Iress Senior Software Engineer Reviews

Found 9 of over 329 reviews

3.1
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hitting all the right notes

7 Apr 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Good tech stack and knowledgable peers * Flat management structure * Inclusiveness

Cons

* Work could be consuming

CEO

Sounds musical! Great to hear you enjoying your first year at IRESS..thanks for your feedback.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Average experience, good place to start career, not so good for established professionals.

16 Dec 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunities, nice clean office, flexible work arrangements.

Cons

Salary is lower than market average. Some teams are toxic and unproductive. Senior developers who worked for over 10 years in company leave and get replaced with junior devs. All the benefits are getting cut.

CEO

It’s a shame that your experience doesn’t seem to be match the majority of our colleagues. In terms of reward, we focus on providing a total package covering salary, benefits and many other things including growth, development, flexibility and opportunity. I’d like to understand more about your view of ‘some teams’ - please Slack me to speak directly.

3. 3.0

Pretentious company

17 Apr 2019 - Senior Full Stack Developer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has a relaxed environment with good work/life balance.

Cons

Advancing the career is quite tough. Have seen people who doesn't deserve to be promoted and those who do the real work, a lot of excuses and little or no raise. The compensation is average and the benefits are not as good as claimed. When your work depends on another team, it's painfully slow and cumbersome. In a nutshell, they oversell the culture and values. It sounds great on paper, the reality however, is far from it.

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

I’m disappointed to read your perspective/experience and meeting expectations in engineering - these aren't what I see and hear. In our most recent people surveys, 80% of people said IRESS they believed our values were important to us and 74% said they were proud to work for IRESS. Our focus regarding reward is on providing a total package covering pay, benefits and many other aspects (including growth, development, flexibility and opportunity). It would be good to chat further about the specifics of your comments around advancing your career and being hindered by others teams - let me know on SLACK if you want to discuss over a coffee.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Worst place to work

19 Feb 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Some are really nice except few - Upper management is controlled by Bosses not Leaders

Cons

- Few people leaders are worst and stand at door to check your office timings. If you're 10 seconds late then you'll be called for meetings and threatened to fire. - Seniors have the mentality of my way or highway, if you've any opinion then please keep to yourself. - No work life balance as you're forced to work more than 9 hours a day because we don't have a choice - Last person promoted in this company is 40+ years old so NO GROWTH - Lower than market standard salaries - Checking time on mobile device in meeting is considered under performance - They offer performance checkins twice a year but you will always be under performing according to them - Many good engineers have resigned within last 8 months so retention rate is very low.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

I am very interested in your feedback as it does seem to contradict the views of your colleagues at IRESS based on our most recent people surveys where 73% of people said their ideas and opinions counted and 79% said they have the flexibility to manage their work/life balance. Some of most important projects have tech leadership across all ages and so even more interested in your perspective. Give me a call.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just your typical corporation trying to be "different" as all corporation are trying to be.

1 Feb 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work to life balance. Good place to learn about finance. I might not like everyone, but some of my co-workers are awesome. Good place for graduates to start their career.

Cons

To many "Golden children"within teams. Experienced developers have left or are leaving. JIRA driven development - lets create more processes and tools so we can have nice graphs which means nothing but makes upper management happy. Salary is below market rate and way below rates in financial institutions (for devs). Office politics ! No career progression. Benefits are not really beneficial for average employee.

6 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for sharing your views. I'd love to know more about your views and why you see many of the things that we do not putting emphasis on software and the way we engineer it and opportunities to be involved. You can reach me directly on SLACK to meet up and discuss.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Senior Software Developer

8 Dec 2018 - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a tech focus which is nice in the banking industry.

Cons

Large public company were its hard working with HR.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. If you are willing to share more details of your experience, I'd appreciate it. I expect you have my contact details, so please feel free to contact me directly.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Senior Software Engineer

2 Feb 2018 - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

no responsibility, flexible time. a startup place.

Cons

low salary, manufacture factory management approach.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Average run of the mill software factory

22 Apr 2020 - Senior Software Development Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed working environment Nice offices Willing to explore technologies Remote working options

Cons

Confused priorities Willingness to explore technologies (pro) has resulted in a mess of uncoordinated technologies that compete for attention. Internal politics and non-technical management results in unnecessary meetings Lots of non-jobs that find work for too few proper software engineers (my fav - "Delivery Coach"! LOL! Guy drove a miro board for a living)

9. 5.0

Great place to work

16 Oct 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Cheltenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive team, lots of ways to develop your career

Cons

Can't think of any. It's not your regular corpo job. Fairly relaxed almost start-up like.

CEO

Thanks for the feedback. "not your regular corp job" !!

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews