Investigo Employee Reviews about "working hours"

Updated 11 Jun 2020

4.6
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter
Pros
  • "Ability to grow your own market and develop other business areas with support and guidance from senior management(in 19 reviews)

• "It's a great place to work where the rewards for hard work are clear to see(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Could be more work done on flexible working hours/ Working from home opportunities(in 8 reviews)

• "Work-life balance could be better(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "working hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A great business that listens, learns and acts."

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The business constantly seeks out feedback on all aspects of what it's like to work at Investigo and more importantly, acts on that feedback - this has recently resulted in a far more flexible working policy, reduced hours and new tech for the whole business. The commission scheme is clear and transparent which allows people at all levels to earn very well if they perform well - this means the whole business is very much focussed in the same direction, towards acheiving excellence. Despite having some hugely successful people, there are no egos in the organisation - having come from an agency where the bar was lower but there was no shortage of egos, this is hugely refreshing and definitely not the industry norm!

Cons

Whilst normal for a role in recruitment, people have previously been known to work pretty long office hours - I'd hope the introduction of reduced working hours and increased ability to work from home with all of the new Technology means this will become a thing of the past but definitely something to watch...

June 15, 2020Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. As part of our Director community it is great to hear that you feel both heard and able to react to feedback from your reports. It is also great that you are able to see the direct response to that feedback, you mention the recent next steps we have taken to ensure further flexible working for example. It is always brilliant to get a five star review and we thank you for it, we hope to continue to offer a working environment you can call home into the future.

2. "Great place to work with endless opportunities"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to consistently progress is a massive positive for me, with great flexibility in adapting to new markets and opportunities. Culture and people are spot-on with really appealing benefits

Cons

Slightly long working hours would be the only negative point

January 21, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

We are delighted to hear your experience so far at Investigo has presented you with 'endless opportunities'. It is particular great for us to hear this as we'd say whilst we've always been know as being supportive of those looking to open into new markets and opportunities we have had constructive feedback on what more we could be doing to extend that support to progression. From the look of your feedback it looks like we are staring to turn this around and we're pleased you feel positively about your rate of progression. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback (pros and cons) will be fed back to the Senior Management Team.

3. "Still the best!"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

My last 2 years at Investigo has been an absolute blast - the company has provided good learning opportunities, the teams are all very good at what they do and overall employee wellbeing by introducing agile working policy has increasingly become the focus for the company. Via initiatives such as wellbeing days, diversity and inclusion and supporting charities such as the Centre for Mental Health, Investigo continues to grow and learn each year. Excellent leaders at the helm of Investigo have ensured we have consistently been recognised via the numerous awards we continually win. Last but not the least, this is a company that listens to feedback and actions it where reasonable. To summarise, I am very proud to work for Investigo and am excited to be a part of its future.

Cons

Nothing in particular, however a rethink of the current core working hours could be considered especially since other recruitment firms have done so and have continued their successful reign.

November 12, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

Great to see the mention of feedback been given and more important being listened to in your review. We have seen it coming up in a couple of reviews and it is really rewarding to know that efforts to better our employee communication and engagement is having an affect across the business. It sounds like you at home at Investigo and we hope you continue to develop your career with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review, you make some excellent points and as with all our reviews they will be passed onto the Senior Management Team for review.

4. "Great company! Great People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

What a great company to work for! The people here are so friendly and will approach you to see how you are getting on. You are also assigned a buddy who will look after you during your probation period, you also have buddy lunches every month which the company pays for. Just had my first Christmas party and it was great. Great venue, drinks and food. Everyone is up for the theme, no grumpy whinging from anyone, xmas mood in full swing. I heard their summer conference is even bigger and grander so I'm looking forward to that. The working attitute is very good, no micro managing, just full support and confidence. work hard, play hard!!

Cons

Working hours are 8:30 to 6:00 which is very long compared to other companies. some are on different hours; 9:00 to 5:30 due to old contracts. doesn'd feel great when your colleague starts later than you and leaves work before you.

January 29, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

This feedback is wonderful, what a snapshot into working for Investigo. We do pride ourselves on being a supportive, friendly and fun organisation to work for and feedback that we are getting it right genuinely makes our day. Given our hours it is great to hear your are enjoying your first year with us (the summer bash is AMAZING by the way). We hope that our recent Flexible Working Programme will go some way to help you create a working day that suits your requirements. Thank you for the review, we will pass your details on the the SMT.

5. "Great culture and Senior Leadership"

Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unique culture and leadership that takes on the views of employees. Company isn't shy to reward staff with incentives and away days

Cons

Working hours can be long but the company recently introduced flexible working

March 5, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

This is a fab headline to see, we are delighted to hear you think in such positive terms about your time at Investigo so far. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, as another colleague who has been with us over three years it is so insightful to have your comments on what makes Investigo a good or bad place to work. Great that you are enjoying the benefits and rewards alongside feeling you have a voice. Investigo is and always has always tried to be open to the views and opinions of it's employees and the flexible working hours you mention is a direct response to the opinion of the workforce. We hope you continue to enjoy working for Investigo

6. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's tons of opportunity at Investigo at all levels and you're really encouraged to seize it. The leaders are great and there are some really inspirational people throughout the business. Unlike some recruitment companies i've worked for in the past, long-term client and candidate relationships are truly cherished and nobody is just out for a 'quick win'. It makes for a much more satisfying working life and I can honestly say i love my job here.

Cons

A few months ago i would have said 'flexibility' or work/life balance however, with the introduction of flexible working hours and being allowed to go to the gym not at peak times, this is no longer the case! So actually i can't really think of a con right now...

January 29, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

Well we cannot ask for more from this review, fantastic! I think you have described the ethos and working practices here at Investigo perfectly, it is all about the long term relationships. We put a lot of our success down to our protection and development of not only client and candidate relationships but also with our peers past and present. We hope you continue to love your job here. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate you taking the time out to share your thoughts.

7. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Contract Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexi time - independent working, very social - everyone is so friendly, professional environment. Growing company - career progression, loads of training and structure. Brilliant offices

Cons

Previously I would say working hours, they have now introduced flexi time which is excellent! (helps everyone and an excellent benefit

January 29, 2018Senior Marketing Executive

We are delighted to see our Flexible Working Programme already getting such positive feedback. It is great to see it so well received especially as we have frequent mentions of our longer working hours across our employee engagement channels. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a glowing review.

8. "Excellent Company to work for"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture, loads of training opportunities, transparent leadership, excellent commission structure, high achievers trips.

Cons

Could be more work done on flexible working hours/ Working from home opportunities.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews