Honey Birdette Assistant Store Manager Reviews

1. "Amazing place"

5.0
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Honey Birdette part-time for less than a year

Pros

The new management is very supportive and provide excellent support networks if you ever have issues both personally and professionally

Cons

None that I can think of

Continue reading

"Great team / Poor higher management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Honey Birdette part-time for more than a year

Pros

Small team in your store meaning you create great relationships. Regular customers

Cons

Bad head management Forced to up sell no matter what Unless store manager there was no jail h security/contract Constantly changing staff

"Avoid unless you you want sell your soul"

1.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Honey Birdette part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good discount -Girls you work with can be amazing -You meet some interesting people and build relationships with customers

Cons

-Everything else -Ridiculous sales targets -Constant abuse and pressure from upper management -You work by yourself a lot and cannot close doors to go to the toilet or eat -Uncomfortable uniform, required to wear winger liner, red lipstick and stiletto heels all day If you’re thinking of working here, please listen to me and the countless other girls who were screwed by Honey Birdette - dont. You will cop abuse and ridiculous pressure every single day. All staff have personal budgets they must meet as well as store budgets, and anyone who is under 80% for the month will make a list of “red-zone” employees which is then sent out to every employee company wide to shame those not performing well. I worked in one of the quietest stores in Australia, and although we often did not have a single person walk in for the whole day we were abused by upper management if we were not making over 100%. Often I would reach out for support when low foot traffic was making the team anxious, only to be told I need to take responsibility for our low sales and change whatever I must of been doing wrong. Very rarely we’d go a few days without one of the girls having a mental breakdown. We were forced to wear stiletto heels every day, and if you couldn’t due to a medical condition they forced you to get medical certificates as proof. Sexual harassment from men was disregarded by upper management; stores didn’t even have cameras in them for safety. Constant nasty emails from the CEO, “exclusive” dinner invites from her with ONLY the employees who made the most money in the state. The CEO of this company is a ruthless sociopath, and the women working right under her in head office are almost as bad as her. Don’t even get me started on the hypocrisy of them preaching “female empowerment”, yet for some reason they refuse to use models bigger than a size 8 or women of colour in their campaigns/advertisements.

4. "Boutique assistant"

5.0
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Honey Birdette part-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company that you truely make a difference in women's lives. The icing is you get paid to help women better their lives.

Cons

Really not many cons. The heels are a killer if you are a larger size 14 like myself. It is tough to not be able to get out to the Loo if you are on your own till a casual comes in to cover the lunch break.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews