Iress Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 1 Aug 2020

4.3
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Cons

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "One of the best IT company in Australia"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress for less than a year

Pros

A very good working environment in Iress

Cons

Promotions are quite slow, it takes long to promote on the next level.

August 10, 2020CEO

I agree! Thanks for your feedback. We look to provide an environment that is supportive, encourages growth, and enables everyone to contribute.

2. "Software Engineer in Iress"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

- Friendly working environment - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Growth path is not clear

August 10, 2020CEO

Great to hear you are enjoying working at Iress. Ensuring available growth opportunities for everyone is important, and defining clear and suitable career paths is a priority for us. Please reach out to discuss further.

3. "Great Flexible Work Environment"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Work Environment Opportunity to work with latest technologies Supportive People Leader

Cons

Can't think of any con.

May 5, 2020CEO

Thanks for your feedback. It is great to read what you have highlighted as contributors to a positive experience at Iress.

4. "Great Work environment"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment. Appreciate the quality of work over quantity Flexibility in terms of working hours. Option to work from home if required. Newly renovated office space. Yearly Global Hackathon

Cons

Employee benefits and discounts are not that many

August 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for your comments and identification of quality over quantity.

5. "Not too bad overall"

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

Relaxing work environment, options to work from home or anywhere else. Hot desking, brand new office with games, large area for lunch, lots of free food activities and employee engagement

Cons

Lower salary, no job advancement

May 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for your comments. We are focused on ensuring everyone is paid fairly for their contribution and also has the opportunity to grow and develop. I’d love to understand the context to your comments, so please contact me if happy to chat.

6. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fantastic culture and work environment - Friendly colleagues and support from senior management

Cons

- Diet coke usually runs out too quicky in the machine -Nothing really

March 16, 2019CEO

Thanks for your feedback. It’s great to hear you are enjoying IRESS so much. Will see what we can do about the diet coke supplies :-)

"Low pay, not enough benefits"

2.0

I worked at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Flexibility. Allow people working remotely, which is good especially for those having young kids. * Team mates are friendly, nice working environment. * A lot of smart people to work with.

Cons

* Poor pay. Much lower than average, pay raise is small every year. When discussing with managers, they said company is not making enough money to give a good pay raise, but they just renovated the office and get everyone an expensive laptop... * There was a bonus system (although still just a little bit money), but not anymore. * Some people that don't do much work but are paid a lot, and some people are doing actual work get paid not well, which make people disappointed. * High turn over rate. A lot of experienced developers left the company. Some of them were made redundant, and were replaced by new employees with much smaller package. * Employee benefit was not as good as it used to be a few years ago, and are getting worse. Free soft drinks are now 50 cents, and the money goes to charity. Pizza used to be Crust, now is Domino..... I believe a big company like IRESS doesn't lack such a small amount of money. * Lacking of communication between teams. If requires help from other teams, from official channel would take ages, it's much easier if you have a friend in that team. * When a production issue happens, teams are throwing the ball to each other * Not much career progression.

August 26, 2018CEO

We’re consider our pay and benefits package to be competitive, and the new remuneration model we introduced earlier this year brings even more focus to this. When it comes to communication and collaboration, we recognise there are always more ways to improve, but my personal experience with teams sees very positive collaboration directed to great client outcomes. I can assure you that we recognise the value of teamwork and the diverse range of experience, talent and expertise we have. Thanks for your feedback.

"Good place to start a career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice working environment. Nice people.

Cons

Legacy and poor quality code.

August 5, 2018CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I’d love to understand more about how you see the balance between employee benefits and product quality - I actually see them as linked and both important. Please contact me if you’re happy to discuss further.

"Great people and place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people - Great culture - Great office Generally relaxed work environment.

Cons

- Pay - Complicated legacy systems (true for pretty much everywhere though) That is pretty much it.

"Business Analyst"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment, not expected to work long hours, well established company with good job security

Cons

Salaries are well below average for the industry, and management positions are always filled externally and so there is no chance of career progression.

July 19, 2017CEO

Continuing to provide the right reward, appropriate career progression, and a broad range of challenging opportunities are important elements for us. There will be always be instances where individuals feel there is more we can do and your views illustrate this. All the best for the next stage in your career.

Found 24 reviews