HubSpot Customer Support Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 17 Oct 2019

4.3
HubSpot CEO Brian Halligan
Brian Halligan
  1. "Working at HubSpot is both a challenging and rewarding experience"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people and the culture of HEART - nothing gimmicky about it! Unlimited leave/vacation is my favourite perk! Plus, the health and wellness benefits are awesome because it allows you to take care of yourself and essentially you can bring your best self forward :)

Cons

Super fast-paced! Everything changes quickly so you are expected to adapt and learn on the go. Expectations are high so not breaking under pressure is important.

Advice to Management

People are not just mere metrics. Look out for your employee's psychological and emotional well-being, not just productivity levels. It's easy to make employees feel they are just a cog in a wheel if we forget to pay attention to this. Which in turn affects productivity, right?

HubSpot2019-10-18
  2. "Wonderful Culture, Team and Product"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

HubSpot is a wonderful place to work. You will not work for another company that cares more about their employees than HubSpot does.

Cons

HubSpot grows at such a fast pace its tough to get a full understanding of the tool.

HubSpot2019-10-11

October 14, 2019Chief People Officer

"You will not work for another company that cares more about their employees than HubSpot does" is one of my favorite sentences I've read on here, ever. Thanks for sharing that feedback and for all that you do for our customers, I'm beyond grateful. Truly, thank you for such a lovely and thoughtful note. Sincerely, Katie

3. "Dream Job"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

All of the snack and assorted drinks available, management actually cares about your wellbeing and career, access to excellent classes and activities, PTO, the culter at HubSpot is truly what makes my job at HubSpot the best.

Cons

some perks at HQ are not available to other offices.... aka dogs.

Advice to Management

Love this place, keep up the good work

HubSpot2019-10-11

October 11, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for calling out our culture and transparency, and the ongoing classes we offer--really appreciate all you do, and we continue to work on dog access in locations where we don't have it--our lease agreements vary heavily sadly! -Katie

"A company with an empowering culture that focuses on you"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

HubSpot values learning and growing - and it practices what it preaches. As a HubSpotter, I have always felt like my job was being valued. Additionally, It's surprising to see how the leadership focuses a lot on the personal development of all employees, and I see myself growing as much as I want to in HubSpot. Never want to leave this place!

Cons

The company is growing rapidly and is naturally prone to many cons of a normal "entreprise", so the next few years is going to be an important period as much as it would volatile and unpredicted.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. :)

HubSpot2019-10-02

October 8, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for the review, we hope you never want to leave as well! Really appreciate all that you do to help our team grow and scale in Singapore, and excited to visit with the team there when I arrive next month! Sincerely, Katie

"Helping employees grow better"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

--The culture (everyone is so friendly and willing to help) --The benefits (fully stocked fridge, $5k stock options, tuition reimbursement) --Flexible schedules (can work from home, unlimited PTO) --Managers (and staff) that actually care about your professional development!

Cons

Our compensation (in Customer Support) is below-average for a lot of hard work and effort, and believe it should be increased to reflect other salaries at HubSpot.

HubSpot2019-08-26

August 30, 2019Chief People Officer

Thank you so much for your feedback and for being a part of our Customer Support team--you all really do help our customers grow better, and are such an integral part of our culture. Thanks for calling our flexibility, benefits, and our managers, and for calling out compensation. We have worked a bunch with Support leadership on the best way to ensure Support remains a growth catalyst for the company and for the careers of the folks we employ, but we always appreciate the feedback to ensure that we have it right, so thanks for sharing your take. Have a lovely long weekend, thanks for all that you do! -Katie

"Great company, but few opportunities for internal mobility in Singapore"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great benefits!! Fair pay - Great people and managers - HEART is really a thing – people really are Humble, Empathetic, Adaptable, Remarkable and Transparent. My favorite part of all is the Transparency – it's radical, makes it easy for you to get stuff done and builds trust - Great culture - Awesome pantry - Fast paced environment – I like this so it's a pro for me. We move really fast and try very hard not... to break things. 1 year here is like 3 years in another company, you get to learn and grow quickly, as long as you can keep pace - Psychological safety is a thing, people care about it and about you

