Investigo Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 14 Nov 2019

4.6
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter
Pros
  • "Ability to grow your own market and develop other business areas with support and guidance from senior management(in 19 reviews)

• "It's a great place to work where the rewards for hard work are clear to see(in 15 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good to work for"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Investigo full-time

Pros

Salary was pretty decent for its size

Cons

Not great work life balance

November 20, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. We know it takes time and effort to leave a review, no matter how brief, and wanted to say it is appreciated and your comments will be fed back to the business.

"Pros & Cons"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Business built upon expertise with market-leading consultants - Good work/life balance for those that (can) adhere to flexible working - Fairly strong brand in the market - Largely inclusive environment - Good commission scheme (in certain instances)

Cons

- Growing more 'corporate' by the day and forgetting the core values of yesteryear - Exodus of strong experienced consultants being replaced by trainees - Limited appreciation of achievement; only the very best (or worst) are acknowledged (either financially or nominally) - Commission Scheme; structured in such a way that leaving the business will cost dearly (if you are due 'platinum bonus') - No commission received upon resignation (even if notice period is worked and recent billings are strong)

February 28, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

As an ex-employee we really do appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, I know it's not top of your to do list when you're starting somewhere new so thank you for taking the opportunity. Great to see a strong list of pros, we're always delighted to see inclusive environment given a mention - it's so important. You make some valid and interesting insights, please be assured that these comments have been fed back to the senior management team for review. We know that when the Investigo Academy is in full force and our TA team are campaigning for non-experienced recommendations it can feel like a Investigo are only interested in hiring trainee recruitment consultants. Investigo only took 16 inexperienced hires in 2018, so whilst this is probably more we have done before it accounts for only small fraction of our sales team of over 180 consultants. The majority of new hires still possess between 3-5 years experience, so whilst we will continue to hire and train those without recruitment experience (we all had to start somewhere afterall) it is only part of our hiring strategy.

3. "Principle Consultant"

I have been working at Investigo part-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Company really cares about people and after having my child five years ago I have been working on a part time basis which works really well for my work and family life.

Cons

Nothing to report - pretty happy

January 17, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

We are always pleased to hear good feedback surrounding work life balance and flexibility. It is great to see that you feel supported by Investigo and have found a balance that works well for you and helps you achieve your goals. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate your feedback

4. "Consultant"

5.0

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

Investigo has such a lovely culture and its one of those companies that don't make it hard to get up in the morning. Everyone who works there are lovely and each person has great work ethic which spreads around the office.

Cons

There aren't any cons as such but the life work balance could maybe be improved. a lot of companies finish at 5 which could make a big different on work life balance.

January 7, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Delighted we are not a place that makes you dread Monday mornings! Great culture, strong work ethic this is the sort of environment we hope to create and feedback that lets us know we're getting in right is fantastic. You're not alone with your comments on work/life balance, recruitment can be a long day. Whilst we hope you are taking advantage of our flexible working please be assured your comments and advice will be passed on for review.

5. "Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Culture Friendly and driven people Good structure and support to build up your desk My manager is great

Cons

Work-life balance could be better

November 12, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

I wish I knew who had written this so I could pass it onto your Manager! They'd be delighted and so are we to hear you're so well supported. Both your comments on work life balance and working from home are interesting and will be fed back to the business for consideration. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and especially for your suggestions on what would make it an even better place to work for you.

6. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's tons of opportunity at Investigo at all levels and you're really encouraged to seize it. The leaders are great and there are some really inspirational people throughout the business. Unlike some recruitment companies i've worked for in the past, long-term client and candidate relationships are truly cherished and nobody is just out for a 'quick win'. It makes for a much more satisfying working life and I can honestly say i love my job here.

Cons

A few months ago i would have said 'flexibility' or work/life balance however, with the introduction of flexible working hours and being allowed to go to the gym not at peak times, this is no longer the case! So actually i can't really think of a con right now...

January 29, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

Well we cannot ask for more from this review, fantastic! I think you have described the ethos and working practices here at Investigo perfectly, it is all about the long term relationships. We put a lot of our success down to our protection and development of not only client and candidate relationships but also with our peers past and present. We hope you continue to love your job here. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate you taking the time out to share your thoughts.

7. "Good environment to work"

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility Team spirit Diversity Challenging Fun and enjoyable place to work Work-life balance

Cons

Nothing bad to say. My team especially is extremely friendly, understanding and flexible.

January 15, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

A very incisive list of your Investigo experience so far and one we hope matches the feelings of our colleagues. It is always great to hear we are achieving the values and culture we aimed to. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your comments will be passed to our SMT team.

8. "Autonomous, entrepreneurial environment with great rewards!"

I have been working at Investigo part-time

Pros

Having worked in the industry for over 10 years I can honestly say Investigo is a fantastic place to work. Success is celebrated, staff are rewarded very well and everyone is treated fairly. The business is forward thinking and there are no egos. The commission scheme is one of the best in the market and the business appreciates the importance of a good work life balance and have recently introduced flexible working for the entire workforce. Great company !

Cons

None that come to mind

December 4, 2017Senior Marketing Executive

What great feedback to receive! Given your tenure and experience within the industry we are delighted to hear that Investigo is fairing pretty well. Autonomy, the entrepreneurial environment and the rewards are the USPs integral to Investigo Life. To hear our colleagues experience of them as real parts of their working lives at Investigo is fantastic. We are delighted to know that we are actually doing what we promise to for our workforce. thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it will be fed back to the Senior Management Team.

9. "Great option!"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company culture is great. Quite an autonomous environment where management will let you get on with things, provided that you can demonstrate your ability. Good feel about the business day to day, where people are genuinely happy and friendly. Excellent incentive rewards offered to everyone, every QTR. Commission structure reasonably good.

Cons

Promotion criteria, probably could be looked at Quite federated in terms of business units Work life balance can be looked at, but in comparison to market it's probably one of the better mid-sized agencies

September 14, 2017Senior Marketing Executive

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a detailed, considered review. Employee, past and present, feedback is so important for us to delve into what makes our people happy and what doesn't so much! Great to see culture featuring so highly in your feedback, given your tenure you must have been a part of what makes it great. We hope we can continue to offer the same happy and friendly place of work going forward. Thank you for your advice and constructive suggestions for improvement, they will certainly be passed on to our SMT for consideration.

10. "Great place to work - lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Highly entrepreneurial Lots of ambition Lots of fun Great training and development for staff at all levels Just because the business has grown doesn't mean it is a 'corporate' environment!

Cons

work-life balance could be improved

August 7, 2017Senior Marketing Executive

Great to get another Director review on here, we appreciate you taking the time to do so. It is really valuable to gain an insight into what it is like to work at Investigo from our colleagues, at all levels; What better way to ensure we are getting it right for everyone and learning where we are not. Your 'Pros' echo those highlighted in previous reviews and we are delighted that it does. It is good to know that the USPs presented to you when considering a career at Investigo are felt to be in action during your working life with us. Recruitment is a long day and one that can spill into time outside of work, with clients and candidates only able to take calls outside of working hours themselves. We hope that it is communicated to all our colleagues that they must take the time for themselves, to rest and recover from the working day, make time for lunch and relax etc. We do however appreciate that this might not always be the case and look to our colleagues to provide insight and suggestions as to how we can ensure a work:life balance is being achieved. For a confidential discussion around work:life improvements you would like to see please contact victoria.handcock@investigo.co.uk.

Found 14 reviews