Iress Analyst Reviews

Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

good company to work for

7 Jan 2021 - Support Analyst in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

traning and support within organisation

Cons

was not easy to work from home

CEO

It’s good to hear you enjoyed the support and development available at Iress despite working remotely. Thanks for the feedback.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great environment, limited career progression

6 Mar 2021 - Analyst in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great non-salary remuneration including heavily discounted private health insurance, discounted share purchase options, free Friday drinks and 50c cokes from the vending machine. Relaxed, friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Feels like a bit of a one way street regarding career progression. Plenty of opportunity to move from middle to senior roles as a developer but roles appropriate for juniors never come up. No wage increase (not even CPI) for 3 years, and this is likely to persist for the foreseeable future.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your comments. I'd love to chat directly on this when you can - will you please contact me on Slack so we can setup a time?

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work

17 Mar 2021 - Business Analyst in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility with hours of work and good culture amongst employees.

Cons

Prefer not to disclosure cons.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback - it’s good to hear you’re enjoying the way we work and the collaboration with colleagues.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good company culture, but very low pay and few benefits

2 Mar 2021 - Support Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture, good software/product, management is very good

Cons

No career progression, little pay and benefits

CEO

Thanks for your comments. Please speak to your team leader about progression - opportunities for growth are available for people who want to make the most of them. Our approach to rem is based on a total package - covering salary, benefits, growth, opportunity, flexibility, working environment - it rewards contribution.

5. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Good company

4 Jan 2021 - Data Analyst in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and good trainjng

Cons

Pay and benefits could be better

6. 4.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Nice culture and good working environment

7 Dec 2020 - QA Analyst in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, relaxed job, nice work collogues and good company culture,

Cons

Changing situations and all your work might go in vain

7. 5.0

Smooth interview process

22 Apr 2020 - Support Analyst in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

HR team provided excellent feedback throughout interview process Help in preparing for interviews On-boarding was very smooth although there was a delay sending my employment forms online possibly due to Xmas

Cons

none I can think of

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

It’s good to hear your recruitment and joining experience was positive - this is an experience milestone I am particularly interested in. Thanks for joining Iress and for feedback.

8. 5.0

Fantastic place to work

16 Dec 2019 - Business Analyst in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

> Really supportive senior management > Creative and smart people to work with > Easy going work culture > Free alcohol, always lights up the Fridays > Open to constructive critical feedback > Competitive remuneration

Cons

> Future career path not well structured > Slow path to promotion and more senior positions > Can be a bit conservative regarding "experience" needed for other positions

CEO

Thanks. We want all our people to grow, develop and expand expertise and experience with Iress. We have great people working here and defining clear and suitable career paths is a current priority.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company that continues to grow

1 Dec 2019 - Senior Finance Analyst in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

People focused on collaboration. Good environment with the right technology to support it's people. Global company. Growing company, both organically and through acquisition which creates opportunities. Fantastic Melbourne office. Easy to work remotely.

Cons

Career path is not linear and often has to be pushed by the individual. Some (not all) leaders are not really leaders and shouldn't be in their position due to technical knowledge. Leaders should be put into position because they are good leaders.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. In terms of personal growth, there is a balance between supporting everyone to be their best but also encouraging people to be individually responsible for defining their development/career path. We expect all leaders (and not just those who manage people) to inspire, motivate and support the people they work with.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A work family like no other!

16 Dec 2019 - Technical Support Analyst in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, supports my family and lifestyle, diverse, opportunities, human connection.

Cons

Individuals following and practising the OneIress philosophy.

CEO

Thanks. I’d like to hear more about your ‘OneIress’ comment...please contact me directly if you are happy to talk further.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews