International Committee of the Red Cross Employee Reviews about "icrc"

Updated 21 Apr 2020

International Committee of the Red Cross President Peter Maurer
Peter Maurer
Pros
  • "Want to go more higher in another working environment to aquire more knowledge and skills(in 16 reviews)

• "I am a proud former employee of ICRC in Baku, Azerbaijan(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you love humanitarian work and ICRC mission, please go for it(in 14 reviews)

• "Difference between local staff and expats(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "icrc"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Buyer"

Former Employee - Procurement Officer in New Delhi

I worked at International Committee of the Red Cross full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

ICRC has very strong Staff Rules and Regulations. Organization adhere to its principal fundamentals.

Cons

Too much centralized power to very limited people in the office. They utilize that power for their own welfare and benefits. A lot of discrimination and threatening of Staff by such people.

Continue reading
  2. "Amazing place to work at."

Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in Baku

I worked at International Committee of the Red Cross full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved this place, the organizations mission, employees, salary. I am a proud former employee of ICRC in Baku, Azerbaijan. If not my relocation to the USA, I would not leave this company.

Cons

No cons to mention, really. If you love humanitarian work and ICRC mission, please go for it.

3. "Job of a dream"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Kiev

I have been working at International Committee of the Red Cross full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management, Work/Life Balance, Culture

Cons

No cons, ICRC is a very good employer

4. "Great organization to work for"

Former Employee - Diplomatic Adviser in Addis Ababa

I worked at International Committee of the Red Cross full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The ICRC is a fantastic work environment. A lot of hard work and lessons learned. The organization offers capacity building and education fund.

Cons

For national staff, the room for growth is limited as is salary.

5. "ICRC"

Current Contractor - Junior Legal Assistant in Brussels
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at International Committee of the Red Cross for more than a year

Pros

The ICRC is the major humanitarian institution that offers a unique experience in the humanitarian sector.

Cons

There is no particular disadvantage to mention.

6. "ICRC`"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at International Committee of the Red Cross

Pros

I believe that ICRC is best environment to work.

Cons

I believe has no Cons

7. "support the Head of Product (Bangkok), in the creation of computer assisted and audio-visual educational/training tools"

I have been working at International Committee of the Red Cross full-time

Pros

ICRC sponsor me to attend a 3D course in London for 3 months, to understand more in my work.

Cons

ICRC benefit is not quit good.

Continue reading

"Associates are not valued enough"

Former Employee - Associate in Geneva

I worked at International Committee of the Red Cross full-time

Pros

- interesting organisation - associateship at ICRC looks great to future employees

Cons

- associateships are patchy across the organisation - in some divisions, associates do substantive work, in others they are treated like interns

Continue reading

"Disastrous HR department, a culture of unhealthy informing on each other, a sectarian unique point of view !"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Geneva
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at International Committee of the Red Cross full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary could be quite OK comparing with ONGs and work in the field is really amazing and rewarding when working with and helping victims. ICRC gets still a good press with interlocutors. ICRC is still really helping victims and this provide a nice feeling of doing something good for others!

Cons

Unique vision. Backstabbing culture. Very poor high-level management. Disastrous outsourcing having strong negative impact on HR. Loyalty to the Institution is not rewarded, to the contrary, as soon as you start a family, you become very much expendable. Informing on each other is rewarded. Change is permanent, and ICRC lost its sense of stability. It became obsessed with higher budget, becoming quickly a white elephant and kludge… Sadly, all the nice human contact is starting to disappear… Very strong egos...

"Great humanitarian organization"

4.0

Pros

Organization is restructuring its compensation package in order to retain employees as well as fostering hardship missions through added benefits. Salary and insurance are competitive if you hold a certain type of expertise with Masters degree: Medical, Engineering, Logistics, Finance, etc. Housing conditions are most of the time up to a very good standard.

Cons

Expect some hardship missions on the first two years so as prove your cope capacity and professionalism under pressure. As in any other context, there is no perfect humanitarian organization and the ICRC still has some "bad apples' among its workforce that believe in self-entitlement and privileges.

Found 24 reviews