Cons

Internal mobility is really hard in Singapore because it's a smaller office with less roles. Many of the cool roles are only available in Cambridge (HQ) or Dublin. Sucks because it's an office where you have a lot of talented and hardworking people early in their careers (especially in the Support team), who are dying to learn more and build their knowledge and skills. There are many who are pretty tenured and... keep working hard but it's extremely demoralizing when we don't see the light at the end of the tunnel (i.e. roles that we can see ourselves moving on to)

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities and reduce friction for internal mobility in SingSpot or you'll start to see a lot of brain drain from your top performers.

HubSpot2019-09-12
  7. "Unfulfilled promises"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-unlimited PTO -the people are the number one perk -dog friendly office -extroverted atmosphere, you can walk up to anyone and ask a for directions

Cons

Specifically in the support org, there is a disparity between what is promised upon hiring (e.g. most people leave after 1 year and find another internal position, there's a pay raise every six months until capping at L3, you can use your off phone hour to pursue other projects). While it is possible to find a job internally, support reps aren't taken seriously in most other parts of the company, and have to... re-start at a different entry level position after knowing the technical side of the project inside and out. HubSpot pays far below industry standard in all roles, and internal reps are frequently lowballed when being promoted. The atmosphere and goals have become more authoritarian and less encouraging and certainly more rigid and have a misaligned ideal of what it takes to actually leave support, which is widely recognized as the only reason for joining support in the first place≥

Advice to Management

Honestly, no feedback is going to be taken by the support org, and they will continue to gain talent because even on the hardest days, HubSpot is an excellent place to work.

HubSpot2019-08-02

August 15, 2019Chief People Officer

Sorry to hear your frustration--Support continues to be the team that is most hired by other parts of the org (product, marketing, CS, and now even more on sales too), so we have a ton of opportunities for folks from Support and ways to help support folks growing from Support throughout the organization. Thanks for being honest about your experience-we are always looking to learn, grow, and improve and even the tough feedback helps us improve working in collaboration with the Support org. Sincerely, Katie

"Great company"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome culture and great learning opportunities

Cons

Some roles have do not pay well

HubSpot2019-07-12

July 23, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for the feedback and for helping our Support team scale and grow for our customers, really appreciate you taking the time to share this review and all you do for HubSpot! -Katie

"Support is a door that you must force open"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working on the Support team is the best way to learn the product. Period. You get a great perspective into how customers use the platform in their daily operations, as well as the tru inner-workings of the tool itself.

Cons

Often not taken seriously be customers nor higher-tenured colleagues. We're usually the safety net for Salespeople who over-promise illusions of grandeur, or Success Managers who truly don't understand how most of the product works.

Advice to Management

The Support team management often feels that it needs to "rally the troops." While some of the team is on the younger side and relatively inexperienced in corporate America, many of us are well out of college and joined this team as a way to learn (not as a post-grad fallback plan). We're consistently being asked to push harder and give more, and more, and more. We don't need hand-holding, nor do we need... rallying. We need real empathy and understanding that we are often over-worked (As we are all scheduled or 9-hour days and many of us don't take lunch in order to meet our goals). Consider ways to make this team feel valued other than throwing a pizza party at us.

HubSpot2019-02-12

March 16, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for your review and for your honest feedback--we are working really hard with the Support leadership to make sure that Support scales effectively and that we continue to solve for both the company and our customers in our approach to hiring and retaining great Support talent, so just know we are paying close attention to your final point. I would agree that Support is an amazing way to learn the product and get exposure to the world of tech, and is a critical talent pool for HubSpot more broadly. Thanks for your hard work and honest feedback, it will help us grow better as we scale. -Katie

10. "A great place to be"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Career growth and benefits are great, unlimited vacation plan (if you're on target), work life balance

Cons

None that come to mind

HubSpot2019-01-21

April 5, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for helping our Support team and customers grow, and for having me in DubSpot this week to visit you all. Sincerely, Katie

Found 21 reviews