Hoag Memorial Hospital Reviews

Updated May 17, 2022

Found 473 of over 512 reviews

4.0
Hoag Memorial Hospital President & CEO Robert Braithwaite (no image)
Robert Braithwaite
Pros
  • "Worked here for 12 years had all my kids at Hoag(in 36 reviews)

• "Good place to work good benefits(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no cons of working at Hoag(in 31 reviews)

• "Low pay compared to other hospitals(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Proud to be a Hoagie

May 17, 2022 - Patient Care Assistant (PCA) in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn so much. Great team of people, everyone knows their stuff, very professional and great team work. We all help each other out. Very positive attitudes all round. We can laugh together at how hard it can get, celebrate our wins, console each other on our losses. So proud to be part of such an amazing team and the opportunity to learn so much from the very best. Grateful Hoag took a chance on me. Happy to be there.

Cons

It can get really impossibly busy! This is a TOUGH job and not for the fainthearted. And yes, we get paid horribly for what we do. But I'm not doing this for the money anyway, so that doesn't matter to me.

Continue reading
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Hospital

May 17, 2022 - Clinical Nurse I in Newport Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful coworkers and supportive staff.

Cons

Politics, like any other position or workplace.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

May 10, 2022 - Front Office Assistant in Anaheim, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training was great. Management was awesome and great pay

Cons

I can't think of any cons

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nurse

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team! Hardworking doctors Great environment Lovely patients Flexible managers No stress All things good!!

Cons

Nothing at all. Everything was A+.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall environment

May 6, 2022 - Nutrition Assistant in Newport Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits and little perks. Pay is higher than surrounding areas based on experience. Great way to get your foot in the door for clinical experience.

Cons

Turnaround for employees is very high because they hire a lot of nutrition students.

TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoy all of Hoag's great benefits and perks! At Hoag, we help care for our people so they can focus on our mission of caring for our patients and our community. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company and employer

May 6, 2022 - Quality Specialist in Newport Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Not a very good level to start a career or for entry level.

TA Specialist

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and review! At Hoag, we consider ourselves a family and it is wonderful to hear that it has offered you a collaborative environment to grow and develop. We strive to create an environment where our staff can succeed with their peers. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great resources, average pay

May 2, 2022 - Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hoag is a great at investing in their employees and supporting them in becoming more highly skilled medical professionals.

Cons

The pay at Hoag is average to slightly below average when compared to other hospitals in the area.

TA Specialist

Thank you for your review! We recognize that part of fulfilling our great mission is taking care of the people who are contributing toward our advancements. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. Our team actively seeks new and improved ways to better care for our employees, so your feedback is valued! We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Registered Nurse review p

May 1, 2022 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff, great administration, highly recommend for those looking for a bedside nurse job.

Cons

They pay less than most other hospitals.

TA Specialist

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and review! At Hoag, we consider ourselves a family and it is wonderful to hear that it has offered you a collaborative environment to grow and develop. We strive to create an environment where our staff can succeed with their peers. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag!

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Ok place to work

May 13, 2022 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice facility, great healthcare, great team work amongst nursing staff

Cons

old boys club is strong and alive here

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

great place to work

Apr 27, 2022 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

good salary, friendly staff, clean environment

Cons

i do not see any cons

TA Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the wide range of benefits that Hoag provides, along with friendly colleagues, and a clean environment. At Hoag, we help care for our people so they can focus on our mission of caring for our patients and our community. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 473 Reviews

Hoag Memorial Hospital Reviews FAQs

Hoag Memorial Hospital has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 512 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Hoag Memorial Hospital to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hoag Memorial Hospital employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hoag Memorial Hospital. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

74% of Hoag Memorial Hospital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hoag Memorial Hospital 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Hoag Memorial Hospital Job Seekers