HomeServe UK Reviews

Updated 3 Aug 2020

4.3
HomeServe UK CEO Greg Reed
Greg Reed
Pros
  • "Just a great place to work, great product and great culture(in 75 reviews)

• "The professional manner the Senior Management team at Homeserve handled the impact of Covid19(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I can think of(in 36 reviews)

• "Based on the outskirts of Walsall(in 28 reviews)

1. "Truly a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great People and a real family culture has been built where everyone is friendly and supportive. Leadership is clear with no barriers and communication is thorough. Our CEO is a real People's person and offers a open door policy meaning you can speak to him directly. Career progression is great with lots of room to develop into a role within an area you truly desire. A great balance of work and fun.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

2. COVID-19

"Fantastic company to work for"

Current Employee - Coach in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having had COVID-19 my manager really supported me through the most difficult time of my life. Regular communication whilst I was in hospital to ensure I was ok and that continued when I came out of hospital as well. Our CEO sent an email to the entire company for well wishes whilst I was in hospital Our company did not furlough anyone and ensured everyone was safe during this difficult time The company is like a big family and always look out for each other Great car parking spaces Great career progression opportunities for those who want to progress

Cons

No cons that I can think of

3. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Plumber in London, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for homeserve is the best thing that’s happened to me I love it everyday is different, management are great

Cons

Nothing I can think of

4. "Enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

Good progression opportunities Working for a PLC - great experience Good benefits package

Cons

Longer working week compared to other employers Tendancy to expect more from better employees which increases their workload compared to peers

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Technical Gas Engineer in Kingston upon Hull, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

Easy place to work. Appreciated for what you do. Open lines of communication with management. Excellent local team.

Cons

Differing salaries for the same job.

6. "Good employer"

Former Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in Preston, North West England, England

I worked at HomeServe UK part-time

Pros

Parking, free policy, good management, friendly people, good values

Cons

Shift Patterns Holiday booking Kpi To much to do on a call Made to feel you are not doing your best

7. COVID-19

"People first"

Current Employee - Plumber in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work I've been here 6 years and have been given opportunity after opportunity I have gone from working in an office to now having a trade behind me all courtesy of homeserve. I now work in the plumbing side of things out in the field. There have been ups and downs with my health throughout the 3 years I've been plumbing, and the pressures of the current climate with covid youd think it would be much harder. But they have supported me 100% and put me and my health first, I am still working but from home within the restrictions of my health, so I dont have to go off sick. They look after their people and have proved this throughout the tough months we've had not only as a business but as a country.

Cons

I cant think of any

Continue reading
  8. "Something special about the culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There's definitely something special about the culture at HomeServe. People are passionate about their work and delivering the best possible outcome for the customer. We work well together as teams within Marketing and we're going through a new structure which will make the function work even better. Everyone pulls together to get the job done.

Cons

Still work to be done on promoting BAME employees and the number of women/BAME in senior roles needs addressing. Although steps have been put in place to tackle these, the progress is slow. Hours are longer than other businesses and pay/benefits are less

HomeServe UK Response

July 2, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our D&I Networks are working really hard to continue to make improvements, and we'll never stop striving to make HomeServe as inclusive as it can be, for everyone. If you're not already part of a network then please, join up, the bigger our networks are, the faster we can find out what changes need to be made and get working on them. Everyone really is welcome. On the pay and benefits comment, we have so many opportunities available, to grow and develop your career and are confident our benefits are second to none. It might be worth making sure you are absolutely aware of everything that's open to you, visit People Serve, or get in touch with our Pay and Benefits team.

9. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Coaching Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with HomeServe for over 13 years now and couldn't think of a better place to work. The People really do make it, you feel part of a huge family and no matter who you are or at what level you work, everyone has time for each other and all the Senior Managers have an open door policy. There is plenty of opportunity for Development and Career progression so as long as you work hard and live our People values you will be able to carve out an excellent career at HomeServe.

Cons

None I give HomeServe 10/10

10. COVID-19

"HomeServe is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Head of Estates in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is without a doubt, hard work and full on but we are very well rewarded for our commitment and loyalty. I truly believe we look after our People and customers to the highest degree living by our promises. Since the onslaught of COVID-19, HomeServe has really shown its metal in a crisis. Within 3 weeks; • thousands of people working from home • emergency jobs still being completed when safe to so • a collection and delivery service for IT equipment and furniture in place to support our home workers. The communications supplied from the SLT before and throughout the lock down continue to be excellent, its keeping everyone informed of what is happening and what support is out there for our People that maybe struggling during this difficult time! HomeServe donated to a local homeless charity to help get people off the streets and supported the NHS with free emergency cover during the crisis. Not only that; • no one has been furloughed or made redundant • training and other opportunities have been offered to our People to up skill our People • everyone got their bonus! This exemplifies how great HomeServe is to work for and for me, it’s not a great place to work, it a fantastic place to work!! This crisis has shown if we pull together we can achieve great things!! Great Job HomeServe!!

Cons

None, HomeServe have excelled this year, again!

Found 818 reviews