Goodstart Early Learning Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 66 reviews

3.2
Goodstart Early Learning CEO Julia Davison
Julia Davison

"Goodstart West Street - Horrible place to work in"

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time

Pros

Great children, families and colleagues

Cons

A place full of bullying, discrimination and favouritism

Advice to Management

Would be great having random meeting with the staff in different centres

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-13

Goodstart Early Learning Response

February 4, 2019National Lead Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and sorry to hear that some aspects of your time with us were not so great. While we appreciate you may wish to remain anonymous, if you would like to talk more about it, please call us on 1800 890 933 or email : people@goodstart.org.au.

"Disappointing 🤯"

Current Employee - Educational Leader in West Melbourne

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relationships built with the children and families.

Cons

Built beautiful relationships with the staff in this certain centre. After a few years, had a big change in staffing and environment, now the environment isnt so joyful to come to, a few toxic personalities makes it very hard to spend 5 days 37.5 hours a week in, bullying is high in most centres ive been to as this is evident through the reviews on here as well as if you walk into any of the centres, it is female... dominant so it is highly expected, it would be great to have a few male teachers and directors within the environment to balance out the aura as the atmosphere itself can be intense with so many females. Used to be inspired to inspire educators as dedication and aspirations have gone out the door. Too many expectations with little help to improve quality programs within the centre. Encouraged to attend meetings, conferences and workshops but bombarded with too much work and no pay raises but very high expectations oh and the paper work! . Doesnt make sense to put extra duties but not to pay the educators and teachers extra, mind you we are also apparently cleaners too, constantly cleaning, doing the laundry, sweeping yards, taking out rubbish bins because goodstart cant afford to pay the professional cleaners to take out the bins, mopping the floors, wiping down surfaces, wiping windows, cleaning the childrens bathrooms because theres urine all over the floor, cleaning ALL the toys because the chn LOVE placing toys into their mouths and we need to ensure we stop the spread of infections and diseases/sicknesses, changing experiences, observe chns play, build great quality relationships with the chn through our interactions, feed them, cuddle them, change their diapers, wipe their noses and on top of all that folks, we need to ensure individual observations are completed, daily reflections are completed, program reflections, critical reflections and personal reflections are done!, we are interacting with the children and finding ways to extend their learning/play/development, changing experiences around, making sure the paper work is also completed such as playground checks, sunscreen checks, routines are checked oh and you also got to deal with the attitudes you get from both chn and educators .. all of this on a daily basis. Have been told if you work over your 37.5 or 38max that you will be owed it the week after n sent home early( in my entire work life as a teenager/adult the hours ive worked i have always been paid for until i begun working for this company). Ratio to children is obviously out of our control as its part of the NQS although it can be annoying when you are over ratio and theres nothing you can do besides try your best to juggle if its over 3s 12 or 13chn on your own and if its under 3s you may have 5 or 6 on your own as staff tend to call in sick frequently and is not replaced. Crazy right. Yup and thats how accidents start and they wonder why.. oh not to mention we have no benefits..you get back pain as well dont foget that but no benefits with massage discounts or physiotherapy discounts no care for our health n wellbeing what so ever... i could go on but i may make a novel out of it.... to end the cons all i can say is.... have respect for earlychildhood educators and teachers as a lot of people have no clue what our day is like. We get told we dont need a pay rise... in our eyes we feel we deserve it.

Advice to Management

If only you knew what it is like to live and breathe our role you will understand.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-10

Goodstart Early Learning Response

February 4, 2019National Lead Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback - and sorry to hear that you had a mixed experience with us. Early Learning is a highly regulated industry and there are a lot of requirements we need to meet by law, including recording children's learning and maintaining ...

3. "Casual"

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time

Pros

Flexible pay is decent

Cons

Work not garinteed and can get some really short shifts that don’t work for everyone

Advice to Management

Ensure you tell casual employees when you have put them on the roster.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-10-05

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Director Children's Centre

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

The children and the families

Cons

Bullying culture Profit oriented Management get cars, phones and laptops while staff scramble for supplies Won't hire extra staff so staff need to work past shift times No support at all

Advice to Management

Maybe you should rethink your organization. I still have nightmares thanks to your people.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-02

"Want to make a difference but can't"

Current Employee - Educator in Adelaide

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The children and parents and SOME coworkers

Cons

Too much favourtism, gossip, lies, unfounded allegations, if someone doesn't like you they will cause trouble for you all the time, management doesn't care about you. Profit comes first. If you are given a new shift (you are just given it without any discussion) and it doesn't suit then you are told to just leave. I get disheartened when I am treated badly like this, always couldn't wait to get to work but was... slowly ground down. Went from full of energy and excitement to depression.

Advice to Management

They don't listen anyway

Goodstart Early Learning2018-10-19

"assistant"

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time

Pros

room to transfer from centre to centre Very structured

Cons

People get away with too much

Advice to Management

Talk to your team, make sure you're all on the same page

Goodstart Early Learning2018-09-13
  7. "Senior Educator"

Current Employee - Senior Educator in Sydney

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great philosophy in terms of children's learning and families.

Cons

Work life balance is hard because of long shifts with one hour unpaid break.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-08-18

"Senior Educator"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly environment with care for children

Cons

Low pay and rare financial growth

Goodstart Early Learning2018-08-01

"Educator"

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time

Pros

Not much some staff where nice

Cons

Not good pay packet, director not very nice 2ic also not very nice

Advice to Management

Get some people skills and also treat all staff the same as where I was unless u where friends with the director u where nothing

Goodstart Early Learning2018-06-08
  10. "Education is Key"

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time

Pros

Above award wages, great Professional Development opportunities, flexible working conditions

Cons

Some processes are too long

Goodstart Early Learning2018-05-17