International Fund Services Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 14 Aug 2019

2.8
International Fund Services Senior Vice President & Head of Global Sales  Scott FitzGerald   (no image)
Scott FitzGerald
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is achievable, I guess(in 11 reviews)

• "they are flexible re option to work from home on occasions and provide good management support(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard work is nor appraised or recognised(in 6 reviews)

• "Very long hours, can find a reluctance with management when I go to leave at 5, training not great at all(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Meh."

Current Employee - Fund Accountant in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pension Plan and Health Insurance

Cons

No work life balance. Very soul destroying

2. "Great place to start out of college"

Current Employee - Officer in Boston, MA

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance, work from home, vacation days, benefits

Cons

Long working hours, a lot of turnover, lack of quality workers, sub par culture

3. "Senior Fund Accountant"

Former Employee - Fund Accounting Supervisor in Kraków

I worked at International Fund Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much - it was a decent first job, which did not teach me anything of value except for how to survive in a corporate environment Work-life balance is achievable, I guess.

Cons

Well, let's see - pay on low levels is pretty much average, bonuses are poor. The biggest issue is related to too agressive hiring targets thus turnover, immature if not ridiculous (and illiterate) managers and directors, lack of proper structure and development plans are the typical issues which one will face. You can get promoted just for hanging on there and keeping your mouth shut as people leave all the time and replacements - even if the only candidate is an underperformer - are forced . They do not invest in any technology really either so one needs to work on something that makes "Matrix" interface look really modern again.

Continue reading

"Company culture is toxic. Pros do not come close to outweigh the cons."

1.0
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

Pros

There is a pretty good work life balance, lots of vacation, WFH and very good benefits. OT available for certain situations.

Cons

Pay and culture. Mid-level management does not care about their employees. If you want to come in, punch the time clock and not speak to anyone, this is your job. If you want to have friendly colleagues and management who will at the very least say good morning and good night as they come and go, this is not the place for you. Whether that is a pro or con, is up to you. I regularly have gone days where my mangers who sit within arms reach do not even say a word to me when he/she arrives/leaves. Extremely depressing work environment.

Continue reading
  5. "Good starting point but don't stay too long"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Toronto, ON

I worked at International Fund Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best part of working at IFS, A State Street Company was the benefits and pension plan. Also there were a lot of young people and always new faces to meet.

Cons

The pay was disappointing along with a terrible work/life balance where management tracked what time you came in to work, and if you left earlier than others. It was ok to stay in the office for 12 hours a day, but if you needed to leave on time one day.. everyone would hate on you. Also, if you stay too long in this role, it becomes difficult to switch career paths as fund accounting has a stigma.

Continue reading
  6. "Exceptional long hours I have been working at ifs 10 years"

Current Employee - Financial Services Manager in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good location. Some good managers and teams. Diverse workplace. There are no other pros but the pro section has to be 20 words.

Cons

Work life balance is poor. Hours are extremely long. Staffing pared back. Hiring of grads and contractors means significant workload falls back on employees.

"It's Ok"

I worked at International Fund Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance if you get easy funds

Cons

Employees weren't very ambitious, you get promoted only if you are very friendly with the people responsible for promotions; low pay

8. "Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have met some great people there, both friends and aquintances. The company is quite flexible with working from home an option and work/life balance encouraged.

Cons

You are just a number in there and at a company level they don't do anything for their staff. No Christmas parties, no drinks, not even a box of chocolates.

9. "Senior Associate"

4.0

I have been working at International Fund Services full-time

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

None that i can think of

"Not worth it!"

I have been working at International Fund Services

Pros

good salary and benefits. Opportunity to learn about funds

Cons

horrible management and work life balance

Found 15 reviews