HomeServe UK Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 731 reviews

4.3
HomeServe UK CEO Greg Reed
Greg Reed
Pros
  • "HomeServe is a great place to work - the culture really is very people focused(in 70 reviews)

• "Access to senior management is very good(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • "No Cons at present, love working here(in 31 reviews)

• "Based on the outskirts of Walsall(in 27 reviews)

1. "Employer Review"

Current Employee - Employee Relations Officer in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic inclusive culture where diversity and inclusion is very strong. Career conversations are easy to make and they are part of your monthly 1 to 1. Fantastic facilities and great people to work with overall. It's an amazing organisation to be part of.

Cons

Nothing worth noting from my experience. We can always ask for more, however, there is nothing to be at an alarming stage that is worth noting at this stage.

Advice to Management

You are on the right path, keep going the way you do!

HomeServe UK2019-10-11

October 14, 2019

Thanks so much for leaving a review. You sound as though you are already involved in our diversity and inclusion commitments but just in case you would like to do more, join one of our employee networks - they are doing brilliant work and can always use more support.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Head of Transactional Processing in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great sense of team spirit and everyone works for each other’s and the companies success

Cons

There could sometimes be too many meetings

HomeServe UK2019-10-07

October 11, 2019UK CEO

Thanks for leaving a review!

3. "It's a family not a job"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Real sense of community and worth. We work as one to get things done and if something doesn't feel quite right we are empowered to make a change. We are listened to and supported and have a clear understanding of the vision of the company. I have worked here for over 12 years and have never been happier. It's not just a job, it's a family.

Cons

Nothing from me, it's a great place to work

Advice to Management

Continue to be approachable and transparent

October 11, 2019UK CEO

Thanks so much for leaving a review!

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Inbound Retention Agent in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The Retention department feels like a family everyone looks out for each other! -Over the years I've made some great friends -Coaching is always available to keep you on the right path -Numerous opportunities to progress within the business -Internal schemes to build your brand -Benefits portal

Cons

- We are one of the busiest departments during winter

5. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked at Homeserve for 13 years and I feel like part of a big family . Its a friendly place to work. Great support network, everyone is approachable makes you feel welcome. We put our customer at the heart of everything we do and I can say this is true as a company we go above and beyond for our customers and help them and this is why I am proud to work for Homeserve and will continue to do so for many... years.

Cons

No cons working for Homeserve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

HomeServe UK2019-09-30
  6. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked here for 4 years now and can hands down admit this is the friendliest company I have worked for with a very good vibe. You are trusted to do your job correctly without anyone looking over your shoulder. No matter what your job title is here you all have an input on business ideas and changes. Management is very approachable and will support you with whatever you may need. Another thing I think... Homeserve should be very proud of is their charity work and the care that we have for vulnerable customers that just need that extra bit of help.

Cons

In all departments, Homeserve always look to improve in some area as there is always room for improvement. While this is not a con I do think that change can be difficult for some people.

Advice to Management

Regardless who you are, be that person to propose new ideas. Speak up and express your opinions.

7. "HomeServe"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work on a great team we are like one big family nothing is too much trouble with we all helping each other. Homeserve Repairs Team we are a team where we help our Customers with a one off repair in there hour of need if not covered under policy or no cover with us at all. I work for a company who put Customers first and help vulnerable Customers. We also have Pizza days at work and free coffee and... Engagement days and have a Annual Christmas Party

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to book holidays and lunches and breaks are sometimes scheduled within hour of taking your morning break and then your lunch within hour of been bacvk on phone.

HomeServe UK2019-09-30
  8. "Most Exciting place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Director of Field Operations in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A workplace that truly cares about it's customers in a way I haven't ever seen before. It runs right through the organisation. Equally impressive is the way the company decides to give excellent customer service, which is to treat it's employees in the best possible way. The engagement scores, particularly for front line engineers, are class leading, which shows in the service given.

Cons

Fast pace of change will make this uncomfortable for some, but it's the price of progress!

Advice to Management

keep keeping on!

HomeServe UK2019-09-27

September 30, 2019UK CEO

Thank you for your review. I always say that we are all here to help our guys on the phones and in the vans give our Customers the best service they can and our service levels and Trust Pilot ratings reflect that. We should all be pretty proud of that.

9. "Great Customer service and great working culture"

Current Employee - Finance in Walsall, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The working culture of Homeserve is like a family. The people are great. Homeserve care about the customers. Customer satisfaction is more important than profit. Finally we have a great CFO who really cares about his team no matter what level you are working at. He makes the effort to talk to you when you are walking past and treats us all equally. Have never felt this comfortable around such a senior person before.... My direct manager is also great and has supported me in my career progression. Overall Homeserve is a great place to work. I have been recognised for the work I do by winning many awards.

Cons

Resource Planning - To many redundancies Senior managers make decisions not realising how it will affect staff who have worked extremely hard.

Advice to Management

Homeserve need to reward staff fairly and in accordance with market rate and other companies. Bonus needs to be more fair at the lower band.

HomeServe UK2019-09-27

October 2, 2019UK CFO

Thanks for your review! I hope that together we can continue to build on our "family culture". I understand your perspective on the "cons" you mention. I can assure you that we do think very carefully about any changes we make and to try to get things right.. but that doesn't mean that we always do. On your advice to management - we invested a significant effort over the last 12 months to increase the consistency in our pay and compensation and this included benchmarking of every role against the external market and making adjustments where pay "wasn't fair". If you have any personal concerns then please grab me for a chat.

10. "A Company that cares about its Customers and Colleagues"

Current Employee - Partnerships in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is clear and obvious that HomeServe really cares about its Customers but what's more apparent as my time here goes on is just how much they care about the colleagues. This is a business that is fully embracing Diversity & Inclusion, Mental Health Awareness, Flexibility in the workplace, Benefit programmes that surpass most other large organisations, career roadmaps........the list goes on.

Cons

None, you really get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and acting upon feedback, it goes a long way to ensuring a happy workforce.

HomeServe UK2019-09-26