Investigo Reviews

Updated 16 Sep 2020

4.6
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter

"Senior Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Saint Albans, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Investigo is a highly enjoyable business to work for which is unrecognisable from the company I joined 8 years ago. Our growth is nothing short of exceptional. The working environment is second to non - Inclusive, passionate, supportive and incredibly fun. All my colleagues, from the Admin team to the Senior Directors are a breath of fresh air - Incredibly supportive, professional and approachable. Investigo offers flexibility and unrivalled commission and there is nowhere I would rather work. Massively looking forward to the next 8 years!

Cons

In recruitment you don't stay for 8 years if you're not entirely happy........

Senior Marketing Executive

You don't stay for 8 years in you're not entirely happy and we are delighted to hear that you are so and looking forward to your next 8 years! It is always so interesting to get insights from those with a long tenure with us as they have seen the business grow and change so much. It is great to see we have only gone up in your estimations and long may we continue to do so. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we massively appreciate your insights which will be shared across the business.

2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-High growth -Great people which create a fantastic culture -Leadership that listen and action feedback -Strong emphasis on D&I

Cons

-Different teams can sometimes promote their people faster than others, (depending on team requirements) meaning that higher performers are not necessarily as recognised as they should be

3. "Superb Company"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Guildford, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having been a long term employee, I'm leaving the with the utmost respect for the business and with only positive experiences from my time here. The Managers and Directors are supportive, accessible and can invariably impart useful knowledge to ensure you can perform to your full potential. I have seen a certain amount of change over the years, but the business has always managed to stay true to it's values, evolve, and manage to retain and attract the better people this industry has to offer. On that note, this is Investigo's out and out strength. Recruitment is full of "big personalities" yet Investigo have always managed to attract the more down to earth, authentic and amiable individuals. As us recruiters tend to do - i've kept my options open over the years and taken the odd opportunity to network with competitors. Having done so, I can truly say I've not come across any other businesses who have more to offer than Investigo. It's also worth noting the businesses ever growing commitment to CSR. It's fantastic to work for a forward thinking company who want to make a genuine difference in this area. I've personally been involved in cycling around Europe and Sky Diving all in the name of charity. The opportunity is there for everyone to support and contribute in any way which suits them. All in all, great culture, talented people, amazing incentives, generous commission scheme and strong leadership.

Cons

The business is growing fast, so as can be the case when companies expand at a fast rate, some people are being elevated quickly. I've no doubt these people will succeed as Investigo have numerous examples of successful rapid career trajectories - but this is something which needs to be carefully monitored if Investigo are to keep their reputation for strong leadership and management staff you can learn from. Investigo has an industry leading commission scheme above a certain level. This can make it difficult to attract/retain junior recruiters who occasionally have to wait for some time before they can see the spoils of agency recruitment. This is of course an age old issue of agency recruitment and sales generally, but something to be aware of if the business is going to continue to attract the next generation of talent.

Senior Marketing Executive

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to leave us such a considered review. As someone who has or is about the leave the business it is fantastic to hear you talk about your time with Investigo so positively. Given your tenure with us and the changes you have no doubt seen it is great to see you reference some of our consistencies around leadership, talent attraction and values amongst your pros. We're equally pleased to see our CSR commitment get a mention as we look to make this our best fundraising year yet and thank you for your brave contribution (sky diving!!! eek) Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your thoughts on your time with Investigo. Good luck with the new role, we wish you every success.

"Fantastic culture however KPI‘s for the sake of KPI’s as opposed to top echelon recruitment."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic company benefits. To name a few : - Ride to work scheme + an annual charity cycle to a European destination - Buddy lunch for your first 6 months paid for by the business. - Accessible marketing team for your digital paraphernalia that’s turned around quickly by reading in-between the lines and understanding what the area you recruit for. - A consistent flow of exciting events throughout the year for everyone to join in and contribute ideas towards. - Training at lunchtime to develop skill sets and learn from high billing individuals.

Cons

- The “Agile” working environment is totally different across the business. A grey area. Dependant on Managers mood on the day as opposed to something that’s rolled out across the business. - Very corporate and no feel of genuine care for employees.

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for leaving us your feedback from your time working at Investigo. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what worked for you and what didn't. You list a great set of pros which include some of the best bits about working for Investigo. It is a shame, considering the pros, that your experience with Investigo was not an entirely positive one. We do have a flexible working policy which as you and other reviewers have commented on somewhat relies on performance markers in order to be awarded. We continue to review and assess our flexible working policy to ensure it is being applied fairly. We will pass your comments back into the business for review as it is so important to create a flexible environment that works for everyone.

5. "Incredible company culture!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really fun place to work! The attitude from management is amazing, they are extremely supportive and genuinely want everyone to feel successful in their roles. There are lots of fun company events and everyone is quite social in general. There isn't an expectation to stay longer past work hours to show face as you're trusted to run your own desk and manage your time efficiently. Everyone works hard, but the company acknowledges your efforts and has the rewards in place for it!

Cons

Nothing springs to mind, overall really great place to work.

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review we really appreciate it. We are so pleased to hear comments surrounding supportive management and trust to run your own desks as these are the key things that are often cited as the reasons Investigo are different to other recruitment firms. It is great to know that your experience has been a positive one so far and long may that continue.

"Pros & Cons"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Business built upon expertise with market-leading consultants - Good work/life balance for those that (can) adhere to flexible working - Fairly strong brand in the market - Largely inclusive environment - Good commission scheme (in certain instances)

Cons

- Growing more 'corporate' by the day and forgetting the core values of yesteryear - Exodus of strong experienced consultants being replaced by trainees - Limited appreciation of achievement; only the very best (or worst) are acknowledged (either financially or nominally) - Commission Scheme; structured in such a way that leaving the business will cost dearly (if you are due 'platinum bonus') - No commission received upon resignation (even if notice period is worked and recent billings are strong)

Senior Marketing Executive

As an ex-employee we really do appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, I know it's not top of your to do list when you're starting somewhere new so thank you for taking the opportunity. Great to see a strong list of pros, we're always delighted to see inclusive environment given a mention - it's so important. You make some valid and interesting insights, please be assured that these comments have been fed back to the senior management team for review. We know that when the Investigo Academy is in full force and our TA team are campaigning for non-experienced recommendations it can feel like a Investigo are only interested in hiring trainee recruitment consultants. Investigo only took 16 inexperienced hires in 2018, so whilst this is probably more we have done before it accounts for only small fraction of our sales team of over 180 consultants. The majority of new hires still possess between 3-5 years experience, so whilst we will continue to hire and train those without recruitment experience (we all had to start somewhere afterall) it is only part of our hiring strategy.

"Jan 2019"

4.0
    Current Employee - Compliance Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great bunch of people to work with, nice atmosphere in the office and I always enjoy the quarterly bashes & summer conference etc.

Cons

I think it would be nice if the support team got invited out on drinks with the consultants every now & again - if a team we work for is being taken out, I think it'd be nice for us to come along sometimes. As the number of employees is growing all the time, we feel like we don't know as many faces anymore so it'd be good to build relationships in that way.

Senior Marketing Executive

Great to get a review from our experts on the compliance team! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and always fab to hear we're getting it right for you in the main. We do hosts 'all employee' events that you list above which are a great way to get everyone mingling but yes you're quite right relationships are often built at smaller gatherings. We know the consultant community have nothing but praise for the Compliance team and would be keen to show their appreciation at events to celebrate success. We will communicate this back to business and thank you for your comments.

8. "Associate Consultant"

4.0
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good training and help throughout the business

Cons

Some attitudes across the business I don't agree with

Senior Marketing Executive

As an Associate Consultant we know that training and support can be key to you finding your feet at Investigo (and in Recruitment). We are delighted to see you list it here as a pro. There are some attitudes across the business I don't agree with either but I suspect that's true of most workplaces. Whilst we might not agree with them they are all part of what makes Investigo a respectful, inclusive culture. That said if you find particular attitudes are preventing you from enjoying your work please make sure you discuss this wherever you feel most comfortable - either with your Buddy, your Manager, one of our trainers or one of the Senior Management Team. We'd much rather address an issue than ignore it and hope you'd feel you could do the same.

9. "Principle Consultant"

5.0

I have been working at Investigo part-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Company really cares about people and after having my child five years ago I have been working on a part time basis which works really well for my work and family life.

Cons

Nothing to report - pretty happy

Senior Marketing Executive

We are always pleased to hear good feedback surrounding work life balance and flexibility. It is great to see that you feel supported by Investigo and have found a balance that works well for you and helps you achieve your goals. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate your feedback

10. "AMAZING"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for

Cons

They gave us microwaves, soo nothing else to add.

Senior Marketing Executive

Short but AMAZING!! I think it is safe to say your experience at investigo has been a positive one so far. Best company you have worked for is praise indeed and we now have microwaves! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, it is hugely appreciated.

Found 186 reviews