IGS Energy Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott White

Pros
Cons
  • What I didn't know until I started was that this was a door to door sales job (in 11 reviews)

• Door to door sales are the big intern positions, not beneficial for certain career paths (in 7 reviews)

1. "Marketer in the Marketing Department"

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership is exceptional both in my department and overall in the company. The company strides itself on offering peace of mind and great value to customers, and lives by the motto of offering exceptional customer experiences every day. The cultures is amazing and the benefits are great. No wonder IGS has been listed as a Best Place to Work and a Top Workplace for so many years in a row!!!

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment, which I love, but unfortunately, it is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

26 May 2017 – HR Business Partner

Awesome! We love hearing about how our employees are feeling about their role and the company. At IGS, we work hard to maintain a culture and environment that has lead us to being listed as a Best ... More

2. "Annoymous"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

CEO is great and very progressive

Cons

HR is horrible...there were some very poor VP choices...

26 May 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear you felt positively about your time IGS. However, I'm sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with management choices. We are always open to employee ... More

3. "Review"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

Good base salary for sales, direct employment

Cons

High Turnover rate, Saturday working

25 May 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback!

"Great People, Ideas, and Purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at IGS make it special. The people I work with are friends and I'm excited to come to work even after 5 years. People genuinely want to help with your growth, projects, and challenges.
    The company is continually assessing new ideas for improvement and growth opportunities. During my tenure, we have entered several new markets, lines of business, and acquisitions. Not all have been successful, but the company believes that "Failure is an opportunity to learn, to succeed you must willing to fail." This is literally written outside the boardroom and results in strong team support and prevents people blaming each other when mistakes happen.
    Lastly the company is very philanthropic and encourages employees to find ways to help the community. Each year IGS takes a full day and closes the office to allow each employee to participate in a community care day (IGS Impact) with multiple charities.

Cons

Change happens fast. While I prefer moving quickly, I have seen some people struggle with the quick pace, especially if they came from an industry or company that was very risk adverse and moved very slowly.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye towards balancing company growth while nourishing the culture. You've done a great job so far, but don't lose sight of how easy it is to follow linear patterns by introducing large hierarchies and heavy bureaucracy.

25 May 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback! At IGS, we work hard to maintain a culture that promotes our values of integrity, continuous improvement, exceptional customer experiences, camaraderie, and innovation ... More

"HEC (Home Energy Consultant)"

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Jenkintown, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Jenkintown, PA (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People you work with are great! Every employee gets equal beat down for sales. Allow you to work for charitable organizations and help out in the community.

Cons

Door to door sales - Work Mon. thru Fri. but if you don't meet sales quota you have to work Saturdays. Be careful, if you don't meet sales, verbal warning 1st, written 2nd and
    3rd written for termination. Plan on working 6 days a week. 2 days out of the week are meetings so your day will be extra long - 9 am to 8pm. Gift card bonus - so you have to pay taxes on them by the next check and 20 cents per mile on travel expenses. Too low, federal is like 57 cents now. Won't talk about health benefits. Better for your health to have a less stressful job.

Advice to Management

Employees understand that if we don't sell, management doesn't make the money. Pyramid type of thing. Would be nice not to get so many messages on the work I-pad beating you down to "keep pushing" and "sell strong" as you are working. Employees need to make the money, so they don't have to be reminded when they are having a hard time closing. If you sell good, the quota will change for you so you have to work even harder! Huge turnover of employees. Need to go back to original shorter hours and show better appreciation so that sales force can have a life.

20 Apr 2017 – HR Business Partner

I’m sorry to hear that you have not had a positive work experience. We are always open to employee feedback and want employees to feel positively about their experience working for us. Please ... More

7. "HCE"

Former Employee - HCEConsultant in Waltham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - HCEConsultant in Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at IGS Energy (Less than a year)

Pros

EASY SYSTEM (CRM) TO MAKE SALES. Overall good customer support and technical abilities of the support system are good.

Cons

Awful regional management in Waltham, MA. Commission only gets paid after making 7 weekly sales. $17 per sale after. I sold 50 in 1 month and my commission check was $ 1475 after taxes. Record for the office, I used to sell solar and would make that in 1 individual sale. Inflexibility by management. You can make your numbers 10 weeks in a row and if you miss the goal by Friday, you have to work Saturday. lots of repetition f script, no chance to make it your own, you have to work in areas the manager tells you. IGS is strictly regimented, ir was more like a cult. I left because my manager was a micromanager. if you want tp make $ 35,000 plus another $10,000 and be totally stressed out then this is the job for you. pressure to make it to Regionalk market so they can increase the quotas and you can make $5,000 extra per year. (yip Yip, hooray) TERRIBLE HEALTH CARE PACKAGE, THEY WANT YOU TO SUBMIT TO A GENETIC CELL ANALYSIS IN ORDER TO DECREASE THEIR INSURANCE COSTS.

Advice to Management

Do not micromanage. Stop calling people all day long. Stop checking the GPS tracker to see if the person took an extra 15 minutes lunch. Give and take, eb a bit more flexible.

25 May 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding management. I’m sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with the benefit packages available. We strive to provide different levels of benefit options based ... More

"Purposeful | Innovative | Exciting"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A family-owned, grassroots, purpose over profits culture. We place a high value on our customers, our community, integrity, continuous improvement, entrepreneurship camaraderie, and innovation. With great business experience, collaborative opportunities, and autonomy; every day at IGS is an opportunity to learn, and to contribute to something meaningful. Everyone here walks-the-walk.

Cons

Growing pains; a fast-paced culture and highly competitive market creates pain-points, but each is an opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to patiently craft and execute on long-term strategy and vision.

9. "Good Company!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at IGS Energy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Pay, good chances for moving up!

Cons

Not steady, very tough sales work.

10. "Door-to-door sales"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

You get paid hourly plus comissions. Manager are easygoing and your goal is very clear.

Cons

Lots of negative feedback from prospective customers on a daily basis. As any sales position, negative responses are the most commons.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work and focus on those employees who are struggling at the beginning of their sales career.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Akron, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Akron, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

growing company with lots of room for advancment

Cons

things change rather quickly because of rapid growth