Grubhub Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 519 reviews

3.1
Grubhub CEO Matt Maloney
Matt Maloney

"Turned really bad, really fast"

Former Employee - Corporate Field Sales

I worked at Grubhub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited vacation $30 meal credit Fun employees Work/Life Balance

Cons

The corporate organization is a sinking ship. The Field Sales team was once a fun team to be a part of, selling a competitive product that our target market needed. Our team consisted of reps all over the country and management at the time was really good at making sure we were all engaged and encouraged communication, and collaboration. Towards the end of 2018 things started getting really shady. Our job... function changed, compensation changed, the product we sold changed and expectations became increasingly unattainable. Communication was non existent to the point that we had to ask what our goals would be each month and what we were getting paid. Once the good leaders started leaving I took that as my cue to leave. I quickly saw where it was heading. The manager that stayed was the exact opposite of the one who left. Communication with our peers was actually forbidden, meetings cancelled, 1:1's would be cancelled or just never happened with no explanation and the compensation was insulting. This organization will drain the life out of you. It's a toxic environment that needs a complete overhaul. I can't speak for other organizations at Grubhub, but as for the corporate space, it's a NO!

Advice to Management

Train your managers Communicate with your employees Include your remote employees in company activities.

Grubhub2019-08-15

"Stay away"

Current Employee - Restaurant Sales Executive in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Grubhub full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's snacks i guess and you get 30 a week in grubhub dollars to spend on grubhub. It basically buys you 1.5 lunches a week.

Cons

#1 the training you receive is hot garbage. It is completely useless and does not set you up for success #2 the pay is absolute trash. I am one of the top reps in the entire office and i don't even break 6 figures. You can make a lot more money in a lot of other sales jobs. You get 32k a year base and the commission is garbage!! You work very hard for not a lot of serious reward. You should honestly work somewhere... else. #3 the attrition rate is insane of the 18 people i was hired on with only 1 other person is left. Last week alone i personally know of at least 8 people who were fired last week. Our sales team is maybe 40 people. Most people are looking for other opportunities and when you look around the sales floor, a lot of the time its quite and its empty. Theyll give you the line that theyre looking to expand and that they should grow to such and such number, yeah thats a pipe dream. #4 a lot of the management has no idea what they are doing, and a lot of them are extremely immature. This is a perfect example of how not to be when you're in charge. #5 people are always beating on these stupid drums every time they close a sale and they're yelling. Some people like it, but to me it's extremely annoying, distracting, and it's embarassing when youre on the phone with a potential client. This is more of my personal opinion, a good amount of people use it as their motivation, but i could care less if anyone even knows i have a go live. #6 the territories you get can make or break you! I have had great territories and ive had bad ones. They change every 3 months! So if you get a bad one, and youre just starting out, you may as well kiss your job good by buddy. They rate all of them equally, so it makes it very difficult sometimes. #7 the managers are always stuck in useless meetings that are not beneficial for their teams. They do not have enough time in the day to develop their new people so they end up failing and getting fired.

Advice to Management

Spend a little effort on the chandler office please

Grubhub2019-08-16
  3. "Unprofessional"

I worked at Grubhub

Pros

Nice office. You get snacks and weekly meal.

Cons

Managers and specially leads will not help you unless you are part of their click. Moving up here only for their buddies. No matter how hard you work they don’t care. You pretty much do their job and they get all the credit. While sitting in their car getting high and hitting on the ladies. Los Angeles office need better managers and leads. They will harass you and make racist jokes like it’s nothing.

Advice to Management

Get some training and show your employees you care about them.

Grubhub2019-08-17
  4. "Overall greatness"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist

I have been working at Grubhub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay Employee Perks Nice benefits package Comfortable work environment

Cons

Little advancement Constant changes Mixed communication

Grubhub2019-07-09

"A Glorified Pyramid/MLM Scheme"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Grubhub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Grubhub $, and casual company culture. Get to put on your resume that you worked at Grubhub.

Cons

This job is a stepping stone to your next job, and I wouldn't recommend anyone working here for more than a year if you can survive that long. There's no value add for employees. Essentially, you don't make money, you don't work with people you like, and you don't get skills development/mentor-ship. So it's a lose-lose. *Commission structure changes every month so you should definitely take that into... consideration. As a publicly traded company they look for ways to show investors and the market there's some increase in revenue every year. So they overhire a bunch of salespeople in the beginning of the year, work them to death. Then fire them at the end of the year after you've made them enough money. It's unethical but somehow legal, and keeps them from paying unemployment. Just know what you are signing up for before you jump into this role. It's not a money making job where you make decent cash if you perform well. There's a lot of loop holes and unfair practices designed to keep you from getting paid so they don't have to pay you out. They're not loyal to top-performers. You could be here one day and gone the next. Lastly, keep in mind that you're not really a real human being to the company. You're just some object that performs a function. Highly disposable and highly replaceable.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with people interviewing that this is a short term job, so they can keep realistic expectations.

Grubhub2019-08-08

"Great place to work and benefit perk"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Grubhub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work and benefit perk

Cons

No downside in my opinion

Advice to Management

none

Grubhub2019-07-04

"Good Benefits but Chandler Office is a Scam"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Grubhub full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours, good benefits, free snacks and drinks, very laid back

Cons

poor and incompetent managers, toxic work environment, upper management has no transparency, lied to rudderless and clueless leaders

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people in the interview process - the Chandler office gets the terrible picked through territories no one wants that you cant make money with - the office has gotten exponentially more toxic because of incompetent managers and lack of transparency - the Chandler is a case study on how to run a new office completely into the ground because no one in Chandler had a clue - I couldn;t leave fast enough

Grubhub2019-08-09
  8. "Good first time job"

Former Employee - Data Operations Lead Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Grubhub full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly work environment and flexible hours

Cons

limited advancement and low salary

Grubhub2019-07-13

"Ok but be mindful of what you are getting into."

Former Employee - Senior Partner Trainer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Grubhub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits some of the best I have ever had. Awesome co-workers, a great benefit when it comes to food choices.

Cons

Hmm, where do I start? Leadership- Poor overall just poor. It finally took Grubhub some time and realized that having two tyrant leaders manage the care department into the ground. Many leaders have left to seek better opportunities where companies value their opinion and they are treated & compensated fairly. Communication- Poor. It really was sad that a company this large does not communicate across... departments. There were countless of times when I would find out about a new update from product the day before it launched. Then my expectation was to create a training in just one day to be used by not only the Care GH employees but our partner agents as well? I would say that the month of December was horrible for me. My peer and I were given an unrealistic goal of re-writing the entire Customer Care Training in just one month. Mind this you this consisted of about 30 modules. We each averaged a module-two a day. Culture- Ok but please GH, EDUCATE your other departments about Care. It really hurts when you pour your soul into a company and the department just to hear other departments call you lazy, incompetent and overall not needed. There were countless of times at LPF's (GH sponsored social events) that non-Care employees would make comments about my department. In one instance I told a salesperson that they should really visit us and work a shift in Care to really appreciate what we do for the company! This was ONE major reason why I left. I really did not like that GH would ignore this and turn a blind eye. This is another reason why you are losing good employees here. Also, to try to get out of Care was a nightmare. Just trying to interview for other positions outside of Care felt like you were at a disadvantage because you worked in that department. For a company who values development, they really are lacking in the empowerment for Care.

Advice to Management

Educate other departments, hire professional leaders, hire the right people.

Grubhub2019-07-16
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist

I have been working at Grubhub full-time

Pros

Lots of Benefits Great workplace and environment

Cons

Growth availability seems stagnant unless you're in their main hubs

Grubhub2019-06-12