Investigo Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 10 Oct 2019

4.6
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter
Pros
  • "Ability to grow your own market and develop other business areas with support and guidance from senior management(in 19 reviews)

• "It's a great place to work where the rewards for hard work are clear to see(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Could be more work done on flexible working hours/ Working from home opportunities(in 8 reviews)

• "Work-life balance could be better(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Entrepreneurial firm with fantastic internal opportunities"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant - Strategy in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- High calibre talent, very professional, consultative - Fantastic client platform and reputation - Warm and friendly people - an environment where you can approach the CEO directly for advice -Earning potential is very good -Ability to grow your own market and develop other business areas with support and guidance from senior management

Cons

-Be prepared to work hard but that is a general rule in recruitment

November 20, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Great to see feedback from our Principal Consultant community, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I think you've hit the nail on the head here, yes recruitment can be hard work but the opportunities, and earning potential at Investigo make it worthwhile. We are always pleased to see the approachability of our senior team mentioned alongside the opportunity and autonomy to develop and grow with like minded entrepreneurs. we hope to continue to deliver to your expectations

2. "A business that listens..."

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working for a corporate agency that felt like school with their approach, I could recommend Investigo enough. You are respected in your space and given the opportunity to truly prove yourself. - Great sales working culture - Always listened to by senior management - Treated like an adult - Flexible working culture - Good incentives - Commission structure clear and motivates to perform well - Incredibly talented consultants in the business - makes you strive to become better. - No rigorous KPI's, but more tailored to each consultant - Clear career path - Exciting growth at Investigo

Cons

- Promotional targets are the same across the whole business. Each sector recruit very different levels and can daunting getting to the target.

October 16, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

A business that listens is absolutely the best we could hope for from a review! This is exactly the culture that we hope to foster and promote across all our colleagues and to hear of it experienced first hand is always very rewarding. Looking at your list of Pros make us very proud, especially items like flexible working culture and personalised KPIs which are both constantly adapted in response to feedback from our colleagues. It's great that have found Investigo to be a mature and rewarding place to work. You make an interesting point in regards to the promotional targets and whilst we strive to be fair it is certainly something for consideration, your comments will be fed back into the business for review. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it.

3. "Second time recruitment agency of the year winner!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Investigo pro’s: • Likeminded people who genuinely want to do well and see others do well. • An amazing trainer / training manager who offers one on one caters each session based on your requirments what you want to improve on. • Collaborative culture encouraged within teams so there isn’t a "dog eat dog" environment. • There are a number of the senior management team who have grown organically with the business, who live and breathe Investigo’ s values and ethos, and are also specialists in their field of business. These people are so valuable to the business as they demonstrate how you can forge a long term career within the company, particularly during times of change and growth.

Cons

• Whilst flexible working is in place, it would be nice to have more flexibility around working from home

May 21, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

We always like to see a review that opens with our recent win! We're all so proud of 'doing the double' at the Recruiter Awards and it great to see it mentioned in one of our reviews as it clearly means a lot to all our colleagues too. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to see some of the areas we consider our USPs listed here such as the collaborative culture and those who have grown and being promoted organically with the business. You also mention our training/trainers as being a major pro which is fantastic and will be fed back to the L&D Team. L&D is something Investigo has invested heavily in over recent times and we are so pleased to see our colleagues feedback positively about it. Flexible working is still pretty new at Investigo and in many ways we are relying upon employee feedback to direct how it will work in the future. Your comments will be delivered back to the SMT for their consideration. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

4. "Amazing culture and true entrepreneurial feel"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone has the opportunity to become truly specialist in their market, supported by expert recruiters at all levels Autonomous and entrepreneurial approach which allows everyone to run their desk and business in the way they feel best Senior management very visible and everything is transparent - growth is talked about every day and always willing to take new ideas and initiatives Reward and incentives are excellent and much better than any other business

Cons

Due to the autonomous culture, sometimes expectations aren't laid out as clearly as they could be but help is always available if you ask for it

December 5, 2017Senior Marketing Executive

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback for your time at Investigo so far. It sounds like you are enjoying it here and we are always delighted to hear that! We are even more delighted to see our culture and the entrepreneurial feel mentioned again in this review as it has been across much of the feedback we have received. As a company going through growth and the inevitable change this brings it is great to hear that we are still true to our Investigo values. We hope to continue to offer an environment where individuals can carve out their own specialisms and run their desks as they would their own businesses. All your comments will be fed back to the Senior Management Team, again thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

5. "Annual Review"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Senior Management Exposure Charitable Autonomous Trusting Forward Thinking External Perception is Strong with Clients Positive Attitude Professional Approach

Cons

Excluding financial billing; it is not made clear how to develop and progress internally. Or an outline development plan does not exist.

