Hays Employee Reviews about "working hours"

Updated 14 Sep 2020

3.8
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,566 Ratings
Pros
  • "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 154 reviews)

• "Supportive and offer solid career progression options(in 151 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours on occasion if desk gets busy(in 475 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 136 reviews)

Reviews about "working hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great opportunities for consultants"

4.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Brisbane

I worked at Hays full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hays have a fantastic career path for consultants and the best training in the industry. Systems are far better than any other agency and the time and money spent on continuously updating the systems is amazing. There are some great perks - wellness days, Hays rewards, the Entertainment Book. Generally there is a fantastic culture in each office, positive and inclusive.

Cons

Salaries are lower than most other agencies, there are limited opportunities for support staff outside of head office, very long working hours and working from home or flexibility with hours is limited / not encouraged.

HR Coordinator

We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Hays and highlighting our career opportunities, industry leading training and resources together with our range of employee benefits. We are proud of our fair and transparent commission structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance together with our Flex@Hays options. We would be interested in learning more about your experience and invite you to an Exit Interview if you have not yet participated in one already. Please contact me directly at Rubylea.Sellers@Hays.com.au if you would like to arrange a time to discuss these concerns. Thank you for your feedback.

"Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training and development, career opportunities

Cons

Long working hours, no work life balance

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We’re proud of our world class training programmes and career development opportunities. As a business, we are committed to supporting our employees to be their best professionally and personally and encourage flexible work practices through our Flex@Hays programme. If you have any questions or concerns, we recommend speaking to your RD. Wishing you an incredible career here at Hays!

3. "Senior Recruitment Consultant"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training provided for new starters, great culture and people and work hard pay hard attitude. Fantastic database to find candidates the best in the business and no grey areas with commission.

Cons

Long working hours, no flexibility to work remotely very KPI driven.

Hays Response

Thank you for your review.

"Demotivating and Toxic"

1.0
    Former Employee - Payroll Officer in Sydney

I worked at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, friendly and hard working team in the department. The people keep you in the job not the job or company itself.

Cons

Micromanagement and NO PRIVACY. Normal 8.30 to 5 working hours not enough for the workload. unrealistic expectations. Playing favourites with current managers who are lazy and only good for passing work to already overloaded staff! No reward, recognition or appreciation for hard work. Very toxic and demotivating environment.

Head of Internal Recruitment

Your review is really disheartening and although I do not work for payroll in Sydney, I have a few friends that do and as such am very surprised to hear you think the environment is toxic. Regardless and out of respect for you taking the time to share your thoughts, I have passed your comments onto the head of HR to review and action accordingly.

"Mircomanaging pretenders"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to get insights into industries you may like to work in.

Cons

Many consultants are not educated professionals and lack the research skills to do the job well. It is frustrating to work with an office full of sales people pretending to be specialists in a certain area of the labour market. Long compulsory working hours and constant micromanagement create a toxic working environment. There is an extremely high turnover of staff.

"Recruitment battery farm"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Surrounded by hard working colleagues, blue-chip clients, brand value of Hays makes business development easier

Cons

long working hours, not very supportive management that humiliate and intimidate to foster performance amongst team members, negative reinforcement, cutthroat, high turnover, favouritism, unhealthy competition

Continue reading
  7. "good training for a graduate."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

good balance of structured training and on the job training. Well established business enjoyable staff culture

Cons

long working hours Some parts of the business had a high turnover of staff due to pressure to meet KPI's

8. "If you put your all into the task, you can achieve anything!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Office Environment and colleagues Opportunities across personal development Meritocracy

Cons

Long working hours can be a challenge, if you are not used to them

Continue reading
  9. "Great culture, career development and progression!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Fantastic training and development programmes, that are offered on a continuous basis - The more effective database and resources to use on the market - Excellent team environment/ competitive and attractive incentives. Regularly rewards for your hard word. Corporate away days/ meals/ drinks/ shopping vouchers - Global brand that is well known in the market, already a lot of established, long term relationships with some of the biggest companies around - Progression and development opportunities. You are always kept in line with targets to help reach your next promotion. Its well explained how you get to your next promotion, and rough time frames are provided. You do not always need to follow the one career path as a fee earning consultant, you can move into other areas of the business. Team management, HR &L&D to name a few.

Cons

- Not much flexibility around working hours

10. "Good company to start out of university"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Company culture 2. Opportunity to work with interesting clients 3. Opportunity to buy annual leave 4. Great training

Cons

1. Working hours 2. High pressure

Found 136 reviews