Iress Software Developer Reviews

1. 5.0

Software Engineer at Iress

14 Aug 2020 - Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cultural diversity, flexible work-from-home (including pre-covid), emphasis on career development and support, exposure to a large variety of technical challenges.

Cons

UX/UI design seems to be a pretty new concept to the company. Although the company is trying to modernise its tech stacks (with many successes), there is still a lot of legacy - mostly in code but also in a few lingering mindsets.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Your desire around career development and new opportunities is good to see. Available opportunities are promoted on Slack and listed on Workday, so pls speak to your people leader for further info.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

11 May 2021 - Software Developer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, easy dress code

Cons

can get a little cramped

3. 1.0

Good for having a job

7 Jan 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and great team events

Cons

Lack of leadership No raise to anyone No career growth

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

In terms of leadership, the feedback from our 2020 people survey was generally positive about our leaders. Career development is, and always has been, a core element of what we offer to our people - the opportunities are there for those who want professional and personal growth.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not my kind of culture

27 Oct 2020 - Software Engineer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some smart people and had a great Team Lead

Cons

Toxic culture within the Leadership space, Silo'd teams that weren't great at collaboration Diversity is very low within the Engineering space

CEO

Thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated. We are hungry, pragmatic and promote collaboration within and across teams. But we may not be the right place for everyone and I won't apologise for that. Our latest survey results confirmed that people felt Iress was a diverse employee (incl in engineering), and 78% said their people leader is a great role model....so if you are interested in discussing your experience with me directly, please get in touch.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Software Engineer in Iress

21 Jul 2020 - Software Engineer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly working environment - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Growth path is not clear

CEO

Great to hear you are enjoying working at Iress. Ensuring available growth opportunities for everyone is important, and defining clear and suitable career paths is a priority for us. Please reach out to discuss further.

6. 5.0

Great Flexible Work Environment

19 Apr 2020 - Full Stack Developer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Work Environment Opportunity to work with latest technologies Supportive People Leader

Cons

Can't think of any con.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. It is great to read what you have highlighted as contributors to a positive experience at Iress.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best companies in Australia to work

14 Nov 2019 - Graduate Software Engineer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, people, work-life balance, growth opportunities, training by company, flexible working hours

Cons

I do not know anything so far. Maybe legacy code

CEO

Thanks for taking the time. Great to hear that you have settled in - I love the energy, skill and outlook our graduates bring to Iress. Quality needs to always be upheld.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

People are the greatest aspect of working at iress

26 Feb 2019 - Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at iress sydney office for 3 years, and the best thing about the company is definitely people. I worked in 3 different team in the past 3 years, and I've always felt supported in each team. I've had 4 different supervisors (people leaders) during the past 3 years, and every one of them has been very supportive. Exec team are approachable, and the company have went through a lot of changes in the last 3 years. New Office, new workflow, CI/CD...

Cons

Sometime it feels resources can be stretched quite thin and one can be struggling to get things done with so many different focuses. Work can sometimes be a little overwhelming especially when client pressure comes in. Sometime rushed work will to a less desirable work environment.

CEO

People are IRESS' key (and only) asset..and I completely agree with your view that they are the greatest aspect! I am pleased about your experience with leaders and their support. We are busy (and I like to think that’s a good thing!) but this shouldn't translate feeling overwhelmed - if this occurs, please speak to your people leader so they can help you prioritise and ensure we uphold quality.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Average experience, good place to start career, not so good for established professionals.

16 Dec 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunities, nice clean office, flexible work arrangements.

Cons

Salary is lower than market average. Some teams are toxic and unproductive. Senior developers who worked for over 10 years in company leave and get replaced with junior devs. All the benefits are getting cut.

CEO

It’s a shame that your experience doesn’t seem to be match the majority of our colleagues. In terms of reward, we focus on providing a total package covering salary, benefits and many other things including growth, development, flexibility and opportunity. I’d like to understand more about your view of ‘some teams’ - please Slack me to speak directly.

10. 3.0

Pretentious company

17 Apr 2019 - Senior Full Stack Developer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has a relaxed environment with good work/life balance.

Cons

Advancing the career is quite tough. Have seen people who doesn't deserve to be promoted and those who do the real work, a lot of excuses and little or no raise. The compensation is average and the benefits are not as good as claimed. When your work depends on another team, it's painfully slow and cumbersome. In a nutshell, they oversell the culture and values. It sounds great on paper, the reality however, is far from it.

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

I’m disappointed to read your perspective/experience and meeting expectations in engineering - these aren't what I see and hear. In our most recent people surveys, 80% of people said IRESS they believed our values were important to us and 74% said they were proud to work for IRESS. Our focus regarding reward is on providing a total package covering pay, benefits and many other aspects (including growth, development, flexibility and opportunity). It would be good to chat further about the specifics of your comments around advancing your career and being hindered by others teams - let me know on SLACK if you want to discuss over a coffee.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Reviews