Investigo Reviews

Updated 21 Jun 2020

4.5
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter
  1. "Better than ever!!! Love it.."

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

I love coming into work every day and can't think of a better place to progress my career. Investigo genuinely care about their people and put a huge focus on creating a positive culture and rewarding environment. The calibre of individuals at Investigo is very high and I have been able to learn from everyone around me, which has made me better at my job. The bar is very high at Investigo and you are rewarded very well if you perform at the right level. It's not all about making money. We held our annual charity quiz last week which was attended by over 200 clients and was an amazing event! Our charity initiatives are brilliant.

Cons

You get a lot of autonomy at Investigo and although coaching, training and development is available all the time, you are expected to run your desk how you see fit.

June 3, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we are always absolutely delighted to read comments like "better than ever!!!" It is great to see that you feel Investigo genuinely care about there people and that your experience of our culture is a positive one. We also think the calibre of our people is amazing and we aim to never let that drop! Thank you for your comments, we will make sure these along with all the comments made on this platform and passed back to the Senior Management team.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Joining Investigo has been the best career decision that I have made. The company offers huge amount of progression and learning opportunities at all levels, their business minded and entrepreneurial approach enables you to build and hire strong internal consultants to continue the growth of the business. The culture is great, offering a number of different incentives, wellbeing days and support to smaller charities. The access to the management team that have come from varied backgrounds gives you a balanced approach and opportunity for personal growth. Would recommend the company to any recruiter.

Cons

There isn't any particular cons, if there is an issue and you raise it with the leadership team, it gets actioned within reason!

June 5, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Always a good day when we see a five star review.! Thank you for taking the time to leave us the reasons why Investigo is working for you. We appreciate it and it is especially good to know that you feel if there is an issue the leadership team would address it. It sounds like you have found a place in which to develop and grow your career with us and it is always great to hear that these opportunities are open and being taken by our colleagues. Investigo is frequently described in terms of accessibility be that to the leadership team, the knowledge of other colleagues, development, opportunities, marketing, support etc we consider that to be one of our greatest assests and we're delighted to see it reflected as such in our reviews.

"Review"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

Great people & very collegiate environment

Cons

Still feel that there's too much favouritism & the business is a bit cliquey at time. Investigo is also becoming too LTIP focussed - I feel like people are now pawns in an LTIP game. Nobody has sat down with me to discuss my path in the business & what my personal development plan is.

May 3, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

As always we appreciate you taking the opportunity to use Glassdoor to provide us with your candid feedback, thank you for doing so. You’ve been kind enough to give us four stars as a business so we are delighted to see we are still getting it mostly right for you. I did want to address some of your concerns and see if we can find a way in which to remedy them going forward. We are lucky enough to have great people like yourself here and absolutely want to foster a collegiate environment. This sort of culture naturally creates friendships and bonds, we even run programmes internally to encourage these bonds such as the buddy scheme for new starters, InvestiGay and the Future Leaders Forum. That said inclusivity is paramount and Investigo works continually to ensure we remain a meritocracy and not one based on favouritism. If we are failing in this we want to address it immediately. You refer a couple of times to a feeling of lack of support in your career and personal development and this is concern. As a Senior Consultant you will be invited to the quarterly Future Leaders Forum. This is designed specifically to provide our Senior Consultants with not only the tools and training that will allow them to progress but also an avenue for open and frank discussions regarding progression and business plans with their peer group, if you haven’t been yet it is well worth your time. Alongside this our L&D team hold regular one to one sessions to facilitate and advise on the next steps for development and all of this should be alongside support and guidance of your line manager. As with all support offered it is a two way street, but if you feel you are unable to approach the established channels for this we want to offer you an alternative. All these reviews are completely anonymous, we cannot specifically identify you to work on the areas you highlight but we want to offer some tangible solutions. Firstly I can assure you all review feedback is taken extremely seriously and measures will be taken to address concerns, especially those repeatedly cited. Secondly we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you personally, if you feel comfortable in doing that please contact Lisa Holberton for a confidential conversation.

