Iress Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 3 Jan 2021

Found 27 of over 329 reviews

4.2
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination(in 29 reviews)

• "Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Career progression can be harder if you are not a programmer or developer(in 11 reviews)

• "Need to be mindful of work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great Place to work

13 Sep 2020 - Engineering Team Lead in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible timings - Fully Agile - Great Supportive environment - Awesome culture and friendly people - Great location as well - Good work life balance

Cons

- Compensation is less than the same role in other companies

CEO

Thanks for your feedback and great to have you part of the team! Our approach to compensation, we focus on providing a total package (covering salary, benefits, growth, opportunity, flexibility, working environment etc) and keen to chat on it with you.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

3 Jan 2021 - Senior Test Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance, good start point to get involved in financial market

Cons

$$$, and career development chances not so great

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Career development is massively important at Iress, and the opportunities are there for those who want to grow. When it comes to rem, our approach is based around providing a total package (covering salary, benefits, growth, opportunity, flexibility, working environment etc) that rewards everyone for their contribution.

3. 4.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Nice culture and good working environment

7 Dec 2020 - QA Analyst in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, relaxed job, nice work collogues and good company culture,

Cons

Changing situations and all your work might go in vain

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, great tech and awesome people

16 Dec 2019 - Engineering in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great learning opportunities - Agile development environment - Get to use AWS and new technology - FinTech environment - Huge potential for innovation - Team autonomy / flat structures - table tennis comps!

Cons

- Need to be mindful of work/life balance

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best companies in Australia to work

14 Nov 2019 - Graduate Software Engineer in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, people, work-life balance, growth opportunities, training by company, flexible working hours

Cons

I do not know anything so far. Maybe legacy code

CEO

Thanks for taking the time. Great to hear that you have settled in - I love the energy, skill and outlook our graduates bring to Iress. Quality needs to always be upheld.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

An exciting place to work and grow

23 Apr 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- the company culture encourages innovation and diversity. - lots of smart people who are also very friendly. many community events - fantastic CEO - visionary and approachable - modern workplace, technologies used have been evolving dramatically for the past 5 years - free fruits, coffee, Friday drinks and etc. - paid leaves etc. for example you get ~8 day paid leave when your kid starts school. - flexible working is supported - plenty opportunities to learn and grow (if you choose to)

Cons

- it can be overwhelming to keep up in a fast-paced place and sometime you just lose the work/life balance inadvertently

CEO

Thanks for listing a variety of positives in your experience at IRESS. I am proud to read innovation, diversity, flexibility, leave and learning and growth. Things are pretty fast-paced (in the world too) but this needs to stay in control...if you ever feel yourself overwhelmed, make sure you discuss it with your people leader to help work through priorities.

7. 3.0

Help desk support for 2 years

18 Nov 2019 - Support in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good work-life balance and some great people in the team.

Cons

Lack of career growth, cocky upper management, projects become very slow to implement, pay is sub-par.

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to feed back. I'd like to understand more context of your comments. I will be in Melbourne tomorrow afternoon if this works for you - please contact me or a member of the People team so we can talk in more detail.

8. 3.0

Pretentious company

17 Apr 2019 - Senior Full Stack Developer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

It has a relaxed environment with good work/life balance.

Cons

Advancing the career is quite tough. Have seen people who doesn't deserve to be promoted and those who do the real work, a lot of excuses and little or no raise. The compensation is average and the benefits are not as good as claimed. When your work depends on another team, it's painfully slow and cumbersome. In a nutshell, they oversell the culture and values. It sounds great on paper, the reality however, is far from it.

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

I’m disappointed to read your perspective/experience and meeting expectations in engineering - these aren't what I see and hear. In our most recent people surveys, 80% of people said IRESS they believed our values were important to us and 74% said they were proud to work for IRESS. Our focus regarding reward is on providing a total package covering pay, benefits and many other aspects (including growth, development, flexibility and opportunity). It would be good to chat further about the specifics of your comments around advancing your career and being hindered by others teams - let me know on SLACK if you want to discuss over a coffee.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Worst place to work

19 Feb 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some are really nice except few - Upper management is controlled by Bosses not Leaders

Cons

- Few people leaders are worst and stand at door to check your office timings. If you're 10 seconds late then you'll be called for meetings and threatened to fire. - Seniors have the mentality of my way or highway, if you've any opinion then please keep to yourself. - No work life balance as you're forced to work more than 9 hours a day because we don't have a choice - Last person promoted in this company is 40+ years old so NO GROWTH - Lower than market standard salaries - Checking time on mobile device in meeting is considered under performance - They offer performance checkins twice a year but you will always be under performing according to them - Many good engineers have resigned within last 8 months so retention rate is very low.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

I am very interested in your feedback as it does seem to contradict the views of your colleagues at IRESS based on our most recent people surveys where 73% of people said their ideas and opinions counted and 79% said they have the flexibility to manage their work/life balance. Some of most important projects have tech leadership across all ages and so even more interested in your perspective. Give me a call.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A not bad Aus local IT company

18 May 2019 - Software in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance(depends on teams) Friendly colleagues

Cons

Pay is too low Tech is old(depends on team) Not driven by tech

CEO

While we may have started in Australia we now operate internationally with half of our people ex-Australia. We are a technology company with more than 50% of our people in prod or tech roles, but agree that business outcomes for clients are what drive us. In terms of pay, we focus on providing a total package covering salary, incentives, benefits and other aspects including development, flexibility & opportunity. Thanks for taking the time to give feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews