Hays Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 20 Jan 2021

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,775 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people(in 161 reviews)

• "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 157 reviews)

Cons
  • "Certain times of year bring long hours(in 495 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 141 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great"

5.0
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Brisbane

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Very good career progression opportunities

Cons

Long hours and demanding work load

October 6, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear you enjoy Hays’ meritocratic culture where people at every level are provided clear promotion pathways and achievable targets. We are disappointed that your review does not align with our commitment to health and well-being and creating a supportive culture. We would like to discuss your feedback further, please contact Danielle Marshall, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au

2. "Working for Hays Recruitment...."

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Section Manager in Launceston

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities to grow, supportive teams, good training

Cons

4 weekly pay, long hours and often demanding workloads

Continue reading

January 27, 2021HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear of your appreciation of the industry leading training, development opportunities and positive company culture. We encourage you to discuss your feedback with your Manager or Regional Director. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to a member of our People & Culture team, please contact Holly Riddell, our HR Advisor at Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au.

3. "Not great"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - RecruitmentConsultant in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia

I worked at Hays full-time

Pros

Build great relationships with work colleagues. Lots of good training to set you up in the field.

Cons

Very low pay, long hours, no over time pay or time in lieu for extra hours, working to strict KPIs - if they are not met you will be put on performance management and be given official warning letters.

January 27, 2021HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear of your appreciation of the industry leading career and development opportunities and company culture at Hays. At Hays, we are proud of our fair and transparent remuneration structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this and your feedback further. If you would like to do so, please get in touch with Holly Riddell, our HR Advisor at Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au

4. "Good"

Current Employee - Head of Talent Acquisition in Sydney

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative, Fun, Work/life balance, Flexibility Pay

Cons

Long hours and at times can be lots of red tape

October 25, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you are enjoying the working environment, team culture and uncapped commission structure. Hays is committed to supporting our employees and offer Flex@Hays options to enable people to balance work and life. We are sorry to hear that your experience doesn’t align with our commitment to health and wellbeing and creating a supportive culture and encourage you to speak to your Manager or Regional Director or alternatively, if you would like to speak to a member of the People & Culture team, please contact Danielle Marshall, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au.

"Zero Work Life Balance"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some great incentives going for people who work hard and they really do reward success.

Cons

Management constantly trying to pull the wool over employees eyes. Pushing back promised pay rises and promotions as a means to crack the whip. Sever micro management and power play too. It's all because managers are recruited owing to tenure in the business rather than merit. Absolutely zero work life balance - hours are long and staff are expected to work outside the already long hours.

February 20, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your response. At Hays we are committed to rewarding people for their hard work and results. We are delighted that you experienced this first hand. Your feedback is not reflective of our meritocratic culture where people are promoted based on merit. It also does not reflect our Flex@Hays initiatives. If you would like to provide feedback get in touch with Danielle, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au

"Don’t work here"

Former Employee - Consultant in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of celebrations and team lunches

Cons

Really toxic culture, micro management, very poor salary compared to the market, very long hours and totally unrealistic KPIs. Management are not promoted to managerial roles based on their suitability to the role, but rather tenure and how much they bill. Until this stops the very high turn over in the Melbourne CBD Office will not change.

February 20, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your response.We appreciate your review and are pleased that you enjoyed celebrating your success with us at Hays. We are proud of our fair salaries and commission structures, offering unlimited earning potential. You feedback isn’t consistent with our meritocratic culture with our Flex@Hays initiatives. If you would like to provide further feedback please contact Danielle, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au

7. "Great company culture and fantastic management!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company that prides itself on their inclusive culture, lots of rewards, incentives and recognition for staff. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help you, they encourage success and very clear progression paths.

Cons

Work life balance, very long hours.

December 12, 2019HR Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your great experience within Hays’. We appreciate your feedback – Hays is committed to supporting our employees and offer Flex@Hays options to enable people to balance work and life. Thank you again, and best of luck with your future endeavours.

8. "Great opportunities for consultants"

Former Employee - Manager in Brisbane

I worked at Hays full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hays have a fantastic career path for consultants and the best training in the industry. Systems are far better than any other agency and the time and money spent on continuously updating the systems is amazing. There are some great perks - wellness days, Hays rewards, the Entertainment Book. Generally there is a fantastic culture in each office, positive and inclusive.

Cons

Salaries are lower than most other agencies, there are limited opportunities for support staff outside of head office, very long working hours and working from home or flexibility with hours is limited / not encouraged.

September 10, 2019HR Coordinator

We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Hays and highlighting our career opportunities, industry leading training and resources together with our range of employee benefits. We are proud of our fair and transparent commission structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance together with our Flex@Hays options. We would be interested in learning more about your experience and invite you to an Exit Interview if you have not yet participated in one already. Please contact me directly at Rubylea.Sellers@Hays.com.au if you would like to arrange a time to discuss these concerns. Thank you for your feedback.

9. "Not just another job!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clearly set career path Great commissions - if you put the effort in! Great team environment with lots of social events

Cons

Long hours but can be worth it! Average base salary - you need to be motivated by commission

Continue reading

September 10, 2019HR Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying our culture, and commission and career progression opportunities we have available. We encourage you to view our Flex@Hays page on our intranet to learn about the flexible arrangements that you can tap into. Your feedback is valuable, and your suggestion will be passed on to our leadership team. Best wishes to you and your future success with Hays!

10. "Good company but more improvement is needed to retain staff"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Very thorough training.

Cons

Sometimes unsupportive management. Very high pressure. Really low salary. No flexibility and very long hours.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 495 Reviews