Hays Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated 16 Sep 2020

3.8
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,566 Ratings
Pros
  • "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 154 reviews)

• "Supportive and offer solid career progression options(in 151 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours on occasion if desk gets busy(in 475 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 136 reviews)

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Loved it here!!! One of the best places I've ever worked!"

Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Hays

Pros

Great culture. Management are fantastic, offer you development and value in your career. Supportive environment. Loyal to their employees and you can always trust they will do what they say they will do. They genuinely value their employees. Will do what they can to make it work for you. Training is fantastic! Career development is great. Hard work is rewarded. Global reach. Its just an all round great place to work.

Cons

Perhaps the commission structure. Although being a bigger business they do tend to have more of a reach so it does tend to even out.

Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you Melbourne, I'll be sure to share your comments with Nick, Tim and the team in VIC. All the best in your future career.

2. "Great training and development opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good training, a clear development path to leadership. Work hard play hard culture.

Cons

Can be a little political, salaries and commission could be higher.

HR Advisor ANZ

We are delighted to hear about your positive experience with our industry leading training and development opportunities at Hays. We are proud of our fair and transparent commission structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance. We would recommend that you share your feedback with your Manager or our HR Advisor, Danielle Marshall at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au.

"Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only been here for 5 weeks but everyone I have met so far at Hays have been so friendly and supportive, and you wouldn't even know you're speaking to senior consultants/managers or even directors. The training is second to none. I'm really amazed with how detailed the training is, whether it's class, book or online training plus the on the job training you constantly get as well. The team culture is amazing as well where they do reward your hard work with drinks, prizes etc

Cons

None so far. Definitely long hours but you won't notice at all because they literally fly by! I love the fact that you're constantly busy.

Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your review from Melbourne. It's great to hear that regardless of global location the message is consistent and you have all the support and tools to help you become a great recruiting expert. Good luck in your M1 and M2 training which will no doubt be coming up very soon. Looking forward to hearing from you again in 2017 when you are promoted to recruitment consultant. All the best.

4. "Recruitment on the Up and Up"

Former Contractor - Recruitment Consultant in Brisbane

I worked at Hays for more than a year

Pros

Great team environment. Rewards based on hard work. Recognition for going beyond the call if duty.

Cons

Salary is a little low for the workload required. Entry level work hard to come by. Want experience but don't pay for it.

Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your comments from Brisbane. I have passed your advice to the Senior Management team to review.

5. "great atmosphere, great people and rewarding work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are rewarded for your hard work through commission, incentives and awards. Great team atmosphere, every day is lively, fun and exciting!

Cons

long hours at times and high pressure environment

6. "Great Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are motivated by promotions, earning commission, continuous personal development Hays is a great career path. I personally started as an Intern during my placement year at university, after returning I worked within the finance recruitment sector and then progressed to manage a smaller office. Since then, I have moved to manage a much larger team/area. Hard work definitely pays off

Cons

The hours can be long but we now have hybrid working which means we can work from home and office.

7. "excellent organisation to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunity to develop, excellent training, working with an organisation with a credible reputation, good communication from and to all levels, friendly and supportive culture across all regions, hard work and success is celebrated and well rewarded - both financially or with appropriate recognition or events (where possible!), opportunity to develop and nurture excellent and long-lasting customer relationships.

Cons

none if you are prepared to put in the work

8. COVID-19

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Training at all levels throughout your career. The people and culture are at the forefront of the business. Great rewards and incentives which makes the hard work worth it. Excellent career progression, and we have market leading technology available which is continuously updated and improved.

Cons

Hours can be long but it's worth it once you start seeing the rewards pay off.

Continue reading
  9. "good place to ptogress"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to progress if you put in the hard work

Cons

very K P I driven

10. "Accelerate career growth and meritocratic culture"

Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The workplace runs with a meritocratic and work-hard play-hard culture. It provides clear career advancement and promotion goals and plans. As a fresh grad that joined, given the clear goals and direction provided, I am able step into management in an accelerated timeline. The place celebrates and rewards top performers and high achievers. After a couple years, the place also gives opportunities for me to explore new challenges and initiatives.

Cons

As the place has relatively higher standards in terms terms of targets or productivity level. For the first few years, new joiners will need to put in extra effort and time if we are to aim for fast-track promotions - this can be tough for many new joiners when they are adapting at first.

Found 154 reviews