Goodstart Early Learning "educators" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Goodstart Early Learning Employee Reviews about "educators"

Updated Aug 24, 2019

Found 66 reviews

3.2
Goodstart Early Learning CEO Julia Davison
Julia Davison
Pros
  • "They also provide great professional development to Educators(in 8 reviews)

• "Loved the children, some centres are great(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have worked at all three centres in Melton and not one offers high quality early learning and it all filters down from management(in 8 reviews)

• "And that people in office are counted towards ratios(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "educators"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Organisations to be involved with"

Former Employee - Director Children's Centre in Melbourne

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love their Guiding principals and the work they do in Inclusion Support Area for Vulnerable Children and Families. They also provide great professional development to Educators.

Cons

every one needs to be acknowledge for the hard work that we do and put in to above a beyond our job requirements

Advice to Management

try to find out more about each service and when visiting please make it a priority to go say Hi to all the Educators working on the floor.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-06-14

"A organisation that destroys innocent people"

Former Employee - Educator in Brisbane

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the children, some centres are great. Payment good. Policies and Key Educator great.

Cons

Biased people, injust and unfair, directly unlawful investigation of matters that are reported to management. Making decision of serious misconduct based on probability, ignoring evidence and takes sides without appropriate investigation. The result is destroying innocent people's lives. The organisation and investigation report and process omits information provided by both parties in disputes.

Advice to Management

If management continues to ignore information provided by people, in regards to breach of zero harm policies, Goodstart Early Learning will continue with a bad reputiation. Before I accepted employment with Goodstart Early Learning, I have stayed away, as I had very bad experience from my practical placement. However, when sent an email encouraging me to apply for work with Goodstart Early Learning, I was willing... to believe that it could be different. Now, more than a year and a half after accepting employment with Goodstart Early Learning, casual, which lead to permanent, I know that the aim was always to destroy my life, rather than employing a dedicated, committed and caring educator.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-06-21

"Unprofessional, Bullying , Toxic work environment"

Current Employee - Assistant Educator in Bondi
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy caring for children and staying connected with families, I enjoy the daily work including the paper work even though it can be a lot. I enjoy the camaraderie that I have with a handful of professional educators.

Cons

A handful of very unprofessional educators that have created the negative environment filled with gossiping, rumours and lies.

Advice to Management

- Open your eyes to what is within your work environment. Be aware of what is going in instead of just sitting in your office. Get on the floor sometimes, you might learn a thing or 2. - During the induction process ensure that it is being told that there is zero tolerance towards bullying, gossiping and telling lies. - Follow through the anti- bullying disciplinary action with the perpetrators - Ensure that... parties involved are accountable for the negativity they have created. - Do not be afraid to call a meeting an address the issue in front of all staff. That is the only way to make people accountable for their actions and to nip it in the bud.

Goodstart Early Learning2018-11-30

Goodstart Early Learning Response

January 16, 2019Corporate Affairs

We take the issue of bullying very seriously - so firstly, thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. While we appreciate you may wish to remain anonymous, if you would like to talk these issues through with us, please call on 1800 890 933 or email: people@goodstart.org.au.

"2ic"

Current Employee - 2IC in Melton

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are none. Directors been in the industry far too long. Work under roofline. Tell other educators about other people’s business. Smart remarks in front of other educators and are happy to overwork people as long as it suits.

Cons

Bullying is rife, is happy to have 10 babies with 2 staff members. Accommodate lazy staff and make the hard turkeys work harder.

Advice to Management

Move your directors around. Long term directors get complacent.

Goodstart Early Learning2017-12-06

"Lead educator"

Current Employee - Casual Lead Educator (Senior Educator) in Toowoomba

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The families like most are very welcoming easy to build relationships with as well as the children. Many educators are there for the right reasons and there to do their job.

Cons

It seams educators that do less or do not meet tasks at hand get more positive outcomes then those who do their job. We are treated like numbers not people. I was full time for 10 years and currently casual after having a baby 3 months. Time went by and as i am finding thoughall my years i am not getting a chance to get my foot back in the door to support my family. I put in all the extra work went above and beyond... for the company and now i get tossed to the side! While pregnant i was bullied badly and nothing was dond. I was told it was a hormone imbalance and wasnt really happening..........

Advice to Management

Treat staff for who they are what work they do and how good they are. After all its the staff who continue to keep families who line pockets. We are the ones who bend over backwards to try do the company right when the company doesnt care!

Goodstart Early Learning2017-03-27

Goodstart Early Learning Response

September 6, 2017Corporate Affairs

Thanks for your review. We share the same objective, we want to make a positive difference to children and families. And our educators have a big job that takes loads of energy and commitment. So firstly, thank you for your commitment over the past 8 years. Your feedback speaks ...

"Director"

Former Employee - Children's Service Worker in Sunshine West

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff discount on childcare fees. But even this is hardly a pro when you know your child will not receive the care and attention they need from Educators due to understaffing.

Cons

The company cares only about profits. The company spends big dollars on publications and training that supports great practice but does not adequately staff centres to implement the content. Centres staff across the Building to cover ratio leaving many staff in direct supervision of children way outside the maximum legal ratio. Children are treated as potential profits and are moved around Centre rooms from day to... day to reduce required staff. Most staff know what best practice look likes but only implement it when they are going through Assessment and Rating. This company does not value the importance of the impact quality Early Education has on our children. If you voice your concerns about practices such as ensuring adequate staff to ensure quality care is only paramount to the business when they are being assessed you can be sure the company will do all that it can to silence you.

Advice to Management

Stop talking the talk and start walking it. Your company is toxic not only to the over worked floor staff but sadly to many Australian children.

Goodstart Early Learning2016-12-12

"Room leader"

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning

Pros

Uniforms for staff lovely children parents that encourage and appreciate educators

Cons

Leadership is missing from the top down The leadership is only as good as the top leader Dissapointing behaviour from directors area manager's and state managets who just give educators lots of pop talks There is total lack of leadership and educators are at a diadvantage because of this Issues are handled poorly without resolution so that indidents not addressed leave educators feeling disempowered

Advice to Management

Please management start an intense training for anybody in leadership That way you will make Goodstart a culture of strong ethics and work practices

Goodstart Early Learning2016-06-12