Culture in Brisbane

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great feeling that we're making a real difference together. Amazing group of people from all kinds of backgrounds and disciplines, with everyone happy to share expertise and focus on the end goal - better lives for children.

Cons

There is always a lot going on. The workload on everyone is big, but so are the rewards. Can be a bit bureaucratic and complex to get stuff done.

Advice to Management

There's no shortage of great ideas about how we can have an even bigger impact for our children and families - we might get more traction if we focus on just a few at a time.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-01-17

February 4, 2019National Lead Employee Experience

Thanks for your review. Working for purpose is what brings us together. We all want the best possible outcomes for children and we're working hard to make it easier to focus where it matters most. Thanks for everything you do.

Found 62 reviews