Hays Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 494 of over 4,242 reviews

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,899 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people(in 161 reviews)

• "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Certain times of year bring long hours(in 495 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great

Oct 3, 2020 - Associate Consultant in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good career progression opportunities

Cons

Long hours and demanding work load

HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear you enjoy Hays’ meritocratic culture where people at every level are provided clear promotion pathways and achievable targets. We are disappointed that your review does not align with our commitment to health and well-being and creating a supportive culture. We would like to discuss your feedback further, please contact Danielle Marshall, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Working for Hays Recruitment....

Jan 20, 2021 - Section Manager in Launceston
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to grow, supportive teams, good training

Cons

4 weekly pay, long hours and often demanding workloads

Continue reading

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear of your appreciation of the industry leading training, development opportunities and positive company culture. We encourage you to discuss your feedback with your Manager or Regional Director. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to a member of our People & Culture team, please contact Holly Riddell, our HR Advisor at Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not great

Jan 20, 2021 - RecruitmentConsultant in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia
      Business Outlook

Pros

Build great relationships with work colleagues. Lots of good training to set you up in the field.

Cons

Very low pay, long hours, no over time pay or time in lieu for extra hours, working to strict KPIs - if they are not met you will be put on performance management and be given official warning letters.

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear of your appreciation of the industry leading career and development opportunities and company culture at Hays. At Hays, we are proud of our fair and transparent remuneration structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this and your feedback further. If you would like to do so, please get in touch with Holly Riddell, our HR Advisor at Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Oct 22, 2020 - Head of Talent Acquisition in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative, Fun, Work/life balance, Flexibility Pay

Cons

Long hours and at times can be lots of red tape

HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you are enjoying the working environment, team culture and uncapped commission structure. Hays is committed to supporting our employees and offer Flex@Hays options to enable people to balance work and life. We are sorry to hear that your experience doesn’t align with our commitment to health and wellbeing and creating a supportive culture and encourage you to speak to your Manager or Regional Director or alternatively, if you would like to speak to a member of the People & Culture team, please contact Danielle Marshall, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company but more improvement is needed to retain staff

Feb 22, 2020 - Associate Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with. Very thorough training.

Cons

Sometimes unsupportive management. Very high pressure. Really low salary. No flexibility and very long hours.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don’t work here

Feb 1, 2020 - Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of celebrations and team lunches

Cons

Really toxic culture, micro management, very poor salary compared to the market, very long hours and totally unrealistic KPIs. Management are not promoted to managerial roles based on their suitability to the role, but rather tenure and how much they bill. Until this stops the very high turn over in the Melbourne CBD Office will not change.

4 people found this review helpful

HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your response.We appreciate your review and are pleased that you enjoyed celebrating your success with us at Hays. We are proud of our fair salaries and commission structures, offering unlimited earning potential. You feedback isn’t consistent with our meritocratic culture with our Flex@Hays initiatives. If you would like to provide further feedback please contact Danielle, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Zero Work Life Balance

Jan 22, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some great incentives going for people who work hard and they really do reward success.

Cons

Management constantly trying to pull the wool over employees eyes. Pushing back promised pay rises and promotions as a means to crack the whip. Sever micro management and power play too. It's all because managers are recruited owing to tenure in the business rather than merit. Absolutely zero work life balance - hours are long and staff are expected to work outside the already long hours.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your response. At Hays we are committed to rewarding people for their hard work and results. We are delighted that you experienced this first hand. Your feedback is not reflective of our meritocratic culture where people are promoted based on merit. It also does not reflect our Flex@Hays initiatives. If you would like to provide feedback get in touch with Danielle, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not the best, not the worst

Jan 16, 2020 - Associate Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training, fun culture, learn the basics in recruitment

Cons

Micromanaging, low pay, long hours, poor Commission structure

Continue reading
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company culture and fantastic management!

Dec 5, 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company that prides itself on their inclusive culture, lots of rewards, incentives and recognition for staff. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help you, they encourage success and very clear progression paths.

Cons

Work life balance, very long hours.

HR Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your great experience within Hays’. We appreciate your feedback – Hays is committed to supporting our employees and offer Flex@Hays options to enable people to balance work and life. Thank you again, and best of luck with your future endeavours.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok place to work

Sep 25, 2019 - Associate in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team culture- people Hays recruit are always same type, funny,outgoing and sociable

Cons

Base pay is not great, takes a long time to build commission. Dont get to pick what you recruit for, training is not what its cracked up to be. Long hours and no flexibility

3 people found this review helpful

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the team culture we foster however disappointed to hear your thoughts about the training and remuneration. We would be interested in learning more about your experience and invite you to an Exit Interview if you have not yet participated in one already. Please contact me directly at Rubylea.Sellers@Hays.com.au if you would like to arrange a time to discuss these concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 494 Reviews