Hoag Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Oct 9, 2021

Found 16 of over 530 reviews

4.0
Hoag Memorial Hospital President & CEO Robert Braithwaite (no image)
Robert Braithwaite
Pros
  • "Worked here for 12 years had all my kids at Hoag(in 36 reviews)

• "Good place to work good benefits(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no cons of working at Hoag(in 31 reviews)

• "Low pay compared to other hospitals(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0

Great mission but Challenging time with Pandemic

Oct 9, 2021 - Software Engineer Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice location at Newport Beach, Access to Hosptial, Healthcare, and Medical community, Good benefits, and good location

Cons

Working at Hoag during the pandemic was challenging, to say the least. I came onto a team that previously had a long rep sheet of attrition. With all the attrition, comes a lot of lost domain knowledge and good practice, which makes it more difficult for new team members to figure things out. During my time working at Hoag, I was on various different projects, my work was focused on fixing bugs and keeping the system afloat for the old service and websites. While the team members and management became more fragmented, some of the people who were working on the application and main sites left the company. I noticed that there are more contractors and vendors on-site compared to Hoag employees. As one of the remaining engineers, I was expected to keep up the work volume with a lack of support. It quickly became a big stress ball as I found myself fixing outages or different technical issues. With COVID surge and recent changes in the Hospital Staffing shortage and job burnout, I cannot say that I would recommend Hoag to anyone else who is interested in working for Hoag. Hoag is a good hospital that cares about patients, but I would not recommend working there.

6 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0

Great Place to work

Aug 1, 2021 - Rad Technologist in Garden Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, quality staff, good benefits

Cons

Often understaffed, as patient loads have increased we are stuck with part time front office staff which creates delays

TA Specialist

Thank you for your review! We recognize that part of fulfilling our great mission is taking care of the people who are contributing toward our advancements. We are happy to hear that Hoag offers good benefits. At Hoag, we help care for our people so they can focus on our mission of caring for our patients and our community. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Can’t recommend

Jul 30, 2021 - Employee Health Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have weekends and holidays off, good pay, and good benefits.

Cons

Management, work load, support, favoritism. You are either inside or outside of the click. If you speak your mind (like they encourage) it will be used against you. Toxic environment and one very rude and condescending business analyst.

3 people found this review helpful

TA Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your review and feedback. We are happy to hear that Hoag offers good benefits. At Hoag, we help care for our people so they can focus on our mission of caring for our patients and our community. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life. We're sorry to hear about your experience with management. We’d like to emphasize that our executive and management team cares immensely about providing safety and support for their employees. We take our employee’s experiences seriously and will utilize your feedback to continuously improve our process moving forward.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Working in the OR

Jun 24, 2021 - Certified Surgical Technologist in Newport Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had great OR managers who supported my desire to progress and move from a Tech1 to Tech 4 in less than 5 years, and I did it. Good benefits. Decent insurance. Nice 401k w/matching contribution, plus Safe Harbor contributions, and when feasible, bonuses.

Cons

There's always someone who wants to put vinegar in your cornflakes, but if you ignore them and focus on your own job, it's ok.

TA Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback and review! We're thrilled to hear that your managers provided you the support to continuously grow and develop. At Hoag, we help care for our people so they can focus on our mission of caring for our patients and our community. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hoag hospital

Apr 4, 2021 - Nutrition Assistant in Newport Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits (part-time and full-time), in pre-pandemic times there are little perks (employee appreciation days, holidays parties, bbqs)

Cons

Departments struggle to work with each other, low annual raises

TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We pride ourselves on investing in our employees. As your career at Hoag evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to evolve with you. Our team actively seeks new and improved ways to better care for our employees, so your feedback is valued! Thank you!

6. 4.0

Good place

Feb 8, 2021 - Nutrition Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work good benefits

Cons

A lot of drama high turnover rate

TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our work benefits. At Hoag, we help care for our people so they can focus on our mission of caring for our patients and our community. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Nov 11, 2020 - Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large company with good benefits

Cons

none at this time for me

TA Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write the following review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, education, and vacation that Hoag has to offer. We appreciate your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good

Sep 25, 2020 - Medical Assistant in Irvine, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and great pay

Cons

Overall great place to work

TA Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag for over 3 years! At Hoag, we help care for our people so they can focus on our mission of caring for our patients and our community. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life. We’re happy to hear that you enjoy our wide range of benefits!

9. 4.0

Salary

Aug 7, 2020 - Front Office Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, Good coworkers, flexible hours, good location, quiet

Cons

Micro managed, talked down to, no room for growth, gossip, overworked

TA Specialist

Thank you for your review! At Hoag, we help care for our people so they can focus on our mission of caring for our patients and our community. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life. It’s important that we recognize different leadership styles within multiple departments. We’d like to emphasize that our executive and management team cares immensely about providing safety and support for their employees. We appreciate and value your hard work at Hoag.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Mar 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and good management

Cons

They can be managed better

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews