International Fund Services Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 13 May 2020

2.8
International Fund Services Senior Vice President & Head of Global Sales  Scott FitzGerald   (no image)
Scott FitzGerald
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is achievable, I guess(in 11 reviews)

• "they are flexible re option to work from home on occasions and provide good management support(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard work is nor appraised or recognised(in 6 reviews)

• "Very long hours, can find a reluctance with management when I go to leave at 5, training not great at all(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Company to Work For"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time

Pros

Flexible work arrangement, Work from home, global experience

Cons

NA NA NA NA NA

2. "Great place to start out of college"

Current Employee - Officer in Boston, MA

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance, work from home, vacation days, benefits

Cons

Long working hours, a lot of turnover, lack of quality workers, sub par culture

3. "A Generic Office Job"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Option to work from home. 401k immediately vested. Generally young middle management. The locations in Boston are very close to public transport and food. There will always be something to do so extreme boredom at work is actually not a worry.

Cons

Functional silos. Multiple old technology platforms used for daily work. The workplace itself is relatively quiet and dull. Trying to use State Street's internal social network platform is extremely difficult.

Continue reading

"Tedious working hours and no appreciation"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at International Fund Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good name on your CV They have a nice canteen Standard benefit packages Can work from home depends on the team

Cons

Very long hours Leave at 6 is regarded as under performers No appreciations from hard work and long hours Just a number in the team, no team bond culture. Turnover is very high. Not many ppl stay there over 1-2 years

Continue reading
  5. "Overall good experience with great learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

International fund services is a good place to work for learning opportunities.they are flexible re option to work from home on occasions and provide good management support

Cons

International fund services promotion prospects can be a case of who you know and not just what you know

Continue reading

"Quality of life improved immensely after leaving this company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Tax Administrator, Associate I in Kansas City, MO

I worked at International Fund Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to work from home, 3 weeks vacation in first year. There are literally no other pros - I am having to go back and add this sentence because my pros section had to be at least 20 words.

Cons

Everything other than the two pros mentioned above. Management hires new college graduates (as I was) with no experience because we're cheap to pay. When you start the job though, you're expected to be a financial expert. It's an absolute joke. Asking questions is discouraged. If you don't know something, expect to be chastised by supervisors. Management is unwilling to invest in training employees. Employees are overworked and underpaid. In my case, there was roughly twice as much work and people who were physically capable of completing it. I left in October, and 4 out of 7 employees in Kansas City have left since then, 3 of whom worked there for less than 6 months. This comes as no shock at all. The turnover is through the roof. I went from being a confident, happy individual, to someone with no self esteem who suffered from work-related depression. IFS revolves around hiring unqualified college graduates, overloading them with work and refusing to train, having those same employees quit, and finding new, unexpecting graduates to take their places, and dehumanize them just as they did the last group. I especially liked the comparison one reviewer on here uses to describe IFS; it's like a high school clique, where management are the snobs, and if one snob has a problem with you, they all will, even if for no reason at all. I was absolutely amazed at the lack of maturity from grown adults who serve in leadership roles for this company. I truly feel sorry for anyone who gets themselves into this company because I know of the pain that they will inevitably go through. I am thrilled that the majority of my coworkers have found new jobs (and in doing so, found happiness) because this company is an absolute hell hole, to put it lightly.

Continue reading
  7. "Fund Admin, Associate II"

Current Employee - Fund Administrative, Associate II in Back Bay, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

work from home is good

Cons

poor salary and small bonuses

"Work environment is unhealthy. Unpleasant management."

2.0

I have been working at International Fund Services

Pros

Decent salary, good location near Rockefeller center, ability to work from home, exposure to various departments.

Cons

Terrible working atmosphere, managers can be harsh, sub par training as you go along, figuring out problems and issues as you go along with little help. Very little recognition for hard working efforts.

Continue reading

"Safe Place great work life balance"

Software Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at International Fund Services

Pros

The perks are great, work from home, 4 weeks vacation day 1, good health, etc

Cons

The work is not very interesting or challenging.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.