Iress Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 7 Jun 2020

4.3
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work, great tech and awesome people"

Current Employee - Engineering in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great learning opportunities - Agile development environment - Get to use AWS and new technology - FinTech environment - Huge potential for innovation - Team autonomy / flat structures - table tennis comps!

Cons

- Need to be mindful of work/life balance

2. "One of the best companies in Australia to work"

Current Employee - Graduate Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, people, work-life balance, growth opportunities, training by company, flexible working hours

Cons

I do not know anything so far. Maybe legacy code

December 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for taking the time. Great to hear that you have settled in - I love the energy, skill and outlook our graduates bring to Iress. Quality needs to always be upheld.

3. "Help desk support for 2 years"

Current Employee - Support in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, good work-life balance and some great people in the team.

Cons

Lack of career growth, cocky upper management, projects become very slow to implement, pay is sub-par.

December 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for taking the time to feed back. I'd like to understand more context of your comments. I will be in Melbourne tomorrow afternoon if this works for you - please contact me or a member of the People team so we can talk in more detail.

4. "A not bad Aus local IT company"

Former Employee - Software in Melbourne

I worked at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance(depends on teams) Friendly colleagues

Cons

Pay is too low Tech is old(depends on team) Not driven by tech

June 3, 2019CEO

While we may have started in Australia we now operate internationally with half of our people ex-Australia. We are a technology company with more than 50% of our people in prod or tech roles, but agree that business outcomes for clients are what drive us. In terms of pay, we focus on providing a total package covering salary, incentives, benefits and other aspects including development, flexibility & opportunity. Thanks for taking the time to give feedback.

5. "An exciting place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- the company culture encourages innovation and diversity. - lots of smart people who are also very friendly. many community events - fantastic CEO - visionary and approachable - modern workplace, technologies used have been evolving dramatically for the past 5 years - free fruits, coffee, Friday drinks and etc. - paid leaves etc. for example you get ~8 day paid leave when your kid starts school. - flexible working is supported - plenty opportunities to learn and grow (if you choose to)

Cons

- it can be overwhelming to keep up in a fast-paced place and sometime you just lose the work/life balance inadvertently

May 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for listing a variety of positives in your experience at IRESS. I am proud to read innovation, diversity, flexibility, leave and learning and growth. Things are pretty fast-paced (in the world too) but this needs to stay in control...if you ever feel yourself overwhelmed, make sure you discuss it with your people leader to help work through priorities.

"Pretentious company"

Current Employee - Senior Full Stack Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

It has a relaxed environment with good work/life balance.

Cons

Advancing the career is quite tough. Have seen people who doesn't deserve to be promoted and those who do the real work, a lot of excuses and little or no raise. The compensation is average and the benefits are not as good as claimed. When your work depends on another team, it's painfully slow and cumbersome. In a nutshell, they oversell the culture and values. It sounds great on paper, the reality however, is far from it.

May 16, 2019CEO

I’m disappointed to read your perspective/experience and meeting expectations in engineering - these aren't what I see and hear. In our most recent people surveys, 80% of people said IRESS they believed our values were important to us and 74% said they were proud to work for IRESS. Our focus regarding reward is on providing a total package covering pay, benefits and many other aspects (including growth, development, flexibility and opportunity). It would be good to chat further about the specifics of your comments around advancing your career and being hindered by others teams - let me know on SLACK if you want to discuss over a coffee.

"Worst place to work"

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Some are really nice except few - Upper management is controlled by Bosses not Leaders

Cons

- Few people leaders are worst and stand at door to check your office timings. If you're 10 seconds late then you'll be called for meetings and threatened to fire. - Seniors have the mentality of my way or highway, if you've any opinion then please keep to yourself. - No work life balance as you're forced to work more than 9 hours a day because we don't have a choice - Last person promoted in this company is 40+ years old so NO GROWTH - Lower than market standard salaries - Checking time on mobile device in meeting is considered under performance - They offer performance checkins twice a year but you will always be under performing according to them - Many good engineers have resigned within last 8 months so retention rate is very low.

March 5, 2019CEO

I am very interested in your feedback as it does seem to contradict the views of your colleagues at IRESS based on our most recent people surveys where 73% of people said their ideas and opinions counted and 79% said they have the flexibility to manage their work/life balance. Some of most important projects have tech leadership across all ages and so even more interested in your perspective. Give me a call.

8. "Software Engineer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good work-life balance - Nice and professional colleagues - New office

Cons

- Pay is below market average, pay rise and bonus are very little - Legacy code

November 13, 2018CEO

Thanks for the feedback and comments about work-life balance, colleagues and our workplace. I'd like to understand more about your views on reward where we have modified our entire remuneration model; and code base. Drop me a note directly if you’re happy to chat in Sydney.

9. "great place to be!"

Current Employee - Graduate Testing Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

Brand new office Great people Good work/life balance Lots of professional growth opportunity

Cons

Big organisation sometime have slow response

March 6, 2018CEO

A quick response :-) Our graduate program (and our grads) are important to us and I’m delighted you think IRESS is a ‘great place to be’ (because I do too!). Thanks for your feedback.

"WM Support Analyst"

4.0

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

Great Culture Management is great Work/ Life balance is obtainable

Cons

Salary is average at best

March 2, 2017CEO

Thanks for your feedback. It is appreciated.

Found 23 reviews