HOYTS Employee Reviews about "head office"

Updated 3 Jun 2020

3.5
HOYTS President & CEO Damian Keogh (no image)
Damian Keogh
Pros
Cons
  • "Poor treatment from head office/area manager (as a manager), disappointing pay with no weekend loading(in 7 reviews)

• "always understaffed, lack of respect for front-line staff, low pay, always cutting hours last minute, ignores employee entitlements(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "head office"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Overall a Solid Job"

4.0

I have been working at HOYTS part-time

Pros

-Great team -Easy tasks -Everyday is different

Cons

-Hours can be variable as part time -Head office is strict on payroll -Customers can be horrible to deal with

2. "Fun & Flexible job until you become a manager"

Current Employee - Duty Manager in Canberra

I have been working at HOYTS part-time

Pros

Cheap movie tickets, great social dynamic, large variety of roles and skills available for learning, flexible hours which is great when studying.

Cons

Poor treatment from head office/area manager (as a manager), disappointing pay with no weekend loading. Managers have insane expectations placed on them considering how little they're paid, making it hard to finish shifts on time as there is too much work to do.

Continue reading

3. "Pretty Easy First Job"

Current Employee - Cinema Worker in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at HOYTS part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a pretty simple job to do, clean cinemas, sell tickets and give out popcorn. The discounts are pretty good, $2 tickets and cheap popcorn and choc-tops. The best thing is probably the people, everyone's really great, very friendly and fun to work with, they're the only reason I've stayed as long as I have.

Cons

Management can be a bit annoying, working at one of the busiest sites we got lots of visits from head office and they always found something to pick on. No career movement at my site. Can't n/a school holidays as they are peak periods. Lots of favouritism from management. Also love getting yelled at by parents and old people :)

"Great first job"

Former Employee - Crew Member and (HOST) Crew Trainer

I worked at HOYTS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team culture among crew members. Generous staff discounts and benefits - Cheap tickets, food and beverages, Christmas Parties, staff screenings and on-site competitions for other incentives Decent pay considering work load and accessibility for youth without experience.

Cons

Reprimanded for good behaviour - I once was available 24/7 among a team of mostly 15-16 year olds with after school hours only. I took off a half-day event 2 months in advance and was given no hours that week due to my 12 hour leave while the students worked full Saturday and Sunday hours. Management are ill trained and experienced. Unprofessionalism is coherent among management, results in dispute with crew members and high turnover. Head office do not make well informed business choices because they do not have sufficient knowledge of immediate site proceedings and customer service. The front-line employees then must take the flack for inconvenient policy changes.

Continue reading

"Worthwhile if you're 15"

1.0
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Ringwood, Victoria

I worked at HOYTS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Social work environment. Great for a first job as a teenager. Easy work, just cleaning and serving customers with little engagement required.

Cons

After 17 you don't get enough shifts to get by on and the management are untrained and unsuitable for management positions. If current management like you and you're 20 years of age you're promoted, if not you basically don't have a job. Area managers exercise no control and act as puppets to head office. I.e. When you try to discuss any issues around the workplace with them they respond in a very PC generic way and barely acknowledge that there's even an issue. Having 20 year olds managing 15 years olds with no previous management experience or training other than how to cash up a till and lock a door makes for a very degrading workplace. Best to get out once you've got your pocket money.

Continue reading
  6. "Premium Supervisor of a site"

4.0

I worked at HOYTS part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The fellow employees Culture is very young so easy to fit in The responsibilities you are given as a teenager Great pay as a young individual (16 - 21)

Cons

Not so flexible when it comes time for exams time Expected to be able to work lots throughout holidays Relatively easy to be let go Head office make decisions based off limited knowledge of what happens at a site level

7. "the company are not what they used to be and for that rezone I would advice u to not apply to this job"

1.0
    Current Employee - Cinema Attendant in Penrith

I have been working at HOYTS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

there isn't any and im vey disappointed at were this company has end up

Cons

the managers and head office try there best to give u the littlest amount of money for what u do and give u no credit for what u have done they hat on u as much as they can and never seem to help, the staffing is horrible and the managers r bitter.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews