Holiday Inn Club Vacations Senior Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Holiday Inn Club Vacations CEO Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson
  1. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay for the area Lots of development opportunities Easy commute

Cons

Lack of competent employees Terrible benefits Lots and lots of amnesia

Advice to Management

Evaluate your functional leaders more thoroughly. Specially in Resort Operations!

Holiday Inn Club Vacations2015-06-07
  2. "Senior Manager of Transportation. Fleet of massive numbers. Oversee other employees."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, slaary comparable to others in area.

Cons

Long hours ~ but to be expected with the fleet.

Advice to Management

Fair, very good communications.

Holiday Inn Club Vacations2013-08-21

"Leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Brownsville, VT

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company overall has good benefits, the salary is okay and also is the 401(k) program. Generally the employees are friendly and courteous to each other. The location is beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

The department budgets tend to be very aggressive and is difficult to adhere. Orange Lake Resorts is a small company but is acquiring many boutique resorts which seems to over stretch what they do well. The acquisitions for these new properties drive profit margins smaller thus creating aggressive budgets and at times seems unrealistic. At times we are severely understaffed causing issues when trying to find... coverage when unexpected events, such as employee resignations, occur. Multiple instances myself and others were expected to work over 21 consecutive days without compensation as a salaried employees due to the lack of coverage and support. My previous leader was inexperienced in my department and also lacked basic function know hows of the resort therefore unable, in my opinion, to grow and lead the business.

Advice to Management

The current GM is not involved with the day to day operation and the staff. The lack of experience and knowledge of operating a resort with the amenities and structure is preventing forward drive and execution. The current GM is attempting to maintain and is not perceived to be doing so at a high level. The GM's lack of leadership has created frustration and lack of confidence from their subordinates, creating... uncertainty in leading and driving the resort forward to create a high level of work conditions and guest experience. Please provide strong leadership to keep the staff engaged to provide excellence through there duties and work.

Holiday Inn Club Vacations2013-04-01