Iress Engineering Team Lead Reviews

Found 7 of over 329 reviews

4.4
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0

Great Place to work

13 Sep 2020 - Engineering Team Lead in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible timings - Fully Agile - Great Supportive environment - Awesome culture and friendly people - Great location as well - Good work life balance

Cons

- Compensation is less than the same role in other companies

CEO

Thanks for your feedback and great to have you part of the team! Our approach to compensation, we focus on providing a total package (covering salary, benefits, growth, opportunity, flexibility, working environment etc) and keen to chat on it with you.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, great tech and awesome people

16 Dec 2019 - Engineering in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great learning opportunities - Agile development environment - Get to use AWS and new technology - FinTech environment - Huge potential for innovation - Team autonomy / flat structures - table tennis comps!

Cons

- Need to be mindful of work/life balance

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company with great people

4 Mar 2021 - Engineering Team Lead in Cheltenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most engineering teams are outcome-focused and agile. Alignment through all levels of Engineering right up to the leadership. Fairly flat structure. Modern office space. Great people to work with. Are able to move around the company easily. Very resilient - Iress has grown through the pandemic and been very supportive of their staff.

Cons

Career development from team leader and tech lead can be hard. Not much opportunity higher up. Wage isn't competitive with the market rate if you've been there a long time. As Iress has purchased other companies, these newer parts of the business are not forward-thinking, and there can be some politics in these areas. This problem becomes systemic through the systems built by these areas and can take a very long time to break down.

CEO

Thanks for your in-depth comments. I am pleased that you have felt well-supported throughout the pandemic. I’d like to understand your comments better. Please drop me a line if you’re happy to discuss further.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place for women in technology; we just need more!

13 Oct 2020 - Software Engineering Team Lead in Cheltenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working in technology. I work with great people who have innovative ideas on how to solve problems and meet outcomes. The people are diverse, and the senses of humour are second to none! I never live the same day twice. What I really like about Iress is the encouragement for people of all backgrounds to join and then find and create their own career path. Particularly I have found that there is a great spirit of supportiveness and collaboration with the women at the company. There are strong women at almost every level. (But you can only have one CEO right?) I have never once felt sidelined, passed-over, or like my opinion did not carry equal weight. All contributions are welcome, regardless of who they are from. The problem is, when recruiting, we just don't get that many female applicants for the engineering oriented roles.

Cons

Need to encourage movement internally between engineering teams more often - can sometimes be a reliance on key people and a fear of losing them, but this creates silos of knowledge and is self-defeating. Need to put more effort into getting the Dev-ops culture embedded in larger departments, not just the smaller teams.

CEO

Thanks for such a thoughtful and passionate review. I am pleased to read your comments especially on feeling supported and listened to. I’d love to hear more from you about your thoughts on Winning Steps and how these apply directly to what teams do and what people do - please get in touch with me.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A fantastic company with sound morals aligned from the top

16 Apr 2020 - Software Engineering Team Lead in Cheltenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive of work/life balance, flexible, a great benefits package, great career opportunities, robust business model, positive revenue growth and sound morals. On the last point, an example of this is Iress investing in the 'Talent Beyond Boundaries' initiative which the CEO is a vocal advocate of. The drive from the technical side of the business over the past 18-24 months has revolutionised the company. If you work hard you're rewarded for it, with the support in place for all to succeed if willing. Particularly pertinent is the support from the business in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. It has been nothing short of amazing.

Cons

These are minor points but relevant and honest: - Can be overly focused on Australian initiatives over Global ones. - The offices in certain locations are in desperate need of refurbishment, although the company have recently announced this is going ahead. - Very fast moving/agile in some departments (which is great) with other business areas lagging behind (which isn't so great).

CEO

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I agree that Iress is fantastic place to be and I am looking forward to seeing the impact of our workplace strategy in the UK like we have witnessed elsewhere and people get on board with that. Would love to chat directly on global initiatives and regional ones which exist concurrently.

6. 4.0

Great place to work

21 Oct 2020 - Engineering Team Lead in Cheltenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great size where you can move between team with new experiences while not getting lost in a massive corporation. Very friendly both from colleagues and a sense of management looking out for it's people. Drive from technology to "do the right thing" and focus on engineering practices backed with some great tech people. Support for leaders to manage their teams fairly independently and trust that we'll do the right things for them.

Cons

Some areas of the company not moving at the same speed as others adopting newer practices.

CEO

I am pleased to see your reference about ‘new experiences’ - this is hugely important to us. Our approach on newer practices does take time as we seek that people understand and take-up (and not simply dictate). However, this must align over time, and so please speak to your people leader if you feel this is impacting you and your team. I would be keen to understand more detail on it also from you. Thanks for your insight.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Tons of opportunities and amazing exposure

29 Jun 2020 - Head of Engineering in Johannesburg
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flat structure and very meritocratic Opportunities to work on cutting edge tech stack Very approachable and open-minded senior management Limited red tape

Cons

Collaboration between many regions and time-zones can be tricky

CEO

The positives you reference are extremely pleasing to see, especially the one about limited red tape. The ability to work across regions is one of the most exciting parts of working at Iress, although increase the challenge. Our workplace tech and tooling for collaboration and flex helps optimise distributed teams.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews