Holiday Extras Reviews

Holiday Extras CEO Matthew Pack
Matthew Pack
  1. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

Staff Benefits, colleagues, low staff turnover, great work environment

Cons

Pay in some departments lower compared to other roles in area

2. "Fantastic company to work for"

Current Employee - PPC Executive in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great working together attitude, feels like a family with great initiatives. Well organised from the top down, and senior leadership team really care about every employee

Cons

Not really any downsides, maybe pay slightly less than average

"There needs to be more companies like this"

Current Employee - Guest Experience Specialist in Smeeth, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, the events, the company values, benefits are great and they stay ahead of the curve in employee wellbeing

Cons

lack of forks in the kitchen at lunchtime is my only complaint most days

"Warning"

1.0
    Former Employee - Business

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexi hours Working from home

Cons

- HR are wholly ineffective - Most management are self-serving and do little to support - Huge pay discrepancy between management and employees - The company stifles individuality, wanting to create HX individuals rather than celebrate individual's talents and personalities

December 4, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear that you feel this way and this is not the experience we want people to have. I’d really like the opportunity to speak with you to understand more about the points raised in your review. If you’re able to get in touch to arrange the best way to speak, my email is kwakeman@holidayextras.com. It’s important to us that we create an environment where people can be themselves so they can thrive. We’re proud of our diverse team and want everyone to feel that they can wear their uniqueness with pride. I’m not sure when you left but we recently held a company-wide Diversity and Inclusion Workshop for people to share stories and identify how we can make Holiday Extras an even more inclusive place to work. The Workshop was open to all HXers as we believe that each and everyone of us has a part to play in shaping the culture and environment. The input and commitment from across the business has been fantastic and we’re excited to see the impact this has. While we are undertaking this work, we always want to hear how we can do better. So I do hope you get in touch as I’d like to learn more about your experience. If I don’t hear from you, I’d like to thank you again for your feedback and I wish you all the best for the future.

5. "A company that cares"

5.0
    Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Xompetative rates of pay, bonus you can work towards, supportive team, work benefits and discount schemes with outside partnerships. They put on alot of events for staff. Company really do care about their people and their wellbeing. Flexible work available for remote workers.

Cons

The work can be repetitive, with no breaks inbetween. Constant weekend and evening work for all part time workers is difficult to work around your family. Everything is done via technology, sometimes you feel like you will never physically have a face-to-face conversation again.

Continue reading
  6. "Top Company Who Make a Real Effort"

Current Employee - SEO Lead in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Holiday Extras make considerable effort to try and create a work environment that helps their employees thrive. They dedicate considerable resource into the welfare of their staff, trying to keep them as happy and engaged as possible with multiple initiatives focused around communication, development, reward and progression. A profit share scheme, Birthday's as holiday, company parties, flexible working hours, personal Macbooks, the ability to work from home, BBQ's and various fun little event's throughout the year, company benefits, long-service paid sabbaticals - these things all make for quite a generous package. There is an onus on encouraging employees to 'buy in' to the company and wanting to contribute as best as possible - wanting to drive success. There is plenty of give from Holiday Extras and they hope their employees want to give back. It's an approach that puts a responsibility on you. If you're the sort of person who embraces this, there is a freedom in many roles at Holiday Extras which really encourages initiative, creativity and productivity. The genuine pride in this company held by many of the senior staff is evident here. This is the quality control that runs through it and it is likewise adopted by a great many of it's employees .

Cons

I honestly think it would be unreasonable to post any cons here. In a company this size, it's impossible to make everything run absolutely perfectly and to keep everybody happy, but the steer from the top - the policies, the ethos and the effort in executing as much of this as possible, is spot on.

Continue reading
  7. "Holiday Extras Review"

5.0
    Current Employee - Email Marketing in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture is fantastic, there is very rarely a bad day at work.

Cons

Pay is sometimes an issue in comparison to other companies for the same roles.

Continue reading
  8. "The best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Email Marketing Manager

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than a year

Pros

Holiday Extras really care about welfare of their staff and everyone looks out for each other. They treat you like an adult and as a result it's easy to want to work hard and give back.

Cons

Thinking that I can think of

Continue reading
  9. "Good but pay is below average"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance, friendly people. Excellent profit sharing. Can work from home.

Cons

Pay is not transparent. Pay is always lowballed without any negotiation.

November 21, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear your comments about the friendliness of the team. It’s really important to our culture that we communicate in a way which is human, helpful and friendly - to each other and our customers. It’s also fantastic to hear that you have a good work-life balance - this is what we strive for and is at the heart of who we are and everything we do. Through our approach to things like flexible working, we want to empower our teams to have careers that work for them. While you see our profit share bonus as a positive, we’re sorry to read the rest of your comments about our pay processes. Over the last few years we have made strides towards greater transparency so that everyone is confident and informed about how pay decisions are made. Through feedback received in our last Engagement Check-in, we recognise the need to do more however, which is why we’re making further changes this year so that people have a better understanding of their total reward package and their future earning potential. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your review. We hope you were able to share your feedback in our very recent Engagement Check-in but you do speak to your manager or someone in my team if you’d prefer a conversation. You can also feed-back and ask questions at the Head of Tech Delivery’s AMA (Ask Me Anything) monthly sessions.

10. "decent"

4.0

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

nice coworkers and a good supervisor

Cons

long hours and short staffed

November 5, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for your review. We%E2%80%99re pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with your team and supervisor while you were at Holiday Extras. Our team%E2%80%99s wellbeing is our first priority. This includes making sure that we support each other so that everyone can achieve a balance between their home and work lives. As such, we were sorry to read your comments about your hours. If possible, we%E2%80%99d like to understand more about this and the team you were in so we can explore this further. If you are able to get in contact, my email address is: kwakeman@holidayextras.com. We also hope that you were able to communicate any concerns while you were here. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best for the future.

Found 148 reviews