Groupon Employee Reviews about "no dress code"

Updated 14 Jul 2020

3.5
Groupon Interim CEO Aaron Cooper
Aaron Cooper
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "no dress code"

Return to all Reviews

"Nice Company to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Right people will be promoted to the next level at the right time. 2. If you work really hard, definitely you can expect growth here. 3. Provides free transportation (pick up & drop), snacks, fruits, etc. 4. The management conducts the town hall meetings regularly to listen to the employee's concerns and come up with an action plan. 5. Fewer politics! No dress code! Work from home is available. 6. Not only care about the employees but also the community.

Cons

In my personal opinion, I do not see many negative things about the company or management. Yes, there is politics in every team. However, it is very very minimum here when compared with the other organizations.

Continue reading

"Meaningless feedback from management lead to a frustrating experience"

Former Employee - Merchant Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

--Easy goals, ridiculously easy to attain --Historic Office Building --No Dress Code

Cons

--Management is made of glass and won't give you anything less than dazzling feedback at every turn no matter how much you press them --Sales staff furloughed and some were invited back and some weren't--unclear about why people were asked back and some weren't --Every single member of the senior management team is white (You can see this on the "Our Leaders" tab of their website)

"NO JOB SECURITY!!"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Representative in Chennai

I worked at Groupon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay and incentives. No dress code

Cons

First of all the metrics and targets are not at all achievable and management doesn't care about employees. They care only about metrics. The tools and software provided for work will have lot of issues but they won't resolve that. Still they will question the performance and expect everyone to meet the targets with no leverages. The work and management will induce lot of stress with too much pressure. There are a lot of flaws in their policy and the refund policy is very stringent but they still want the agents to satisfy the customer with canned responses. Last but not the least. THERE IS NO JOB SECURITY AT ALL. THEY CAN FIRE YOU ANYTIME WITH NO INTIMATION. SO PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE APPLYING FOR A JOB IN THIS COMPANY.

4. "Take your chances"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Groupon full-time

Pros

No dress code Parties Game room

Cons

Great to have on your resume and good Entry level experience, until you realize how underpaid you are for your job title and racist this company is. Not worth it

5. "Great Culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for less than a year

Pros

culture is great, no dress code, great training program,

Cons

hard to get promoted, not a lot of transparency from leadership

June 29, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We agree, we know we have some of the best people (ever) here at Groupon. We're also really proud of our Inclusion culture and Diversity programs. You're right though, change can definitely feel chaotic. We're certainly undergoing some bigger changes as we fulfil our mission to become the daily habit in local commerce. We're glad to have you along for the ride, and thanks for everything you do.

6. "unlimited PTO, no dress code, relaxed environment"

4.0
    Current Employee - Merchant Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for less than a year

Pros

unlimited PTO, no dress code, relaxed environment, good benefits

Cons

low initial pay, slow growth, every day is the same, lack of fancy office perks (but the other benefits outweigh this)

"Pathetic HR and TA Department"

Former Contractor - Human Resources Coordinator in Bangalore
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Groupon for more than a year

Pros

No dress code Engineering team is good

Cons

Worked in Human Resources department as a coordinator (3rd part payroll) in Bengaluru Groupon office. There is always false hope given while hiring. All the contract to hire is just a sweet talk to make you join and no matter how much you work there is nothing for you. . Also, there were pathetic co-workers who treat you badly if you are better than them but younger. There is biased culture in the HR and Talent Acquisition team to the highest level. (Some get converted very soon - mostly female, get promotion very soon - also female) Some contract workers also take advantage and do not work properly or come to office and still there will not be action taken against him. I can listed out few things that I have witnessed during my tenure, 1. Pathetic hiring process for HR and Talent Acquisition team 2. Poor pay for contract workers (C2H) 3. Pathetic HR/TA managers and Leadership (India) 4. No Performance metrics - it's simply a waste and nobody see's how you work. It's all upto how you butter your manager 5. Biased co worker approach 6. Lack of technical skills for 90% hr folks 7. There is no vision for HR department. No improvement at all. They can't implement anything new 8. Lots of Manual work and under utilisation of good resources 9. Very high turnover in HR TA team 10. Group formation inside team which leads to biased 11. Pathetic Support functions IT support guy who doesn't know how to work, no proper communication, mediocre admin team 12. Please don't hire C2H people especially experienced person since they take advantage of some flexibility and don't come to office and won't work. 13. Pathetic pantry If you while away time and talk well to manager's there is high chances of getting promoted, getting converted If you are hardworking, honest and good. Then sorry this is not a place for you. Don't go for the company name. It will look cool on the outside.

Continue reading

"high turnover, unprofessional, unorganized"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual dress code Teams are young

Cons

Not professional Managers and directors are incompetent and chaotic High turnover in teams No procedures or best practices, everything is unorganized

February 10, 2020Human Resources Representative

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. The foundation of our relaxed culture is always respect, so we're truly sorry to hear that your experience didn't reflect that. To build great leaders, we're investing in manager training programs, leveraging employee feedback (like yours), and encouraging "Anytime Check-ins" between employees and managers. You’re right, Groupon is a fast-paced organization where things can change quickly and often. We value that you took the time to share your experience with us— your feedback will help us continue to grow and deliver.

"Greedpon fired a 8.5 month pregnant woman"

Former Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Perks: Unlimited vacation, great health benefits, paid paternal leave, no dress code, beautiful office building on the River Walk in River North. I loved my clients and was deeply invested in them. Your clients are real entrepreneurs and small business owners and it is alot of fun to work with them - especially if you worked with them in the old days when everyone was making money. I stayed there for over five years.

Cons

The business is shrinking, and fast. We haven't had a new product in 10 years, each attempt is a cockamamie scheme that lasts 2 weeks. They are trying to nickel and dime everybody. It's really sad because the company has no competitors and could kill it. They have decided to take this frustration out on the sales people and the environment has become stressful and miserable. I literally felt myself and my fellow sales reps were devolving into cannibals. They fired 8.5 month pregnant rep in Sept 2019. This wasn't a bad rep mind you - this was a tenured sales person who had a difficult pregnancy. Out on her butt - the company refused to pay her a dime in benefits. I don’t think I’ll ever forget this cruelty. The newest thing is hire hundreds of college students and force them to make 80 dials per day and never promote them to the next level of rep so they could actually make a liveable wage and actually speak to potential clients instead of making fake dials. The newest managers are maybe 2 years out of college. There is very little investment in the employees, we all feel expendable and just a number. Promotions do not happen nearly fast enough. The company has never really stood for anything besides greed so that’s why they call it GREEDPON

November 6, 2019Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback with us. We're sorry to hear about your experience with management and the working environment in sales. It's our job to ensure every employee has a healthy work/life balance, feels supported by their management, and knows that their perspective is heard. We hope that you felt comfortable reaching out to your manager, HR, Ethicspoint (our anonymous reporting hotline) or the Compliance Team to discuss any specific concerns during your time with us. We're truly passionate about retaining and advancing our sales reps, which is why we've recently launched our Internal Talent Marketplace, to help employees explore and progress into new career opportunities. While we have a long journey ahead of us, we're excited about our mission to become the daily habit in local commerce. The feedback we receive from merchants and customers is incredibly important in ensuring that we’re approaching our problems with the most impactful solutions. We truly appreciate your feedback to help us continue to grow and deliver, and value that you took the time to share your experience with us. We agree-- we're ready to crush it! Thank you again.

"High turnover, commission exaggerated, base pay 👎, not meaningful work, doesn’t help business."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for less than a year

Pros

No dress code People are very social and nice Lots of company outings People are very young

Cons

We lost 2.4B in gross sales in 4 years - Groupon as an app looks old and doesn’t promote businesses but deals, the page looks dated and the product you’d have to sell is not a great product anymore, it’s not bad either, but it’s definitely not worth 54% of their margin. - no one wants to talk to you on the phone so a BDR position is just talking to people who want nothing to do with you - there’s a requirement for calls and “touches” a day, as well as move forwards and contracts closed. I feel like these numbers are pretty high and actually become demotivating so people exaggerate on their numbers to reach their daily goal to make it look like they’re working harder than they are. - you’re expected to close 6 sliver + contracts a month. You can do it, but depending on their level of difficulty rated by Groupon (which doesn’t mean anything) you can get paid only 1,050 from launch bonuses (before tax) on top of your base of 2k a month. So in essence, you can be making only 3k a month for working extremely hard if you’re deals don’t perform well (which they usually don’t bc ppl don’t buy Groupon as much as they used to) and be meeting the standard. But in actuality, many people don’t even close 6 contracts a month and close about 3 a month. So most people don’t even make 3k a month in their first year. - upper management is good, lower management is terrible

October 11, 2019Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're not enjoying your time here. Sales positions at Groupon can definitely be challenging. That's why we offer extensive training, mentorship, and ongoing support to ensure all sales reps have the tools they need to succeed. We've also rolled out "Anytime Check-ins” to encourage regular, benchmarked conversations between employees and their managers. These check-ins can help level-set on expectations and provide a better path forward to meeting your goals. We're excited about our future and the growth ahead. Thank you for everything you do at Groupon!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 157 English Reviews