"Culture needs to change"

2.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent commission structure if you're a TOP biller (if you're not then the thresh hold makes earning commission a hard slog) Fantastic marketing team The work put in to fundraising for the selected charity each year is amazing

Cons

High turn over of staff due to the increasingly toxic culture No longer recruit based on talent / skill but more to reach headcount targets Internal politics are very time consuming - shouldn't have to worry about colleagues poaching your jobs and clients As headcount has grown and more managers and directors are brought in from external sources, it has turned into a KPI managed business

May 20, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking to time to leave us a review, we appreciate your insights and most importantly want to look at how we can improve your experience. From the details above I can see you have been with us for over 3 years and will no doubt be an established part of the Investigo team. It is vital for us to gain an understanding as to what has changed for you and what we can work on going forward. You can be rest assured we never want to see our culture referred to as ‘increasingly toxic’, as our culture is usually a welcome fixture in the ‘Pros’ list and something we are incredible proud of. We can see from your review that it is not all ‘Cons’ and thank you for the positive comments. If we could take this opportunity to address some of the less positive feedback. We are a growing business, at our largest headcount to date, developing new markets and diversifying our offerings. Evolving will always create a degree of change which can be challenging for a time. Whilst we all settle into the new opportunities these changes offer we can expect a degree of disruption, new parameters and understandings are being scoped out and established areas are changing to cope with an evolving market. That is not to say anyone should be made to feel like a cog in a wheel, our success now as always, will be down to the skill and expertise of our people. As we have said before the beauty of Glassdoor reviews are the anonymity and the frankness this allows, we can act generically to improve on areas that need our attention and that is great. What would be even better is if you felt you could speak to someone ‘neutral’ within the business, in the strictest confidence it will remain anonymous. If you feel you are able to we would like to ask you to contact Lisa Holberton so we look to remedy some of your concerns.

"Culture needs to be looked at"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong presence of top billers Can really excel in your career

Cons

Culture is slightly false as new employees are quickly made aware of the internal politics. Lack of on boarding process, flexibility (no work from home) Employees are expected to work through lunch as there is no place other your desk to eat

May 3, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

As a Senior Consultant who has been with us over three years, and most likely built their career with Investigo, we are sorry to see that your experience with us is being challenged at this time. It is always disappointing for us to see negative comments but we want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to making them visible to us so that we can address and remedy them. I am concerned that some of our company wide policies have not been effectively communicated with you. Our onboarding processing includes a induction day, buddy scheme and training, as well as on going L&D support. If you are seeing this missed for new starters (I am assuming, given your tenure you are not talking about yourself), we need to know about this immediately and would sincerely thank you for raising it. We do have a flexible working policy allowing our staff to start early or later and do the same at the ends of the day to better suit their lives and working methods, this is afforded to all including yourself. Working from home is a reward benefit but open to everyone meeting the requirements. I feel it is really important to stress that no employee is expected to work through their lunch hour regardless of where you might to choose to eat. We’ve all eaten at our desks at some point, whilst chatting with the team or browsing the internet but we are not expected to work through it as standard. To more effectively give yourself the break might I suggest you try one of the five break out areas with tables and chairs in the office, as well as the outdoor space afforded to us by Broadgate circle and the surrounding area? I hope that you feel you are able to take advantage of some of these standard practices at Investigo. If you feel in any way you are not please can I direct you to Lisa Holberton for a conversation in strictest privacy.

6. "Great platform for business, poor environment for well-being and personal growth"

1.0

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

Fantastic commission structures and outstanding marketing team that invests into each team whole heartedly

Cons

High staff turnover due to increasing toxic culture. Despite efforts from marketing to engage in mental health activities and awareness campaigns, very little is promoted internally from management to look at the well being of their own teams. You are made to feel valued based solely on billings which adds to the toxicity.

May 20, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

As you can probably imagine we are really disappointed to see such a poor review from a current employee at Investigo. Thank you for your comments and we’re pleased to see at least some pros creeping into what is an otherwise a pretty negative insight. We don’t want to hide behind statistics or industry norms but feel we must address the repeated mention of high staff turnover due to a toxic culture as we feel this is unfair. Recruitment, like a lot of sales jobs, has always experienced a higher than average staff turnover, but Investigo have always maintained a very low attrition rate, which is way below the industry average. We believe this is down to our positive culture, high performance environment and open and collaborative environment, amongst other things. Concerning your feedback on wellbeing; It is shame that you feel both that it is only the Marketing team looking to drive our wellbeing agenda and that you are not feeling the benefits of Investigo’s initiatives. I am sure you can appreciate that whilst the Marketing team are there to communicate and encourage participation in wellbeing activities the directive to invest and drive wellbeing comes from our Board. We know it is not just about our wellbeing Wednesdays which is why we have a plethora of activities supported from the top down that look to nurture the wellbeing of our workforce. Perhaps the key wellbeing directive, which came from feedback from our workforce, is the introduction of flexible working policy. Introduced a couple of years ago, and continually adapted in response to feedback, all staff are able to start and finish their days at a time best suited to them. In addition to this all staff are able to work from home at least every other week and in many cases more often. Alongside our Vitality health membership, corporate gym memberships and employee assistance programs, we also hope to provide a further network of supportive peers through the buddy system, Future Leaders Forum, Women in Investigo, our various D&I initiatives, etc. We have Open Blend specifically created to take a holistic view on the important factors to all employees both inside and outside of work. Open Blend sessions create an ideal platform so that every employee feels supported and has a platform for development and learning. We are passionate about our annual charity incentives offering both the time and opportunity for all employees to step away from their desks and participate with additional days offered to all for volunteering and fundraising. The opportunity to be involved an any of our many fundraising activities is open to all from our Tour de Investigo cycle to the Annual Charity quiz to running your own event. These directives sit alongside our company family days, quarterly social events, summer conference and New Year party, as well as our Investigo and friends events which all look to foster a supportive environment across your networks both internally and externally. To say that little is done to promote wellbeing internally by management is simply incorrect. Personally you may feel this is a justified statement and we’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss not only how you have come to this opinion but also how we can remedy it for you? From your details you are a current employee and we don’t want anyone to feel this way. If you are willing to make a positive move to improve your opinion we’d like to hear from you, in absolute strictest confidence and with objectivity, please contact Lisa Holberton to discuss.

