Google Information Technology Reviews

Updated 9 Aug 2020

To filter reviews, or .
4.3
99%
Recommend to a Friend
100%
Approve of CEO
Google CEO Sundar Pichai
Sundar Pichai
24 Ratings
  1. "Awesome place to work"

    5.0
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Melbourne
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook

    I have been working at Google full-time for more than 3 years

    Pros

    Great team Great Boss Work when I want Feel like i'm part of a team.

    Cons

    none at all it is great working with friends

    Continue reading
  2. "job`"

    4.0
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    IT Project Manager in Sydney
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Google for less than a year

    Pros

    good job and a nice place to work

    Cons

    nice job but it can be more better

    Continue reading

  3. Helpful (1)

    "It’s still Google!"

    5.0
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Somewhere In IT 
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    No Opinion of CEO

    I have been working at Google full-time

    Pros

    Solving problems for the whole globe. Fantastic engineering talent!

    Cons

    Company became huge! Lots of policies!

  4. "Great internship"

    5.0
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Intern - Information Technology Intern in Dublin, Dublin
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Google for less than a year

    Pros

    Great place to work, and great experience.

    Cons

    Large company, so narrow scope.

  5. "Work Environment"

    5.0
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Contractor - Information Technology Resident 
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Google for more than a year

    Pros

    Fast paced, lots of perks for personal development

    Cons

    Work is in a specialized environment and may be unconventional outside the company...

  6. "IT Systems Admin"

    5.0
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - IT Support in New York, NY
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Google full-time for more than a year

    Pros

    office, atmosphere, colleagues, benefits, salary

    Cons

    no cons for this company

  7. "It's not as great as they sell it on the interviews."

    3.0
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - IT Resident 
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year

    Pros

    - Competitive salary - Benefits - Blameless culture - International travel for IT Residents (might not exist after Coronavirus)

    Cons

    While Google itself has barely any cons, the position IT Resident is a bad career choice. It's literally a two year LEVEL 1 helpdesk position, where all the IT skills you knew will rot. 70% of the stuff you will deal is basic things (password resets, onboardings, documented procedures). The other 30% where you actually use your brain will be so complicated that the job will be done by another engineer, with you learning almost anything at all.

  8. "Great company"

    5.0
    Current Employee - IT Director in Seattle, WA

    I have been working at Google full-time

    Pros

    Great people and culture and food

    Cons

    long hours, not much work life balance