Hays Employee Reviews about "career progression"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 161 of over 4,242 reviews

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,899 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people(in 161 reviews)

• "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Certain times of year bring long hours(in 495 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "career progression"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great

Oct 3, 2020 - Associate Consultant in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good career progression opportunities

Cons

Long hours and demanding work load

HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear you enjoy Hays’ meritocratic culture where people at every level are provided clear promotion pathways and achievable targets. We are disappointed that your review does not align with our commitment to health and well-being and creating a supportive culture. We would like to discuss your feedback further, please contact Danielle Marshall, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company, lots of pros but also lots of cons

Aug 11, 2020 - Recruitment Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, culture, database, career progression

Cons

Mob mentality, salary, lack of autonomy, favouritism

HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you are enjoying Hays’ working environment, team culture and career progression. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all employees are given equal opportunity to succeed in their careers. Your feedback isn’t reflective of of this culture and we would welcome you to either speak to your Manager/Regional Director or to HR by contacting Danielle Marshall at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Long term career opportunities and great at celebrating success

Oct 8, 2019 - Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long term career progression opportunities and great at celebrating success. Very supportive Senior Management.

Cons

Luckily my team has a fantastic culture, but I know the culture isn't necessarily consistent throughout the entire business as a whole.

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear about your positive experience with Hays and in particular your appreciation of our company culture and leadership support. Best of luck with your endeavours in the future.

4. 5.0

Can’t fault it

Jul 30, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Geelong
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and systems for those new to recruitment. Career progression opportunities given scope and scale of organisation. Lots of perks and incentives for top performers at all levels. Meritocratic organisation. Industry leading tools to leverage.

Cons

Agency recruitment is a sales role, so those that don’t enjoy having targets (like most organisations) or those that arent willing to invest in their own training/put in effort early won’t last very long.

HR Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying our industry leading training & resources together with our strong culture, and employee benefits. Your feedback is important to us and we highly recommend sharing your specific feedback with your Manager. We wish you ongoing success with Hays!

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Administrator

Aug 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture - staff & management are friendly and approachable. Career progression opportunities. Good IT system that is tailored and built specifically for the business. Fast paced working environment with opportunities to meet candidates and clients from various industries and backgrounds. Several opportunities to contribute to company or team led fundraising. Other perks include monthly drinks with staff from offices all around Sydney.

Cons

Support staff are remunerated below average in the market. Support staff and recruiters are not treated equally. There is an unspoken segregation where recruiters (being the direct source of sales income) are favoritised .

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Administrator

Jun 1, 2017 - Office Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing culture in terms of work social events - Lots of career progression opportunities

Cons

- Support staff are hugely underpaid - High turnover rate

Head of Internal Recruitment

Hello and thanks for sharing. Can I have more information on why you have a negative outlook? You can reach me on 0203 465 0202.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work but tight

Jul 16, 2016 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture, career progression is very achievable is you put the effort in. Senior management are easily approachable across the board.

Cons

A lot of offices are outdated and Hays wont spend money unless they have to. Some offices have really old phones and slow Pc's.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best Recruitment company you could work for!

Jun 14, 2015 - Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training and development program, transparent career progression paths and commission structures. Global opportunities.

Cons

Work/life balance can suffer but only because you are working in a high performance culture and everyone is driven to succeed which can sometimes call for late nights in the office.

9 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's not for everyone and that's OK

Jun 19, 2015 - Recruitment Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good induction, great team, excellent resources, commission structure clear and transparent, career progression mapped and merit based

Cons

It's not for everyone. You need to enjoy working in a sales environment, working with KPIs, targetsand commissions. Steep but supported induction

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good culture, good place to work as long as you toe the line in terms of activity/KPIs

Sep 24, 2014 - Business Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great bunch of people, everyone pulls together and shares the ups and the downs of working in recruitment. Good career progression if you meet targets. Also - for a recruitment company - I was surprised at the attitude to office hours. Office hours are 8am-5.30pm, but that's not lip-service - as long as you're getting the work done, nobody bats an eyelid if you leave at 5.30pm on the spot. No expectation to stay longer to make it look like you're working hard. Office was normally practically empty by 6pm.

Cons

While I was working there, the default non-financial reward for achievement was free alcohol. Great if you're in your 20s, got a little bit tedious as I was approaching my late 30s...

Viewing 1 - 10 of 161 Reviews