In Marketing We Trust Reviews

Updated 12 Mar 2019

4.1
In Marketing We Trust Founder and Managing Director Frederic Chanut
Frederic Chanut

"A Quality Work Experience"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at In Marketing We Trust full-time for more than a year

Pros

High level of autonomy Lots of freedom Opportunities to travel Working with some high quality people Interesting work Exciting future

Cons

Working remotely requires discipline that can sometimes be hard to muster Occasionally the floodgates of work can open up

2. "Digital Marketing Specialist"

4.0
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Sydney

I worked at In Marketing We Trust full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Freddy is a driven leader who pushes you to be the best professional you can be - Techy/Geeky culture & very fun - You're expected to self-learn and improve. This does wonders for your professional development - Great exposure to different industries and types of work

Cons

- Manly might not be an ideal location for some - Partially distributed team. Some people might prefer to work with their team in person

3. "Best workplace ever"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at In Marketing We Trust for more than 5 years

Pros

Freedom to work on the projects you love

Cons

There's often a lot of work - which can also be a pro depending on the way you look at it.

4. "Great team and growing business."

Current Employee - New South Wales in Sydney

I have been working at In Marketing We Trust full-time

Pros

small team. Great talents (ivy league students, lecturer at uni, Phds, Artificial Intelligence, MBAs, etc...), top clients to work with (ebay, expedia, orbitz, Canva) Big projects

Cons

Still small and startup style so a lot to do. Fast paced, sometimes wish we would have a break.

September 20, 2018People Operations

Thank you for sharing your insights into the culture at IMWT.

5. "Quirky New Agency with potential"

I have been working at In Marketing We Trust full-time

Pros

Boutique agency. Large knowledge of the industry Senior staff is know in the local industry (conference speaker, lecturer, pro class teacher, etc...) Quirky, relax culture Real motivation to do good work No hierarchy/office politics Awesome location with ocean views and sunset

Cons

Like any small boutique agency. Lots to do by a few people. Salary not as high as big established companies

6. "Great work place!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at In Marketing We Trust for less than a year

Pros

-Very professional environment -Opportunity to work on exciting projects -Flexible work

Cons

-If you are not organized and don't enjoy working by yourself, this job is not for you

"Flat communication & flexibility"

Current Contractor - Specialist in Remote, OR

I have been working at In Marketing We Trust for more than a year

Pros

Remote work and lifestyle. Flexible schedule as long as deadline met. Hard working management team who walk the walk. Flat and open communication across all employees. Large global clients with interesting and challenging work. Training encouraged and nurtured. Paid up-skilling! Yearly team catch ups in exotic locations. Good hourly rate.

Cons

Contractor based benefits, so no health insurance, 401k or superannuation. Compensation not reviewed much, if at all.

Continue reading
  8. "You would definitely learn a lot from this team if you got what it takes"

4.0
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Ho Chi Minh City

I worked at In Marketing We Trust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexibility, possibility to work remotely, adapt hours - Very skilled and helpful team - Good working ambiance, no rigid hierarchy or excess formalism - Cool team gatherings at least once a year all over the world (mostly Asia) - Interesting large size clients pool - A dynamic of former startup growing at fast pace with great ambition I started with these guys as a beginner and I've been hired at real senior level by another agency 3 years later.

Cons

- You're mostly on your own to deliver. You can ask for help from the team, but support from management is relatively limited - Expectations from the managers are high, which is a good and bad thing, it all depends on personalities I guess. I'd say if you are motivated, willing to learn and progress it's gonna be a great experience, but if you are only at your desk to do as you're told in a minimal way it might not be the best place for you.

September 20, 2018People Operations

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are grateful for your over 3 years of service and glad to hear that you have experienced a positive balance between work and life. We embrace supportive and transparent leadership, and we are sorry to hear that your experience with support has been a little challenging. Please contact us at people@inmarketingwetrust.com.au (confidentially) so that we can learn more about your experience and improve accordingly.

"Boss from hell"

2.0

I worked at In Marketing We Trust full-time

Pros

- Flexible, remote working - Big clients - Opportunities to learn - Opportunities to travel Overall a very interesting opportunity for anyone that has a strong desire to learn by being thrown in the deep end.

Cons

- Extremely poor communication - Unrealistic expectations - Very inexperienced management team - Complete lack of support/pastoral care Despite the great opportunities the CEO was so hard to work with that my mental health was suffering and I had to quit.

September 20, 2018People Operations

First, I would like to apologise for my tardy reply. I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Secondly, we are sorry that your experience at In Marketing We Trust did not match our intention of being the best remote workplace. We are taking your feedback into serious consideration and addressing all the things we missed in delivering a great remote work experience for you. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

"Would not reccomend to work for them"

1.0

I worked at In Marketing We Trust full-time

Pros

Some very interesting people in the team and some very friendly and helpful. Good and interesting travel based clientele. Small company means its possible to potentially make a name for yourself.

Cons

CEO, Completely unrealistic expectations of employees such as not taking a holiday in first year of work etc. Freddy shouldn't be involved on the soft side of working with people, he should stick to technical advise and strategy as he has no relationship building or talent nurturing skills what so ever. The whole "digital nomad" is just an excuse for providing poor salaries.

July 19, 2018People Operations

Thank your feedback, it has been passed on to the management team and will be used for our continuous improvement processes. We value your openness, however, it is important that we correct the point on remuneration. IMWT benchmarks industry remuneration using payscale.com and aims to pay all our Independent Contractors a rate which is above the industry norm, this is before inclusion of travel rewards provided by the company. Typically, freelance team members achieve between 40% - 60% higher than the industry benchmarks, the exact amount depends on the experience, expertise and attitude of the individual.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews