Hays Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

Found 155 of over 4,242 reviews

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,899 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people(in 161 reviews)

• "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Certain times of year bring long hours(in 495 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Loved it here!!! One of the best places I've ever worked!

May 4, 2017 - Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Management are fantastic, offer you development and value in your career. Supportive environment. Loyal to their employees and you can always trust they will do what they say they will do. They genuinely value their employees. Will do what they can to make it work for you. Training is fantastic! Career development is great. Hard work is rewarded. Global reach. Its just an all round great place to work.

Cons

Perhaps the commission structure. Although being a bigger business they do tend to have more of a reach so it does tend to even out.

Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you Melbourne, I'll be sure to share your comments with Nick, Tim and the team in VIC. All the best in your future career.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great training and development opportunities

Jan 31, 2020 - Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training, a clear development path to leadership. Work hard play hard culture.

Cons

Can be a little political, salaries and commission could be higher.

HR Advisor ANZ

We are delighted to hear about your positive experience with our industry leading training and development opportunities at Hays. We are proud of our fair and transparent commission structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance. We would recommend that you share your feedback with your Manager or our HR Advisor, Danielle Marshall at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Associate Consultant

Nov 19, 2016 - Associate Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have only been here for 5 weeks but everyone I have met so far at Hays have been so friendly and supportive, and you wouldn't even know you're speaking to senior consultants/managers or even directors. The training is second to none. I'm really amazed with how detailed the training is, whether it's class, book or online training plus the on the job training you constantly get as well. The team culture is amazing as well where they do reward your hard work with drinks, prizes etc

Cons

None so far. Definitely long hours but you won't notice at all because they literally fly by! I love the fact that you're constantly busy.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your review from Melbourne. It's great to hear that regardless of global location the message is consistent and you have all the support and tools to help you become a great recruiting expert. Good luck in your M1 and M2 training which will no doubt be coming up very soon. Looking forward to hearing from you again in 2017 when you are promoted to recruitment consultant. All the best.

4. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Recruitment on the Up and Up

Nov 13, 2015 - Recruitment Consultant in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment. Rewards based on hard work. Recognition for going beyond the call if duty.

Cons

Salary is a little low for the workload required. Entry level work hard to come by. Want experience but don't pay for it.

Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your comments from Brisbane. I have passed your advice to the Senior Management team to review.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Remuneration

Jan 19, 2021 - Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get the autonomy and rewarded for your hard work.

Cons

A lot of external factors in this job.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, great culture, rewarding career

Jan 13, 2021 - Manager in Petaling Jaya
      Business Outlook

Pros

Untapped earning potential Young and dynamic workforce Definitely a fun, work hard play hard environment

Cons

Pros certainly outweigh the cons here, and any cons would be minor when compared to pros

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Challenging yet rewarding

Jan 11, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your hard work will be paid off.

Cons

Extremely stressful on hitting KPIs

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

great atmosphere, great people and rewarding work!

Sep 16, 2020 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are rewarded for your hard work through commission, incentives and awards. Great team atmosphere, every day is lively, fun and exciting!

Cons

long hours at times and high pressure environment

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Career Opportunities

Sep 15, 2020 - Manager in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are motivated by promotions, earning commission, continuous personal development Hays is a great career path. I personally started as an Intern during my placement year at university, after returning I worked within the finance recruitment sector and then progressed to manage a smaller office. Since then, I have moved to manage a much larger team/area. Hard work definitely pays off

Cons

The hours can be long but we now have hybrid working which means we can work from home and office.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

excellent organisation to work for

Sep 7, 2020 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to develop, excellent training, working with an organisation with a credible reputation, good communication from and to all levels, friendly and supportive culture across all regions, hard work and success is celebrated and well rewarded - both financially or with appropriate recognition or events (where possible!), opportunity to develop and nurture excellent and long-lasting customer relationships.

Cons

none if you are prepared to put in the work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Reviews