Heartland Dental Reviews

Updated 3 Aug 2020

3.9
Heartland Dental President & Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer
Pros
  • "We get great benefits, awesome continuing education courses all over the U(in 68 reviews)

• "When my doctor partnered with Heartland I left 3 days in and did not even give it a chance(in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • "Alot of spiteful people in upper management(in 41 reviews)

• "Free dental services for you and your dependents is limited to what YOUR dentist can do(in 41 reviews)

1. "Constant Intimidation Tactics and Poor Management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Savannah, GA

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

benefits only because a lot of private dental offices have none

Cons

constant pressure to produce more, laughable bonus incentives

2. "Overall good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Company support, marketing team to bring in new patients

Cons

Push to hit benchmarks but depends on the Dr

July 27, 2020HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your time with Heartland Dental and your comments are much appreciated.

3. "Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Assistant in Charleston, IL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great support, flexible, great benefits

Cons

Compensation at times is low.

July 27, 2020HR

We believe one of our biggest assets is our people, so thank you for being a dedicated member of the Heartland Dental family. We are happy to hear you're enjoying the support and other benefits we offer. There is always room for improvement, and we're always looking for ways we can do better. Thank you for your feedback.

4. "Still about corporate numbers"

4.0
    Current Employee - Dentist

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Salary, CE, location, and benefits

Cons

Little help or understanding from regional managers... Comes down to "numbers" like most corporations.

July 27, 2020HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the training and benefits you receive as part of the Heartland Dental family. We read all reviews in an effort to take the information that has been provided and maintain or improve the support we offer. Your feedback will allow us to do just that. If you like to speak with us further about your concerns, we encourage you to send us an email at feedback@heartland.com. Thank you again for your review!

5. "Dental Assistant"

5.0
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Zamboanga, Zamboanga

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good earning potential. Varying job duties. Nice work environment. Possibility of flexibility. Career advancement opportunities.

Cons

long hours. helping people. helping duringprocedures. sociable hours. getting to meet new people

July 27, 2020HR

We appreciate you taking the time to write this detailed review! One of the reasons we are able to offer great support is because of team members like you. Thank you for the contributions while you were part of the Heartland Dental supported network. Taking care of our people is extremely important to us and feedback like your own helps us know where we're successful in addition to what areas we can do better.

6. "Nepotistic, brainwashing company with too much drama and no work/life balance. "Management" ceases to exist."

Former Employee - Senior Credentialing Coordinator in Effingham, IL

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zero. Zero. Zero. Zero. Zero.

Cons

Too many to list. Benefits are terrible. Inexperienced, overly dramatic, "wanna be's" make their way to the top by acting as a puppet on a string.

July 27, 2020HR

Know your feedback is important to us, and we take these comments seriously. We'd like to hear more from you, so we can better address the issue. Please reach out to feedback@heartland.com.

7. "Great Educational Opportunity"

Former Employee - Practice Manager of Operations

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vast amounts of training and courses through Heartland. Good Benefits Pay is ok Job Security-Heartland is constantly growing so there is always opportunity.

Cons

You have to know someone to actually be able to grow within the company. As a PMO you work extremely hard, while your RMO sits at home on her/his email and is constantly micromanaging everything that you do. When they are actually in the practice (which is rare is only for a couple of hours)they manage people around vs leading by example and coaching us on how to get better. Although your office is extremely profitable it will never be enough and you are always made to feel as if you are not doing good enough and can do better.

June 30, 2020HR

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and provide us your feedback. While we are glad you enjoyed the opportunities and benefits Heartland Dental offers, we are disappointed to hear your other comments. However, we take all feedback very seriously and will continue to use this forum to build an even better Heartland Dental. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

8. COVID-19

"Poor handling of COVID; WORK LIKE A DOG"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Upper management is great! Lower management is phenomenal! Great PEOPLE to work with, very BOSSY leadership. Accounting department is SOLID! Great place to learn and contribute to a group that works hard.

Cons

Pay is below market value, treatment of employees is poor, and the handling of any crisis is absolutely terrible. HARD work - they will work you to the bone. I spent many days in the office until 8pm, then had mandatory start time at 8am; I was blamed for staying too late. My office was filled with remote workers, which is not an ideal situation for any company.

June 30, 2020HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with Heartland Dental. It concerns us that you had a negative experience, especially because things like work-life balance and making sure each of our team members is comfortable are important to us. We strive to make Heartland Dental a long-term career option for all members of our supported network. If you would like to share more about your time with us, please email feedback@heartland.com. Thank you again for your review.

9. "Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule was nice until it wasn’t and paid well

Cons

Management, very much so about the numbers and not the patients, they do not care about you and very very clicky.

July 27, 2020HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience at one of our supported offices. Our goal is to provide positive, proactive environments for our employees to thrive. We are committed to making changes where necessary and will consider your feedback. If you'd like to discuss the situation further, please reach out to us at feedback@heartland.com. Thank you again for sharing with us.

"All about the $$$ - Production "Factory" - NO REAL emphasis on Patient Care"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist

I have been working at Heartland Dental part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefit package offered at some levels.

Cons

High turnover at the PMO level. (Never even had one since I've been employed.) All talk about "Patient Care", but really it's about the $$$$$$. The company institutes all these "Patient Care Standards", but they're all BS. It's all about the numbers, the production, and the money. Disgusting! Tons of unnecessary treatment "stressed". Standards state that EVERY patient NEEDS X,Y, & Z. OVERLOAD!!!! The company entices offices with incentives to have new and wonderful technology by pushing unnecessary treatment on patients just to increase numbers and production. True "FACTORY" setting. ****If you care at all about your patients and ethical treatment, DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!****

June 30, 2020HR

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We value this forum because it allows us to learn and improve based on what team members share, and we're disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience with Heartland Dental. It's our goal to make all team members, supported doctors, hygienists and otherwise, feel valued and provide them with a comfortable and productive work environment in their supported office. If you'd like to discuss your experience further, please reach out to us at feedback@heartland.com.

Found 314 reviews