October 8, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your experiences at Investigo. I must apologise as I am very delayed in responding on this one, I don't know where it was hiding! We didn't want to let it slip through the net as you have taken the time to let us know what you like and what could be improved we wanted to take the time and say thank you. You make some good points and some that I hope have been addressed over the past 12 months with the 'Future Leaders' programme providing structure and guidance to those looking to grow and progress within Investigo. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will direct it back to the Senior Management Team. Your comments help direct the future strategy of the business.

6. "Great culture, management and transparency"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Investigo has a great culture. The senior management team are transparent and very approachable. Everyone in the company is valued individually and are made to feel that way. At Investigo people are encouraged to develop and grow. Overall a great place to work!

Cons

I couldn't say there are any!

October 3, 2017Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. it sounds like you are enjoying your working life with investigo. Open, honest and transparent is definitely the way to go! We hope we continue to offer you the development and growth opportunities going forward that you have experience so far.

7. "Fantastic platform"

Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo

Pros

After 14 years in recruitment, I have finally found a platform and brand that I am proud to represent. Honest, direct talking senior management and a clear vision and understanding of own brand, investigo have created a culture of accountability and honesty. The growth strategy not only encourages internal talent but recognises the need to hire externally should a division or team need to upskill. I was fortunate to find a business and division that have welcomed an honest and hands on approach which is now seeing success thanks to the team in place and CEO/ED encouragement. The business simply wants you to do well and provides ample support for those with the right attitude. Those who don't? This isn't the place for you.... we want positivity, encourage growth and ambition. With a fantastic balance of experience versus trainees, the business has a breadth of experience and knowledge as well as a strategy for future talent. Ever increasing focus is being placed on training using external support as well as our own talent. Impressive billings for top performers and one of the very best commission structures and a fabulous list of clients to leverage..... a serious consideration for anyone who both love the job and want a platform (without setting up on your own!) to earn some serious money and work with a fabulous group of people.... love it.... reading the above?? Why on earth wouldn't you join.

Cons

Very few .....struggling to think

April 18, 2017Senior Marketing Executive

Wow! What can I say! I don't think we could say it any better or in such motivational terms ourselves. Thank you very much for your glowing endorsement of what it is like to work at Investigo. So much of what you cover here is exactly what we hope our colleagues say about their experiences here and it is great to see it relayed so eloquently. Your comments will be passed onto the SMT. Feedback received via Glassdoor is taken very seriously by the business and direct action, such as the addressing training (and the new microwaves) are a result of colleague feedback.

8. "Mature growing company"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mostly experienced employees, no micro management, senior management very visible and approachable.

Cons

A lot of conflicting personalities, company growing quite large so it is a little more challenging to "keep everyone happy"

November 7, 2016Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your candid feedback is appreciated and extremely valuable to us. It's always great to hear "from the floor" as it were so we can ensure we are responding to the issues that really matter to our colleagues. We can't please all of the people, all of time like you say but we hope to do our best.

9. "Outstanding company with fantastic growth plans!"

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

I have been working at Investigo for around 4 months and so far the experience has been extremely positive. The working environment is enjoyable and everyone is extremely helpful regardless of level and title. Senior management are as approachable as anyone in the business and are always happy to assist in things as simple as the best person to contact in a target firm. Targets are thought out and defined by the recruiter which steers completely away from the "hire em, fire em" type of business. I would highly recommend Investigo to anyone looking to expand on their recruitment career.

Cons

Sometimes the hot chocolate machine runs out and the result is devastating to all concerned.

April 21, 2016Senior Marketing Executive

That hot chocolate is so popular! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it is amazing to hear you feel you have made the right choice by joining Investigo, even better to hear you'd recommend us. Great to hear you echo the same sentiments as your fellow reviewers in regards to our Senior Management team and the autonomy afforded to our consultants. Good to know we are getting this right!

10. "I look forward to coming into work"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

Genuinely one of the best companies i have worked for. It is an autonomous environment, where everyone works hard and wants to do well. It is also a really fun place to work, if you want to socialise then there is never an opportunity too far away. They also have regular company-wide meets, which all makes for a much more enjoyable working environment. Senior Management are always visible across the office and are completely approachable. I look forward to coming into work.

Cons

Nothing to note. It's a long working day but that's recruitment and the days fly by so I can't complain.

March 22, 2016Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review,. This is really helpful feedback and so important for us to know what we are getting right (and wrong of course). It sounds like the Investigo ethos is a good match for you and we hope you continue to enjoy your career with us.

Found 19 reviews