Hays Employee Reviews about "working hours"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

Found 141 of over 4,242 reviews

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,899 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people(in 161 reviews)

• "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Certain times of year bring long hours(in 495 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good experience with Hays

Nov 24, 2020 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Geelong
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Process driven and structured organization - Good working culture - Interactive team members - Take care of its employees

Cons

- Working hours are very long

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your 5 star rating! We are delighted to hear that you are having a positive experience at Hays.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great opportunities for consultants

Aug 12, 2019 - Manager in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hays have a fantastic career path for consultants and the best training in the industry. Systems are far better than any other agency and the time and money spent on continuously updating the systems is amazing. There are some great perks - wellness days, Hays rewards, the Entertainment Book. Generally there is a fantastic culture in each office, positive and inclusive.

Cons

Salaries are lower than most other agencies, there are limited opportunities for support staff outside of head office, very long working hours and working from home or flexibility with hours is limited / not encouraged.

HR Coordinator

We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Hays and highlighting our career opportunities, industry leading training and resources together with our range of employee benefits. We are proud of our fair and transparent commission structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance together with our Flex@Hays options. We would be interested in learning more about your experience and invite you to an Exit Interview if you have not yet participated in one already. Please contact me directly at Rubylea.Sellers@Hays.com.au if you would like to arrange a time to discuss these concerns. Thank you for your feedback.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Associate Consultant

May 19, 2019 - Associate Consultant in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and development, career opportunities

Cons

Long working hours, no work life balance

1 person found this review helpful

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We’re proud of our world class training programmes and career development opportunities. As a business, we are committed to supporting our employees to be their best professionally and personally and encourage flexible work practices through our Flex@Hays programme. If you have any questions or concerns, we recommend speaking to your RD. Wishing you an incredible career here at Hays!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Senior Recruitment Consultant

Mar 13, 2018 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training provided for new starters, great culture and people and work hard pay hard attitude. Fantastic database to find candidates the best in the business and no grey areas with commission.

Cons

Long working hours, no flexibility to work remotely very KPI driven.

Hays Response

Thank you for your review.

5. 1.0

Demotivating and Toxic

Jun 11, 2017 - Payroll Officer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, friendly and hard working team in the department. The people keep you in the job not the job or company itself.

Cons

Micromanagement and NO PRIVACY. Normal 8.30 to 5 working hours not enough for the workload. unrealistic expectations. Playing favourites with current managers who are lazy and only good for passing work to already overloaded staff! No reward, recognition or appreciation for hard work. Very toxic and demotivating environment.

5 people found this review helpful

Head of Internal Recruitment

Your review is really disheartening and although I do not work for payroll in Sydney, I have a few friends that do and as such am very surprised to hear you think the environment is toxic. Regardless and out of respect for you taking the time to share your thoughts, I have passed your comments onto the head of HR to review and action accordingly.

6. 1.0

Mircomanaging pretenders

Jun 6, 2016 - Recruitment Consultant in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia
      Business Outlook

Pros

Able to get insights into industries you may like to work in.

Cons

Many consultants are not educated professionals and lack the research skills to do the job well. It is frustrating to work with an office full of sales people pretending to be specialists in a certain area of the labour market. Long compulsory working hours and constant micromanagement create a toxic working environment. There is an extremely high turnover of staff.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Recruitment battery farm

Jun 24, 2014 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Surrounded by hard working colleagues, blue-chip clients, brand value of Hays makes business development easier

Cons

long working hours, not very supportive management that humiliate and intimidate to foster performance amongst team members, negative reinforcement, cutthroat, high turnover, favouritism, unhealthy competition

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

good training for a graduate.

Apr 10, 2013 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

good balance of structured training and on the job training. Well established business enjoyable staff culture

Cons

long working hours Some parts of the business had a high turnover of staff due to pressure to meet KPI's

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, tough work during a pandemic

Jan 19, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, culture, energy and vibe to the office (which managers have tried their hardest to replicate remotely). The majority of people care about you in the role

Cons

Long working hours, difficult role in a lockdown. Long hours and terrible work life balance

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company but could do better

Nov 19, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good support and training, fun atmosphere, lots of social engagements prior to Covid.

Cons

Salary and commission structure could be improved in line with competitors. Working hours do not support a good work/life balance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 141 Reviews