"Not what they say it is..."

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some nice people there. High basic salaries.

Cons

The company is sold as very transparent and ambitious. In reality, they promise the world and deliver on very little. The environment is toxic at every level, with even the Directors backstabbing each other and moaning about the company. You're promised development and help along the way but in fact you get very little, if any. Most months they send out emails asking employees to post positive reviews on Glassdoor and other surveying sites or competitions they're entering and it paints a very false image - nobody is going to write a negative review with their micromanaging senior stood over their shoulder.

April 9, 2019Marketing Manager

We are disappointed to hear your experience at Investigo hasn’t been a positive one. We hope you took the opportunity at your exit interview to provide feedback and share some of these frustrations. If not, then our CEO would welcome the opportunity to sit down with you and discuss further. We feel we need to address your comments on Glassdoor reviews. This is categorically not true, we do not approach people for ‘positive’ reviews – yes, we (our marketing team) ask regularly for reviews at key milestones in an individual’s Investigo career but at no point do line managers stand over people forcing them to write positive reviews. Feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged and we take all feedback seriously and action areas that we can see need addressing. We are constantly looking to improve. We have an extremely high expectation of our people and unfortunately not everyone makes the grade. We have an excellent L&D team, which provides each team a dedicated resource, along with managerial/team support and regular lunch and learn sessions. Last year we introduced Open Blend, a mentoring platform to help improve employee wellbeing, so there is a fantastic support network here – but like with anything though the effort and contribution needs to be two way. Our culture remains our priority and the number one reason people cite for working for the business, which you will see throughout all of our reviews, as well as the countless ones from previous employees. I can only summarise this response by the fact that your time at Investigo has obviously come to an aggrieved end and which is perhaps why the Invesitgo you describe is not a true representation of a business that many people love and are truly passionate about.

8. "Year 1"

4.0

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mature, hardworking environment. Surrounded by very experienced and knowledgeable people. Great marketing team.

Cons

Internal comms could be better, although I think this is the same in most companies.

March 18, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

We are glad to read that "Year 1" has been a positive one for you. We hope it remains to be so and we continue to provide a working environment you enjoy being part of. Communication is so important and especially in an organisation that is growing. Thank you for your advice to management, it will be passed on and increased efforts surrounding internal comms will be reviewed. As always we do love feedback and even better if you have some suggestions for improvement. With this in mind if you have any ideas on what could be done better, your experience of great internal comms within other organisations and any suggestions we would be keen to hear them. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review your feedback will be used to form future plans.

"Senior Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Saint Albans, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Investigo is a highly enjoyable business to work for which is unrecognisable from the company I joined 8 years ago. Our growth is nothing short of exceptional. The working environment is second to non - Inclusive, passionate, supportive and incredibly fun. All my colleagues, from the Admin team to the Senior Directors are a breath of fresh air - Incredibly supportive, professional and approachable. Investigo offers flexibility and unrivalled commission and there is nowhere I would rather work. Massively looking forward to the next 8 years!

Cons

In recruitment you don't stay for 8 years if you're not entirely happy........

January 22, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

You don't stay for 8 years in you're not entirely happy and we are delighted to hear that you are so and looking forward to your next 8 years! It is always so interesting to get insights from those with a long tenure with us as they have seen the business grow and change so much. It is great to see we have only gone up in your estimations and long may we continue to do so. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we massively appreciate your insights which will be shared across the business.

10. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-High growth -Great people which create a fantastic culture -Leadership that listen and action feedback -Strong emphasis on D&I

Cons

-Different teams can sometimes promote their people faster than others, (depending on team requirements) meaning that higher performers are not necessarily as recognised as they should be

Found 184 reviews