Hoag Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Oct 28, 2021

Found 14 of over 530 reviews

4.0
Hoag Memorial Hospital President & CEO Robert Braithwaite (no image)
Robert Braithwaite
Pros
  • "Worked here for 12 years had all my kids at Hoag(in 36 reviews)

• "Good place to work good benefits(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no cons of working at Hoag(in 31 reviews)

• "Low pay compared to other hospitals(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Work

Oct 18, 2021 - Assistant Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

Pay is low and benefits are not great

TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We’re happy to hear that you had a good amount of work-life balance within your role. At Hoag, we help care for our people so they can focus on our mission of caring for our patients and our community. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok job

Oct 28, 2021 - LVN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Up to date EMR system

Cons

Low pay than most LVN jobs

TA Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're happy to hear that you value the state-of-the-art technology at our facilities. At Hoag, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. Our team actively seeks new and improved ways to better care for our employees, so your feedback is valued!

3. 4.0

Honest review

Sep 28, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Resources, teamwork oriented, magnet hospital

Cons

Low pay compared to surrounding hospitals, under staffed (universal for nursing, right?), good lower level management however mediocre upper management.

TA Specialist

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and review! At Hoag, we consider ourselves a family and it is wonderful to hear that it has offered you a teamwork-oriented environment to grow and develop. We strive to create an environment where our staff can succeed with their peers. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. As your career at Hoag evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to evolve with you. We know that when Hoag provides the tools to support you and your loved ones quality of life, you can take better care of our patients and the community. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

4. 2.0

Dishwasher

Oct 6, 2021 - Dishwasher in Newport Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

We are given gifts for holidays

Cons

Given Low pay, terrible management.

TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We’d like to emphasize that our executive and management team cares immensely about providing safety and support for their employees. At Hoag, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. Our team actively seeks new and improved ways to better care for our employees, so your feedback is valued!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Worth it if you plan on advancing in healthcare

Aug 19, 2021 - Patient Transporter in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment Flexible schedule for school Good stepping stone job

Cons

Understaffed Low pay compared to other hospitals Laborious

TA Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that Hoag has been an organization that has provided you growth opportunities in a supportive environment. At Hoag, we have created career advancement opportunities specifically designed to support the ongoing development of our staff. We appreciate your feedback!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Jul 15, 2021 - Licensed Practical Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and benefits

Cons

Staffing, coverage and pay is low

TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We pride ourselves on investing in our employees and we are thrilled to hear that Hoag is a great place to work! We know that when Hoag provides the tools to support you and your loved one's quality of life, you can take better care of our patients and the community. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation!

7. 3.0

Good company

May 26, 2021 - Front Office Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours constant work friendly environment trained well

Cons

low pay bad managers micro managed rumors rude people

TA Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are happy to hear that Hoag provides a work-friendly environment with well-trained staff. At Hoag, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good benefits

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits Hoag offered is great

Cons

Pay is low, high turn over.

TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We're happy to hear that the benefits at Hoag are great. At Hoag, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. Investing in our employees and their loved ones with a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation are tools that we hope support your quality of life.

9. 4.0

Beach

Oct 10, 2020 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful views. Great staff. Great place to work

Cons

Low pay. Bad management. Food

TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the stunning views of the ocean, and the amazing staff you work with. At Hoag, we consider ourselves a family and it is wonderful to hear that it has offered you a collaborative environment to grow and develop. We strive to create an environment where our staff can succeed with their peers. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 9, 2020 - Admitting Representative III in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO and benefits, love the people

Cons

no seniority and low pay

TA Specialist

We appreciate your feedback and review. At Hoag, we pride ourselves in investing in our employees. We know that when Hoag provides the tools to support you and your loved ones quality of life, you can take better care of our patients and the community. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, and vacation! We appreciate and value all your hard work. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews