Investigo Principal Consultant Reviews

Updated 16 Jan 2019

5.0
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter

"Senior Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Saint Albans, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Investigo is a highly enjoyable business to work for which is unrecognisable from the company I joined 8 years ago. Our growth is nothing short of exceptional. The working environment is second to non - Inclusive, passionate, supportive and incredibly fun. All my colleagues, from the Admin team to the Senior Directors are a breath of fresh air - Incredibly supportive, professional and approachable. Investigo offers flexibility and unrivalled commission and there is nowhere I would rather work. Massively looking forward to the next 8 years!

Cons

In recruitment you don't stay for 8 years if you're not entirely happy........

January 22, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

You don't stay for 8 years in you're not entirely happy and we are delighted to hear that you are so and looking forward to your next 8 years! It is always so interesting to get insights from those with a long tenure with us as they have seen the business grow and change so much. It is great to see we have only gone up in your estimations and long may we continue to do so. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we massively appreciate your insights which will be shared across the business.

2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-High growth -Great people which create a fantastic culture -Leadership that listen and action feedback -Strong emphasis on D&I

Cons

-Different teams can sometimes promote their people faster than others, (depending on team requirements) meaning that higher performers are not necessarily as recognised as they should be

3. "Superb Company"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Guildford, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having been a long term employee, I'm leaving the with the utmost respect for the business and with only positive experiences from my time here. The Managers and Directors are supportive, accessible and can invariably impart useful knowledge to ensure you can perform to your full potential. I have seen a certain amount of change over the years, but the business has always managed to stay true to it's values, evolve, and manage to retain and attract the better people this industry has to offer. On that note, this is Investigo's out and out strength. Recruitment is full of "big personalities" yet Investigo have always managed to attract the more down to earth, authentic and amiable individuals. As us recruiters tend to do - i've kept my options open over the years and taken the odd opportunity to network with competitors. Having done so, I can truly say I've not come across any other businesses who have more to offer than Investigo. It's also worth noting the businesses ever growing commitment to CSR. It's fantastic to work for a forward thinking company who want to make a genuine difference in this area. I've personally been involved in cycling around Europe and Sky Diving all in the name of charity. The opportunity is there for everyone to support and contribute in any way which suits them. All in all, great culture, talented people, amazing incentives, generous commission scheme and strong leadership.

Cons

The business is growing fast, so as can be the case when companies expand at a fast rate, some people are being elevated quickly. I've no doubt these people will succeed as Investigo have numerous examples of successful rapid career trajectories - but this is something which needs to be carefully monitored if Investigo are to keep their reputation for strong leadership and management staff you can learn from. Investigo has an industry leading commission scheme above a certain level. This can make it difficult to attract/retain junior recruiters who occasionally have to wait for some time before they can see the spoils of agency recruitment. This is of course an age old issue of agency recruitment and sales generally, but something to be aware of if the business is going to continue to attract the next generation of talent.

January 22, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to leave us such a considered review. As someone who has or is about the leave the business it is fantastic to hear you talk about your time with Investigo so positively. Given your tenure with us and the changes you have no doubt seen it is great to see you reference some of our consistencies around leadership, talent attraction and values amongst your pros. We're equally pleased to see our CSR commitment get a mention as we look to make this our best fundraising year yet and thank you for your brave contribution (sky diving!!! eek) Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your thoughts on your time with Investigo. Good luck with the new role, we wish you every success.

4. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Saint Albans, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Supportive, Professional, Fun and Flexible place to work with talented colleagues.

Cons

Working in Central St Albans is hard on the wallet at lunch time.

December 11, 2017Senior Marketing Executive

Ha, ha, there is so much choice for lunch/shopping in St Albans I see your problem! Very tempting to have a lunchtime shopping trip. Great to get feedback from another of our regional offices, especially from a colleague with your tenure with Investigo. We really appreciate you taking the time to list what makes Investigo 5 stars for you and we hope to continue to provide an environment you enjoy working in.

5. "You want to work there!"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, fun culture. Managment styles that suit individual consultants Amazing incentives Professional Mature approach to recruitment Invest time in their staff

Cons

Don’t become to larger company, eg: There is a disadvantage to been a PLC.

October 3, 2017Senior Marketing Executive

"You want to work there!" we couldn't have put it better ourselves what wonderful feedback to hear. I think you have hit the nail on the head with your 'Pros' listing. It is great to see the things we regards as our USPs coming up again and again via Glassdoor, we must be getting it right! As we grow as a business and look to hit our 2021 headcount target your advise to management will become more and more pertinent. We hope we can hold true to all the things that made you want to work for us whilst offering more opportunities for our colleagues going forward

6. "Working at Investigo"

Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo for more than 5 years

Pros

This has been without a doubt, the best career move I have made to date. Working for a business who genuinely care about their employees and give them the best possible opportunity to earn good money, offer career progression and development to those who want it/ earn it. I couldn't recommend Investigo highly enough.

Cons

Bring back summer Ibiza Trip

March 29, 2017Senior Marketing Executive

It is fantastic to know you have been here over 5 years and are still enjoying your time at Investigo so much. We aim to provide the opportunities you mention and it is great to hear that this has been your experience. We have plenty of work to do to ensure we are still providing the same opportunities going forward and hope to hear from our colleagues that their development is being met moving forward. I'll pass on the Ibiza trip request, you can start a lobbying group. :o)

7. "Sad to say Goodbye"

4.0
    Principal Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo

Pros

I joined Investigo over 7 years ago when there were just 30 people and I sat opposite one of the Co-Founders, who I found to be an inspiring and motivational leader. The business has since successfully grown and inevitably changed, however continues to be an exciting and rewarding place to work. It is no longer the small, growing, entrepreneurial business I joined, but is an established, successful business which continues to hold on to its entrepreneurial spirit. Through motivational leadership and understanding of my own personal goals, Investigo helped me develop my skills as a recruiter and ultimately benefit from the excellent commission and bonus structure. The business also supported me in my own personal changes and as a working mum, were able to provide the flexibility that allowed me to continue my career post children. I leave having made some excellent friends and with some brilliant memories. Investigo is a fantastic business for any strong willed individual to join – it is fun, rewards hard work and success, and has inspiring people within the business.

Cons

Systems use needs to be consistent across the business. Managers are targeted on their own billings as well as their teams, which is a positive in that they are leading from the front, however drive for personal billings can take away from supporting the teams billings.

August 6, 2015Senior Marketing Executive

It is great to hear that Investigo continued to provide you with inspiration and support throughout your tenure with us. We appreciate your candid feedback which has been fed back to the senior management team. We hope you continue to be such a great ambassador and hope you will stay in touch as one of the Investigo alumni. We wish you every success with your future career.

8. "Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

An exceptionally entrepreneurial environment that actively encourages people to think on their own. Offers a great platform for strong sales individuals to build and develop their particular sections. Fantastic sales benefits including quarterly high achiever trips ( Ibiza, Lisbon, Amsterdam etc ) as well as a very lucrative platinum bonus.

Cons

Is a fantastic environment if you have previous experience in recruitment/sales but I do not think it is the best initial platform for rookies. Systems are now in place to improve this however this will take some time. Other than this, the company is the best set up I have seen in 15 years.

June 16, 2015Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such constructive feedback. We are pleased to hear you have and continue to enjoy your time at Investigo. The points raised here are very interesting and will be raised with the management team. Your feedback is vital for us to ensure we keep up the good work and address any challenges. We hope you continue to enjoy working for Investigo

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews