International Fund Services Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

International Fund Services Reviews

Updated 14 Aug 2019

Found 86 reviews

2.9
International Fund Services CEO  Scott FitzGerald   (no image)
Scott FitzGerald
Pros
Cons
  • "Hard work is nor appraised or recognised(in 6 reviews)

• "Very long hours, can find a reluctance with management when I go to leave at 5, training not great at all(in 5 reviews)

"It is not a decent job"

Senior Fund Accountant in Sydney

I have been working at International Fund Services

Pros

It is a good step to entry finance industry and international bank

Cons

Limited career path and not very good paid

International Fund Services2012-01-07
  2. "Good Flexibility and Opportunities"

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time

Pros

1.Flex Work Arrangements widely available 2.Hard workers get recognition and reward

Cons

Do not pay as high a competition

International Fund Services2019-08-14
  3. "Meh."

Current Employee - Fund Accountant in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pension Plan and Health Insurance

Cons

No work life balance. Very soul destroying

International Fund Services2019-08-14
  4. "Fund Accounting Supervisor"

Current Employee - Fund Accounting Supervisor

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Location is ideal and good people working there.

Cons

A regional office so progression is slow.

International Fund Services2019-07-25
  5. "It’s nice environment office"

Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at International Fund Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is alright

Cons

More training structure needs to be in place

International Fund Services2019-05-30
  6. "Operations associate II"

Former Employee - Operations Associate II in New York, NY

I worked at International Fund Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-WFH full time. -4 weeks vacation + 3 personal days + 5 sick days + birthday day off Decent place to start your career and get your foot in the door if you’re looking to gain some product exposure. I got good enough work experience to now work at a hedge fund. Coworkers were mostly good people to work with and supported each other (this is excusing upper management)

Cons

Little to 0 room for growth after your first year or 2. Yearly bonuses and raises are minimal and they had a freeze on promotions for 2.5 years out of my 3 years working there. They make it clear that they aren’t hiring replacements in New York. If people leave and are looking to Indian resources to replace the production. I don’t know who I’m writing this review for because they made it very clear they are not... hiring in New York. The atmosphere is toxic at this point as most of my group as left and grew frustrated with the lack of appreciation of our work.

Advice to Management

Get to understand your employees and support their growth. Invest the young and motivated as opposed to waiting for the older folk to leave to avoid paying severance. Fill in lower management on the future instead of being vague and giving blanket answers of “we need to cut costs and invest in technology”. Give the employees some kind of reason to be optimistic about the future.

International Fund Services2019-04-15
  7. "Poor place to begin career"

Former Employee - Tax Specialist, Associate in New York, NY

I worked at International Fund Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Relaxed environment outside of tax season/estimate season. Plenty of WFH and flex time.

Cons

Training is abysmal. Reviews are overly harsh. This is not a place to come before gaining more meaningful experience in public accounting. They will expect you to know how to do things with the smallest amount of informal training, then grill you for not knowing how to do it, and suggest maybe you should sit for your CPA to learn (yet the company provides little to no support for CPA candidate classes/exams... sponsorship). There is a core group that has been with the company for years, and advancement from the lower level is damn near impossible. There are accountants there with little knowledge themselves, but merely got in when things were better.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring young employees you cannot train and have no interest in developing.

International Fund Services2019-02-13
  8. "Great place to start out of college"

Current Employee - Officer in Boston, MA

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance, work from home, vacation days, benefits

Cons

Long working hours, a lot of turnover, lack of quality workers, sub par culture

International Fund Services2018-11-09
  9. "A Generic Office Job"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Option to work from home. 401k immediately vested. Generally young middle management. The locations in Boston are very close to public transport and food. There will always be something to do so extreme boredom at work is actually not a worry.

Cons

Functional silos. Multiple old technology platforms used for daily work. The workplace itself is relatively quiet and dull. Trying to use State Street's internal social network platform is extremely difficult.

Advice to Management

As of now, upper management should be much more transparent about which jobs will move and disappear over time. People fear turnover because it is such an unknown and the timeline for moving jobs overseas is unclear. Future job security, especially at entry levels, where people would like to see a chance to grow, is iffy.

International Fund Services2018-05-21
  10. "Senior Fund Accountant"

Former Employee - Fund Accounting Supervisor in Kraków

I worked at International Fund Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much - it was a decent first job, which did not teach me anything of value except for how to survive in a corporate environment Work-life balance is achievable, I guess.

Cons

Well, let's see - pay on low levels is pretty much average, bonuses are poor. The biggest issue is related to too agressive hiring targets thus turnover, immature if not ridiculous (and illiterate) managers and directors, lack of proper structure and development plans are the typical issues which one will face. You can get promoted just for hanging on there and keeping your mouth shut as people leave all the time... and replacements - even if the only candidate is an underperformer - are forced . They do not invest in any technology really either so one needs to work on something that makes "Matrix" interface look really modern again.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting idiots. Start investing in experienced managers and directors who will change this chaos into something that might start making some sense again.

International Fund Services2018-05-22