Iress Employee Reviews about "flexible working"

Updated 8 Oct 2020

Found 22 of over 329 reviews

4.2
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination(in 29 reviews)

• "Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Career progression can be harder if you are not a programmer or developer(in 11 reviews)

• "Need to be mindful of work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "flexible working"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great place to work

31 Aug 2020 - Senior Client Relationship Officer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment Ability to build skillset Sharing of knowledge Opportunity to be part of a new service offering Flexible working A company that considers working families

Cons

Nothing yet within the first 7 weeks

CEO

Welcome to Iress! Great to see you’ve had a positive first few weeks.

2. 5.0

Software Engineer at Iress

14 Aug 2020 - Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cultural diversity, flexible work-from-home (including pre-covid), emphasis on career development and support, exposure to a large variety of technical challenges.

Cons

UX/UI design seems to be a pretty new concept to the company. Although the company is trying to modernise its tech stacks (with many successes), there is still a lot of legacy - mostly in code but also in a few lingering mindsets.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Your desire around career development and new opportunities is good to see. Available opportunities are promoted on Slack and listed on Workday, so pls speak to your people leader for further info.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, fun and challenging

18 Apr 2020 - Security Architect in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really smart people especially when it comes to software and automation Collaborative and open to new idea and experiments People leaders are truly that - very supportive Awesome recruitment and HR team Flexible working

Cons

None that I would consider as cons, the initial few months can be tough but that's the fun and challenging part as well!

CEO

You highlight some great positives about working at Iress. Your reference to ‘smart people’ especially resonates with me (as I am sure it does with everyone at Iress). Thanks for taking the time.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A place people genuinely enjoy coming to every day and it shows

17 Dec 2019 - Talent Acquisition in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture and everyone is super friendly and willing to help each other out - People seem to genuinely enjoy working here - Casual dress and flexible working arrangements - Global company with lots of growth opportunities - Games room with pool table and table tennis is great for socializing and getting to meet different people - No sales pressure (coming from a recruitment agency background to my first internal role)

Cons

Can't fault anything yet and am loving my time here. Actually, we need to balance out the apple to banana ratio better in the free fruit supplies (though you can't really call free fruit a con can you?)

CEO

Great to see you are enjoying life at Iress. Thanks for the review..I am a big fan of the banana too!

5. 5.0

Great Flexible Work Environment

19 Apr 2020 - Full Stack Developer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Work Environment Opportunity to work with latest technologies Supportive People Leader

Cons

Can't think of any con.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. It is great to read what you have highlighted as contributors to a positive experience at Iress.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Software Engineer in Iress

21 Jul 2020 - Software Engineer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly working environment - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Growth path is not clear

CEO

Great to hear you are enjoying working at Iress. Ensuring available growth opportunities for everyone is important, and defining clear and suitable career paths is a priority for us. Please reach out to discuss further.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best companies in Australia to work

14 Nov 2019 - Graduate Software Engineer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, people, work-life balance, growth opportunities, training by company, flexible working hours

Cons

I do not know anything so far. Maybe legacy code

CEO

Thanks for taking the time. Great to hear that you have settled in - I love the energy, skill and outlook our graduates bring to Iress. Quality needs to always be upheld.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Average experience, good place to start career, not so good for established professionals.

16 Dec 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunities, nice clean office, flexible work arrangements.

Cons

Salary is lower than market average. Some teams are toxic and unproductive. Senior developers who worked for over 10 years in company leave and get replaced with junior devs. All the benefits are getting cut.

CEO

It’s a shame that your experience doesn’t seem to be match the majority of our colleagues. In terms of reward, we focus on providing a total package covering salary, benefits and many other things including growth, development, flexibility and opportunity. I’d like to understand more about your view of ‘some teams’ - please Slack me to speak directly.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

An exciting place to work and grow

23 Apr 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- the company culture encourages innovation and diversity. - lots of smart people who are also very friendly. many community events - fantastic CEO - visionary and approachable - modern workplace, technologies used have been evolving dramatically for the past 5 years - free fruits, coffee, Friday drinks and etc. - paid leaves etc. for example you get ~8 day paid leave when your kid starts school. - flexible working is supported - plenty opportunities to learn and grow (if you choose to)

Cons

- it can be overwhelming to keep up in a fast-paced place and sometime you just lose the work/life balance inadvertently

CEO

Thanks for listing a variety of positives in your experience at IRESS. I am proud to read innovation, diversity, flexibility, leave and learning and growth. Things are pretty fast-paced (in the world too) but this needs to stay in control...if you ever feel yourself overwhelmed, make sure you discuss it with your people leader to help work through priorities.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work at except lower than average pay

2 Aug 2019 - IT Support Analyst in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company culture. Very nice and friendly. No office politics. Flexible working hours.

Cons

Lower than average salary. Barely minimum bonuses. Always rush to do things without proper planning.

CEO

I agree that Iress is ‘a great place to work’. When it comes to reward, we provide a total package which covers salary, benefits, growth, development, flexibility and opportunity. I’d like to understand more about your comment re proper planning - please Slack me if you can make time to discuss. Thanks for your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews