Iress Employee Reviews about "career progression"

Updated 15 Nov 2019

4.3
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Cons

Reviews about "career progression"

Return to all Reviews

"Just your typical corporation trying to be "different" as all corporation are trying to be."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work to life balance. Good place to learn about finance. I might not like everyone, but some of my co-workers are awesome. Good place for graduates to start their career.

Cons

To many "Golden children"within teams. Experienced developers have left or are leaving. JIRA driven development - lets create more processes and tools so we can have nice graphs which means nothing but makes upper management happy. Salary is below market rate and way below rates in financial institutions (for devs). Office politics ! No career progression. Benefits are not really beneficial for average employee.

February 10, 2019CEO

Thanks for sharing your views. I'd love to know more about your views and why you see many of the things that we do not putting emphasis on software and the way we engineer it and opportunities to be involved. You can reach me directly on SLACK to meet up and discuss.

"Low pay, not enough benefits"

2.0

I worked at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Flexibility. Allow people working remotely, which is good especially for those having young kids. * Team mates are friendly, nice working environment. * A lot of smart people to work with.

Cons

* Poor pay. Much lower than average, pay raise is small every year. When discussing with managers, they said company is not making enough money to give a good pay raise, but they just renovated the office and get everyone an expensive laptop... * There was a bonus system (although still just a little bit money), but not anymore. * Some people that don't do much work but are paid a lot, and some people are doing actual work get paid not well, which make people disappointed. * High turn over rate. A lot of experienced developers left the company. Some of them were made redundant, and were replaced by new employees with much smaller package. * Employee benefit was not as good as it used to be a few years ago, and are getting worse. Free soft drinks are now 50 cents, and the money goes to charity. Pizza used to be Crust, now is Domino..... I believe a big company like IRESS doesn't lack such a small amount of money. * Lacking of communication between teams. If requires help from other teams, from official channel would take ages, it's much easier if you have a friend in that team. * When a production issue happens, teams are throwing the ball to each other * Not much career progression.

August 26, 2018CEO

We’re consider our pay and benefits package to be competitive, and the new remuneration model we introduced earlier this year brings even more focus to this. When it comes to communication and collaboration, we recognise there are always more ways to improve, but my personal experience with teams sees very positive collaboration directed to great client outcomes. I can assure you that we recognise the value of teamwork and the diverse range of experience, talent and expertise we have. Thanks for your feedback.

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Melbourne

I worked at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment, not expected to work long hours, well established company with good job security

Cons

Salaries are well below average for the industry, and management positions are always filled externally and so there is no chance of career progression.

July 19, 2017CEO

Continuing to provide the right reward, appropriate career progression, and a broad range of challenging opportunities are important elements for us. There will be always be instances where individuals feel there is more we can do and your views illustrate this. All the best for the next stage in your career.

4. "Great work environment"

Support Analyst in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, great people, best CEO

Cons

Salary is average Career progression is not very clear

April 22, 2017CEO

Great to hear and thanks for feedback.

5. "Great place"

I worked at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great team environment nice office

Cons

salary is low not much opportunity for career progression

"Cheltenham office"

Former Employee - Hosted Operations Systems Engineer in Cheltenham, England

I worked at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good location, benefits, salary & overtime, management communication. Middle management (team leaders not included) and HR are excellent, seem trusting in your ability to work and push you forward to improve. Excellent IT equipment and able to work from home. Some peers are professional and easy to work with. Upper Management are excellent at what they're doing and are always good at taking the company forward.

Cons

No career progression possible due to lack of movement higher-up. There appear to a minority that act childish despite their age and position in close proximity, sometimes unwilling to help at first which can cause serious consequences. Some have been there for so long they have become bitter and set in their own ways and in powerful positions despite being at the bottom of the hierarchy. Too easy to unintentionally upset some individuals which has unfair consequences. One or two managers unwilling to listen due to their ego. No appreciation for the amount of knowledge and tasks that get assigned to you and doing a good job with them. If you resign, upper management ignore you as you're no longer worth their time.

December 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for your review and appreciate the detail on both sides. When looking at the performance, we place equal emphasis on what and how they achieve - therefore it's disappointing to hear that your experience at Iress seems to have been tainted by the behaviour of a few individuals. Although you have moved on, I'd be happy to learn more from you - please contact me at ceo@iress.com.

7. "A fun and exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Advertising Assistant in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Iress is a dynamic and constantly evolving place to work. The atmosphere is great and the social side of things is even better.

Cons

As a company they can be a bit reactive to the market rather than proactive which can be a bit frustrating. Career progression can be harder if you are not a programmer or developer.

November 3, 2019CEO

I%E2%80%99m glad you find Iress to be fun and exciting to work...I do too! I%E2%80%99d like to understand more about your %E2%80%98a bit reactive%E2%80%99 comment and re new products. Slack me if you are happy to discuss directly.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flexible working - Good company benefits - Great people to work with

Cons

- Lack of structure around performance management - Lack of career progression opportunities - No significant bonus or pay appraisals

October 10, 2018CEO

Thanks for the feedback. I’d like to understand more about your perspective on performance management, career progression and reward. These are important elements for which we have focussed key initiatives this year, including a new remuneration model. Would you please reach out to me or Julia McNeill if you are happy to discuss further.

9. "Technical Support"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

Great People Nice office spaces to work in the UK WFH (Some departments only - depending on line manager approval) One IRESS is a nice approach. But still silos within the companies / offices

Cons

A distinct lack of understanding in what you do from EXCO. As an IT company they are still stuck in the 2000's. Operating a very poor back end core infrastructure in the UK with absolutely no direction or investment to resolving. this. CTO has just changed which may resolve some of the stale IT direction the company has taken. Management restructure is needed. No training given Steep learning curve due to the above. Long working hours required Job opportunities only arise when staff leave, very little career progression available

November 23, 2017CEO

I’m keen to hear the detail to the points you raise so please get in touch with me directly if you would like. I'd appreciate your views.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews