IGS Energy Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott White

Pros
Cons
  • What I didn't know until I started was that this was a door to door sales job (in 10 reviews)

• Door to door sales are the big intern positions, not beneficial for certain career paths (in 6 reviews)

1. "Door-to-door sales"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

You get paid hourly plus comissions. Manager are easygoing and your goal is very clear.

Cons

Lots of negative feedback from prospective customers on a daily basis. As any sales position, negative responses are the most commons.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work and focus on those employees who are struggling at the beginning of their sales career.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Akron, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Akron, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

growing company with lots of room for advancment

Cons

things change rather quickly because of rapid growth

3. "The overall life-work balance is amazing, and the place for advancement is unreal."

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Maumee, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Maumee, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Long lunch, independent, self reliant, great pay.

Cons

weather, outdoor, long drives, cold

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, be willing to listen to all individuals who are working for you even if they have been there half of the time a successful consultant is, everyone can contribute and make a difference in this field.

5. "great company"

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

Excellent culture - they walk the talk.

Cons

better fit in aesthetically

Advice to Management

excellent company

6. "Job not career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Is Good family work schedule

Cons

Just a job not much for advancement

7. "HR Administrator"

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Dublin, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Dublin, OH (US)

I worked at IGS Energy (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture and work/life balance

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about this employer. Everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming

Advice to Management

None

"Territory Sales Manager"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

Great benefit and base pay. Also, some pretty good people on the team.

Cons

What I didn't know until I started was that this was a door to door sales job. I was mislead when I was hired and it wasn't until I was in training that this was brought up. It is basically knocking on someone's door and trying to persuade them to pay more because we offer green energy Ice cold leads. . Usually the competitors rates are much better than IGS's and so are the utility companies a lot of the time. They also say that you manage accounts of people so that they don't go into a variable rate.....that rarely happens because once you sign them up you get a sale. You are based on how many sales you get per week so you tend to spend more time focusing on new sales rather than help the people up for renewals and new sales are the bread and butter. You are almost told to be dishonest to people. The hours are crappy (11-8) especially when you want to enjoy the summer or even go to the Dr. Your territory may be far away so your commute to and from adds time on your day. Only decent part is that your miles are reimbursed. Gladly they are offering the Nest now which helps some of the sales. I don't think that certain branches carry out the founders cultures and beliefs because they are so all about new sales.

"Sales"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IGS Energy is growing extremely fast however so is Energy in general. Most business is done through broker relationships and sales departments do not get along.

Cons

Its extremely competitive to get into the door and management only cares about a few reps who bring in the largest accounts. Competitors typically price us out of deals.

10. "Positive and Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

Positive Culture, Long Term Focus, collaborative across departments, progressive, invests in future, very talented people

Cons

Hard to prioritize with all of the concurrent initiatives going on, but it is getting better

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and promote from within when possible

"Residential Sales"

Current Employee - Team Lead
    Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

IGS Energy has great pay and benefits, especially for their door to door team. Plenty of time off and a decent 401k package. Also if you were management at True Green, and know the right people they will give your own office or region regardless of the qualifications or promises to competing applicants.

Cons

I can really only provide cons for their Residential sales. This entire department is based on the top managers primarily hiring their friends from their previous job for management positions. This has lead to such a deviation from our (the company's), and the CEO's, core values that they are now training their Territory Managers to not renew or help our current customers regardless of situation, which is part of their job.
    Another Con is that no employees below Market Manager have a voice that anyone in the company will listen too. I have even personally seen reps get silenced with gift cards and better leads for trying to report unscrupulous activity of other reps. Very few ever get to HR to report these things because they are often silenced or told their job will suck if they go over a manager's head to HR. I wish I could say these actions are limited to one office, but they aren't. As a manager I have seen this happen in multiple offices to one degree or another.

Advice to Management

Outside of the culture that has been festering in the sales department, I absolutely love what IGS stands for as a company. IGS Impact(A community Service program) has been amazing. The fact that we are even installing solar as charity is impressive.

My advice would be to phase out the managers that are alright with any deficiency in integrity. I would also start treating your field sales reps (Home Energy Consultants and Territory Managers) as if they were coming to work with us as a career rather than a rep who is just there to get us numbers. All other advice will be pointless until we stop treating our reps as low value temporary employees and start treating them like the career professionals they all want to be.