Iress Employee Reviews about "flexible working"

Updated 21 Jul 2020

4.3
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Cons

Reviews about "flexible working"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Flexible Work Environment"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Work Environment Opportunity to work with latest technologies Supportive People Leader

Cons

Can't think of any con.

May 5, 2020CEO

Thanks for your feedback. It is great to read what you have highlighted as contributors to a positive experience at Iress.

2. "Software Engineer in Iress"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

- Friendly working environment - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Growth path is not clear

August 10, 2020CEO

Great to hear you are enjoying working at Iress. Ensuring available growth opportunities for everyone is important, and defining clear and suitable career paths is a priority for us. Please reach out to discuss further.

3. "Fast paced, fun and challenging"

Current Employee - Security Architect in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really smart people especially when it comes to software and automation Collaborative and open to new idea and experiments People leaders are truly that - very supportive Awesome recruitment and HR team Flexible working

Cons

None that I would consider as cons, the initial few months can be tough but that's the fun and challenging part as well!

August 10, 2020CEO

You highlight some great positives about working at Iress. Your reference to ‘smart people’ especially resonates with me (as I am sure it does with everyone at Iress). Thanks for taking the time.

4. "A place people genuinely enjoy coming to every day and it shows"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture and everyone is super friendly and willing to help each other out - People seem to genuinely enjoy working here - Casual dress and flexible working arrangements - Global company with lots of growth opportunities - Games room with pool table and table tennis is great for socializing and getting to meet different people - No sales pressure (coming from a recruitment agency background to my first internal role)

Cons

Can't fault anything yet and am loving my time here. Actually, we need to balance out the apple to banana ratio better in the free fruit supplies (though you can't really call free fruit a con can you?)

February 21, 2020CEO

Great to see you are enjoying life at Iress. Thanks for the review..I am a big fan of the banana too!

5. "Average experience, good place to start career, not so good for established professionals."

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning opportunities, nice clean office, flexible work arrangements.

Cons

Salary is lower than market average. Some teams are toxic and unproductive. Senior developers who worked for over 10 years in company leave and get replaced with junior devs. All the benefits are getting cut.

February 21, 2020CEO

It’s a shame that your experience doesn’t seem to be match the majority of our colleagues. In terms of reward, we focus on providing a total package covering salary, benefits and many other things including growth, development, flexibility and opportunity. I’d like to understand more about your view of ‘some teams’ - please Slack me to speak directly.

6. "One of the best companies in Australia to work"

Current Employee - Graduate Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, people, work-life balance, growth opportunities, training by company, flexible working hours

Cons

I do not know anything so far. Maybe legacy code

December 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for taking the time. Great to hear that you have settled in - I love the energy, skill and outlook our graduates bring to Iress. Quality needs to always be upheld.

7. "A great place to work at except lower than average pay"

Current Employee - IT Support Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent company culture. Very nice and friendly. No office politics. Flexible working hours.

Cons

Lower than average salary. Barely minimum bonuses. Always rush to do things without proper planning.

September 16, 2019CEO

I agree that Iress is ‘a great place to work’. When it comes to reward, we provide a total package which covers salary, benefits, growth, development, flexibility and opportunity. I’d like to understand more about your comment re proper planning - please Slack me if you can make time to discuss. Thanks for your feedback.

8. "An exciting place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- the company culture encourages innovation and diversity. - lots of smart people who are also very friendly. many community events - fantastic CEO - visionary and approachable - modern workplace, technologies used have been evolving dramatically for the past 5 years - free fruits, coffee, Friday drinks and etc. - paid leaves etc. for example you get ~8 day paid leave when your kid starts school. - flexible working is supported - plenty opportunities to learn and grow (if you choose to)

Cons

- it can be overwhelming to keep up in a fast-paced place and sometime you just lose the work/life balance inadvertently

May 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for listing a variety of positives in your experience at IRESS. I am proud to read innovation, diversity, flexibility, leave and learning and growth. Things are pretty fast-paced (in the world too) but this needs to stay in control...if you ever feel yourself overwhelmed, make sure you discuss it with your people leader to help work through priorities.

9. "IRESS review - MELB"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Iress

Pros

Awesome office, great people, flexible working, lots of learning , stand up desks!

Cons

I haven't found any yet

"not that bad"

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

flexible working hours; nice environment

Cons

Low pay; old tech stuff

Found 19 reviews