Heartland Dental Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 795 reviews

3.9
Heartland Dental CEO Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer
Pros
  • "Extensive training and continuing education(in 62 reviews)

• "The organization and training is very helpful for the doctor as well as the remaining members of the dental team(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "Must be an employee as a dentist, cannot be an independent contractor(in 38 reviews)

• "poor upper management, lots of turn over(in 36 reviews)

1. "World Class Company"

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong culture built on our Vision, Mission and Core Values that is expected throughout the Organization. Interesting job opportunities in a fast growing company. World Class education opportunities for Supported Dentists.

Cons

You have to be willing to be flexible because things change and we are expected to change and have to with our rate of growth.

2. "A Hands On CEO"

Current Employee - Dentist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Mr Bauer Is a true leader for this company. He has always had an open door policy and is very approachable. He is always aware of the changes being made and will help anyone in need.

Cons

As the company has grown his one on one time has decreased which is pretty normal for a company our size.

3. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - PMO in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They invest in their employee's and really want them to succeed and feel important.

Cons

Sometimes things can be repetitive on goals and tasks.

4. "Pat Rocks!!!!!"

Current Employee - Chief Medical Officer in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The ability to see pts and not having to spend family/personal time taking to take care of business tasks.

Cons

None at all for cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive for greatness and help us all achieve as well.

Heartland Dental2019-06-19
  5. "Opportunity like no other"

Current Employee - PMO in Flint, MI

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunity alone makes this company stand far above any other DSO. The patient's happiness is the number one priority, which puts my mind at ease as that is not always the case but a huge priority to me. The training and support available sets up new employee's for success and employee retention is a strong company focus. Benefits package cannot be beat.

Cons

As with any DSO communication can sometimes be a challenge as with any large corporation.

Advice to Management

I would love to spend more time with my RMO to try and improve my practice

Heartland Dental2019-06-19
  6. "Better have good people skills"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Dumfries, VA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Homeroom training, culture, flexible hours.

Cons

Doctor personalities, strict labor %, low staffing often at times.

Advice to Management

Holding the BA dept. to such a low staffing level kills an office when BA leaves and a PMO then has to scramble to fill an already high demand position.

Heartland Dental2019-06-19
  7. "Grateful for Heartland"

Current Employee - General Dentist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been working with Heartland for 8 yrs and have really enjoyed it. They allow me to practice dentistry without pressure of type of work or quotas. But they take care of all the BS I used to have to spend time doing when I was the owner. Now I can put more time in working as an actual dentist..that’s what I thought I was going to be doing! Now I am.

Cons

You might find how “average” you are as a dentist. We can see everyone’s production and I am very average..they have some high producers.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing the dentist to decide what services are best for the patient. Makes me feel proud to work for the group and sleep well knowing I did what I would want to be done for my own family.

Heartland Dental2019-06-19
  8. "The best way to practice dentistry"

Current Employee - Dentist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with the company for 5 years. Heartland has not only accelerated my career, but also shaped me into a better person. I'm a better father, friend, and husband because of the leadership courses that Heartland teaches. By implementing Heartland systems I have become one of the top dentists in the nation at age 33 and I'm moving towards my goal of being able to retire well at age 45. I'm loving every minute of...

Cons

Sometimes communication with Home Office can be challenging.

9. "Mixed bag"

Current Employee - Business Associate in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The executive leadership and the mission, vision, values of the company are absolutely excellent. Management jumped through hoops when I needed to change job roles and office locations. Decent personal development opportunities. Good culture.

Cons

Pay is not always equivalent to expectations and responsibilities. There are several retail or quick-service restaurants in my area that have a higher entry-level starting pay, while Heartland expects me to have dental/medical office experience. Benefits are so-so. Your experience with the company (which as a whole is 5-Star) will be very dependent on the management at the office and sub-regional level...and that may...

Advice to Management

Invest more into PMO/RMO training, make sure that the mission/vision/values are being followed, give business assistants more pay, more support, or lower expectations. At our office, our PMO/RMO handicap us due to the P&L when I know that adding another BA would help the office be more successful

Heartland Dental2019-06-19
  10. "Great company but growing too fast"

Current Employee - General Dentist in Naples, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great way to learn about the business of dentistry, great ability to bonus, can be involved as much or as little as you want to be in regards to the operations of your office. Good CE courses available. Able to talk with thousands of dentists and ask feedback on email chain.

Cons

Becoming too big, too quickly. Same direct marketing for every office and websites all are very easy to tell they are "Heartland" so it is difficult to have your office "stand out" from the others. A lot of focus of the administration is on money these days with pressure to make certain money goals. Administrators are financially rewarded when a practice does well and get accolades as if they are the ones making the difference,...

Advice to Management

A different marketing strategy needs to be determined for each office. Recruiting of quality doctors with realistic expectations are needed. Doctors should all of the same base pay especially in the same office. Culture and Values are slipping away and need to go back to 2014 and before culture. We need to stop opening up multiple offices all within 2 miles of each other.

Found 795 reviews