Huron Consulting Group Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 1 Jul 2020

3.9
Huron Consulting Group President, CEO and Director James H. (Jim) Roth
James H. (Jim) Roth
Pros
Cons
  • "Depending on Project Leader the work life balance can be bad(in 76 reviews)

• "I was literally told by upper management to accept that we will never have good product management(in 26 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fine, still siloed"

Former Employee - Associate Healthcare Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great people who truly care about their clients and each other

Cons

Still siloed; hard to expand work experience; some leaders are not trained properly and run teams into the ground

July 8, 2020Employee Experience Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. Our people are no doubt the heart of our business. Ongoing development is a continued area of focus as we work to ensure everyone has the resources and support to grow in their careers.

2. "Healthcare Associate"

5.0
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people who really care about client and colleagues.

Cons

They don’t instill a lot of confidence in a downturn.

May 7, 2020Employee Experience Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. Our people are the heart of our company.

3. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, very talented and hard working.

Cons

Different culture across LOBs - some groups are much more autonomous than others

November 12, 2019Employee Experience Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on our people and culture.

4. "Great people, tedious work"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people who have high EQs, lots of upward mobility at low levels

Cons

work is dreary in healthcare

July 16, 2019Employee Experience Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. People are no doubt the heart of our business. and career mobility is essential to continue to grow in one’s career. We find that employees believe the work they do is rewarding, as it supports institutions as they continue to transform. If you would like to talk further about your experience, please contact hresources@huronconsultinggroup.com.

"Trending Down"

Current Employee - ES Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is decent for consulting (think, 10-12 hr workdays M-R, easy Fridays) Great people Youthful culture

Cons

Noncompetitive pay (mgmt insists it is not an issue, despite constant complaints and the fact that we are hemorrhaging analysts and associates) Highly political Understaffed (can't keep any good experienced hires for 6+ months)

Continue reading
  6. "Good Honest Place to Work"

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great people all around. Challenging work aplenty. Flexible management.

Cons

Some of the software products are a little long in the tooth. Newer product development feels a little rocky with mixed confidence levels, but with good intentions at least.

"Director"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great People to work with, and great network

Cons

Culture is spoken but not implemented or enforced. Some areas do abide by it, but generally it's a ton of double speak.

October 29, 2018PR and Social Media Contractor

Dear Reviewer - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are dedicated to preserving a culture of inclusion and collaboration, so we are disappointed to hear your experience was inconsistent. If you're open to it, we’d love to speak with you further so that we can ensure a positive cultural experience for all. Please reach out to hresources@huronconsultinggroup.com

8. "Nice Company to work with"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

1> Good salary 2> great work 3> good Environment 4> great people 5> flexible time 6> WFH facility

Cons

1> No transportation provided.

9. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, and big opportunities for growth

Cons

Full time travel, haphazard corporate management

"Experienced Analyst"

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great people- Everyone I've interacted with is extremely kind, open to help, and genuinely care. This truly makes Huron stand apart from other firms that tend to be competitive and cut-throat. Input from day 1- I was included in the conversation on analysis for my project on day 1. My thoughts were heard, discussed, and integrated into the final deliverable. It is rare to find a company that makes you feel valued. Flexible- You can work from home or other locations when it doesn't interfere with client work. Unlimited PTO is a great bonus. Requests for PTO must be approved by your project manager, but I haven't had any issues. Feedback- You should get and give feedback during and at the conclusion of each project. Feedback has always been phrased constructively and professionally. Additionally, everyone has a peer mentor and a coach to go to for advice. Overall, Huron stands by its core values and has been an amazing opportunity.

Cons

Tools- 99.9% of work is done in excel. Huron makes it very difficult for people who have experience in other tools to get them. There is a desire to keep pushing to improve (a great pro), but there is a lack of willingness to invest in the tools needed to do so. Too many websites/portals- There are about 10 different sites/tools/systems/etc.. It is extremely confusing when you start out and far too complicated.

Found 54 reviews